Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2020, 04:30 PM

755 posts, read 472,738 times

Advertisements

Pittsburgh Public Schools employee in self-isolation due to recent contact with individual in DC with confirmed COVID-19 infection. (Source - KDKA news)

Old 03-11-2020, 04:37 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl-Cns View Post
Well then I'm really confused by what you meant in your previous post that I quoted when you said "Until a sporting event gets cancelled to the public, it’s simply fear mongering..."
Sorry, I should’ve said until “the” sporting event gets canceled, however, a conference in Massachusetts still has zero to do with the Pens playing the Islanders.

Last edited by erieguy; 03-11-2020 at 04:46 PM..

Old 03-11-2020, 05:13 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Barker View Post
Pittsburgh Public Schools employee in self-isolation due to recent contact with individual in DC with confirmed COVID-19 infection. (Source - KDKA news)
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...e-quarantined/

Old 03-11-2020, 05:21 PM

755 posts, read 472,738 times
Thanks for the clarification. My post was based on their initial report on the 6:00 newscast which stated that the employee (not the employee's family member) had contact with someone with a confirmed case. I guess I need to revert to the old rule of journalism - 2 confirmed sources! ;-)

Old 03-11-2020, 07:31 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Barker View Post
Thanks for the clarification. My post was based on their initial report on the 6:00 newscast which stated that the employee (not the employee's family member) had contact with someone with a confirmed case. I guess I need to revert to the old rule of journalism - 2 confirmed sources! ;-)
In a thread like this at this time, I think it is good you posted what you heard. It came out in print and I added to it.

I think people shouldn't underestimate this situation at this time. I do feel things will mellow, but when I was shopping for groceries tonight IN PITTSBURGH (making sure this applies to us here in the Burgh), it was crazy. The cancellation of Pitt and CMU created a little panic.

I am hoping this mellows in Pittsburgh. For all we know it won't come here. I think it will, but one never knows.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:42 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
In a thread like this at this time, I think it is good you posted what you heard. It came out in print and I added to it.

I think people shouldn't underestimate this situation at this time. I do feel things will mellow, but when I was shopping for groceries tonight IN PITTSBURGH (making sure this applies to us here in the Burgh), it was crazy. The cancellation of Pitt and CMU created a little panic.

I am hoping this mellows in Pittsburgh. For all we know it won't come here. I think it will, but one never knows.
Ohio got one more case, Stark County (Canton). Pretty close to the burgh. Ohio has had 4 total cases and is in a state of emergency. Pa has 16 and all out East I believe. Pittsburgh benefits being isolated and having an airport that doesn’t have many international flights.

This is going to be a big and lasting economic impact. Donald will be judged on how he handles this the rest of the way. It’s his baby now. People are losing money and wallets are hurting. Hopefully it subsides before things get way out of hand. Otherwise we will be in a recession and in a presidential year, shrinking wallets don’t help incumbency.

Last edited by Independentthinking83; 03-11-2020 at 08:02 PM..

Old 03-11-2020, 08:03 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Ohio got one more case, Stark County (Canton). Pretty close to the burgh. Ohio has had 4 total cases and is in a state of emergency. Pa has 16 and all out East I believe. Pittsburgh benefits being isolated and having an airport that doesn’t have many international flights.

This is going to be a big and lasting economic impact. Donald (Mr. Blow) will be judged on how he handles this the rest of the way. It’s his baby now. People are losing money and wallets are hurting. Hopefully it subsides before things get way out of hand. Otherwise we will be in a recession and in a presidential year, shrinking wallets don’t help incumbency.
What are you going to do when/if the virus makes it’s way to Pittsburgh or to whichever city of whichever state you actually live in?

People panicking and breeding fear makes the financial situation worse.

Thinking this virus is going to affect incumbency is wishful thinking. These viruses, flu’s, etc..., have been occurring every couple of years for many years.

You still didn’t answer the question on how you want the executive leadership to soothe you?

Last edited by erieguy; 03-11-2020 at 08:29 PM..

Old 03-11-2020, 08:20 PM
gg

Stop talking about all the political crap and our country Independent. Lets keep it to Pittsburgh as I have been doing. It is important to keep a thread going for us to know what is going on. We can get if from news sources, but sharing is good. Just stop messing everything up!

Anyway, I think we are handling things pretty well overall at this time. In a month it will really show us what we are up against.

Old 03-11-2020, 08:34 PM
gg

https://www.wpxi.com/sports/nhl/pitt...KGA5DDW6PMCT4/

No fans at the Pens Blue Jackets game in OH. We need to pay attention. Lets be smart about things here in Pittsburgh. So far so good. We might do okay.

Old 03-12-2020, 04:52 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
What are you going to do when/if the virus makes it’s way to Pittsburgh or to whichever city of whichever state you actually live in?

People panicking and breeding fear makes the financial situation worse.

Thinking this virus is going to affect incumbency is wishful thinking. These viruses, flu’s, etc..., have been occurring every couple of years for many years.

You still didn’t answer the question on how you want the executive leadership to soothe you?
Show leadership. Stock market and economy are tanking. Miss spoke and not on the same page. He is going to speak again to clarify what he misspoke on last night. His poor leadership is showing. He isn’t reassuring the American people as he should.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-w...-he-announced/

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Stop talking about all the political crap and our country Independent. Lets keep it to Pittsburgh as I have been doing. It is important to keep a thread going for us to know what is going on. We can get if from news sources, but sharing is good. Just stop messing everything up!

Anyway, I think we are handling things pretty well overall at this time. In a month it will really show us what we are up against.

I hope it subsides. The longer it lingers the worse it is for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies