Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 09:46 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times

Advertisements

https://www.wtae.com/article/breakin...-side/29172279

Seems pretty clear:"We are working closely with the local authorities. As this is an ongoing police investigation, all questions should be directed to the Pittsburgh Police Department”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2019, 06:51 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,966,065 times
Real police work isn't like a TV show. It's methodical and takes time. They have to do a forensic examination to find out what the drugs were, and that isn't done in the first minutes after the episode. People were spreading rumors as soon as the first announcement was made yesterday morning. There was even some irresponsible rumor spread through social media yesterday morning from someone who "heard from a friend." Give the police time to do their work and they will release the information when they have all the facts.

Old 09-23-2019, 07:14 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,595,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
When i was in middle school they gave us a free kit kat bar if we signed nancy reagan's just say no pledge. Little did they know i would have signed my soul over to the devil for a free kit kat bar.
Sounds like an addiction.

Old 09-23-2019, 09:17 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,393,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Sounds like an addiction.
No, I can stop whenever i want

Old 09-23-2019, 09:25 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019...ide-overdoses/

Quote:
One man was taken into custody. He is now facing federal charges in connection to the overdose patients found Sunday morning at Southside Works City Apartments.

Old 09-23-2019, 11:03 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,154,568 times
This whole story is just wild. I wonder if in the end they'll be considered murder victims.

Old 09-23-2019, 11:06 AM

615 posts, read 394,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Ever since westgate village and brodhead manor closed in the city, mckees rocks has become the drug distribution capital of the Pittsburgh area. People from as far away from Cleveland, Detroit and NY used to go down to Westgate because the good drugs were all there. That was back in the 80s and 90s when the Westside Convicts we’re dealing and selling making a mint. I remember when a few Jamaican gang members from NY tried to come in and invade the turf down there. Violence and gunfire was so bad they almost brought in the national guard to bring order to Westgate Village and Brodhead Manor. Cops were afraid to go down there. It made homewood look less violent at that time. That was when Sophie was mayor.

Anyways ever since Brodhead and Westgate closed in the very early 2000s there went the stability of Sheridan, Crafton Heights and McKee’s Rocks. The good drugs are being sold out of places in the Rocks. These happened to be a little too potent. They were expecting a high and ended up on the floor.

Can’t we all just smoke weed and get along? Sheesh...

Old 09-23-2019, 11:31 AM

2,109 posts, read 2,159,791 times
I figured, based on the fact that it was 7 guys all in one apartment and at 2:30 am, that it was most likely to be cocaine laced with fentanyl. Not that I condone the use of "hard drugs", but these guys didn't deserve to die over a single use.

Based on how fentanyl has been vilified, I am guessing they will at least try to charge the dealer with murder. I am curious whether it is added to the supply before or after the end dealer gets his hands on it (we all know this stuff changes hands several times before getting to its end user).

Old 09-23-2019, 05:46 PM

387 posts, read 471,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Thanks for the updated story.

What a shame how this all went down.

According to the story, it appears the dealer *was* staying at the Southside Works apartments, after all, along with the 'tenant in good standing'. Guess that's how the high rent got paid.

The statement from SS Works irked me because considering what we did know already, CLEARLY the person who's apartment it was freely allowed access to those involved.
There was no other way, but they flat out started making statements that just sounded like off, trying to distance themselves from the facts. Plus, with 3 people dead, & some still in critical condition, the 'not one of us' type of statement was just kind of dehumanizing to the victims, like somehow they were less of a person since they weren't a 'tenant in good standing'.

On a side note, since I've never done coke myself, I gotta ask:
Why would anyone add fentanyl to coke?
It seems like it would have effects opposite of what someone seeking coke is looking for?
The side effects are awful to begin with. Vomiting & nausea on speed sounds like a nightmare.
Is plain coke not a good enough high to the newer generation?
Plus there is the obvious: It's killing people everywhere.

I guess drug dealers aren't thinking about protecting their investment.

Jeeze. When I had surgery, they wanted to put me under using propofol & fentanyl.
I said no way! I had to argue up to the day before my surgery & almost cancelled because I know the risks. My surgeon even backed me whole heartedly. It's ALWAYS your choice.
I got a different anesthesiologist that knew how to use the old schedule drugs. I wouldn't let that garbage into my body even under 'proper' controlled environment under Dr's care in a hospital.

Old 09-23-2019, 07:07 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsStanwix? View Post
I figured, based on the fact that it was 7 guys all in one apartment and at 2:30 am, that it was most likely to be cocaine laced with fentanyl. Not that I condone the use of "hard drugs", but these guys didn't deserve to die over a single use.

Based on how fentanyl has been vilified, I am guessing they will at least try to charge the dealer with murder. I am curious whether it is added to the supply before or after the end dealer gets his hands on it (we all know this stuff changes hands several times before getting to its end user).
I used to think fentanyl-laced coke was an urban legend until a friend tested some blow at a music festival, and it came up positive for fentanyl. Most likely cross-contamination from sloppy dealers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh