Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2020, 02:59 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,564,509 times

Advertisements

I thought the Erieguy post about landlords was 100% sarcasm, how could anyone miss it?

As to rich landlords, there are some. I was not one of them, didn't own enough. My goal was to have the mortgage and expenses covered to break even. After the mortgage was paid off, rent money went into a retirement fund, and when sold, the profits as well. For we self-employed it's a good way to invest, worked for me.

As to give a tenant a few months rent free, it would depend. Would definitely want it repaid at some time.

Old 03-20-2020, 03:03 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,246,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
I thought the Erieguy post about landlords was 100% sarcasm, how could anyone miss it?

As to rich landlords, there are some. I was not one of them, didn't own enough. My goal was to have the mortgage and expenses covered to break even. After the mortgage was paid off, rent money went into a retirement fund, and when sold, the profits as well. For we self-employed it's a good way to invest, worked for me.

As to give a tenant a few months rent free, it would depend. Would definitely want it repaid at some time.
Bingo

Old 03-20-2020, 03:51 PM

155 posts, read 179,647 times
https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/do...onavirus-exist

Old 03-20-2020, 03:53 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,012,601 times
CMU of course has a lot of issues as they have a ton of Asian students.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...t-coronavirus/

Old 03-20-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post

Why does having “a ton of Asian students” have to do with having a lot of issues?

Old 03-20-2020, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf33078 View Post
“Does the 2019 Coronavirus exist?”

I hope social distancing from a country that has proven it can’t be trusted and has been responsible for too many health issues in the world, exists in the very near future.

Old 03-20-2020, 07:46 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,689,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post

I was wondering how long this would take. I’ve talked to some neighbors here in Lawrenceville. He referrred to it as Asian AIDS. There will probably be backlash against institutions like CMU. People are boiling mad over this. It was black folks (me), then Mexicans and now those of Asian decent. Everybody gets a turn to be blamed for something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
“Does the 2019 Coronavirus exist?”

I hope social distancing from a country that has proven it can’t be trusted and has been responsible for too many health issues in the world, exists in the very near future.
Yeah. Them people from Mexico don’t look like such bad neighbors after all huh?

Old 03-20-2020, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Them people from Mexico don’t look like such bad neighbors after all huh?
Sure it does, but it’s great that people are begging for vaccines and border closure. Many simply need to learn the hard way before reality sets in.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:05 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,689,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Sure Mexico does, but it’s great that people are begging for vaccines and border closure. Many simply need to learn the hard way before reality sets in.

The rage I heard against Asians today was scary. It was much worse than I heard as a black man or even against Mexicans. People are unglued over this whole thing, business closures etc.

The longer this drags on the more people will become unhinged. I really hope it doesn’t last much longer.

Sadly an institution like CMU and others with large Asian populations will probably feel a lot of backlash and resentment from a high percentage of the American public over this. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Asian folks become the new “target”. It will probably be absolutely devastating and crippling for these institutions for a while.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
The rage I heard against Asians today was scary. It was much worse than I heard as a black man or even against Mexicans. People are unglued over this whole thing, business closures etc.

The longer this drags on the more people will become unhinged. I really hope it doesn’t last much longer.

Sadly an institution like CMU and others with large Asian populations will probably feel a lot of backlash and resentment from a high percentage of the American public over this. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Asian folks become the new “target”. It will probably be absolutely devastating and crippling for these institutions for a while.
People have become ridiculous. Turn the media off and ride it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies