Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 08:22 AM

882 posts, read 335,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
ed gainey - 3 children
luke ravenstahl - 1 child
bob o'connor - 3 children
tom murphy - 3 children
sophie masloff - 1 child
richard caliguiri - 2 children
bill peduto - 0 children

no matter his sexual orientation, electing a mayor without children is like electing a dog catcher who's never had a dog

What an ignorant comment.

If insemination is the qualification that you consider for mayor, your bar is about as low as humanly possible.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:48 AM

1,170 posts, read 536,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
If insemination is the qualification that you consider for mayor, your bar is about as low as humanly possible.
if having a family and raising kids only means insemination to you, please, do not have children

Old 06-10-2021, 08:51 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,030,476 times
Honestly, if we're going to talk about Peduto being fake, him making himself out as a "wonk" when he was actually a college dropout seems much more illustrative.

Old 06-10-2021, 09:12 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
*eye roll* is Peduto now some kind of pariah (to some people) only because of Gainey's race?

how is he POSSIBLY despised on this democrat-dominated board? he's done a pretty good job, all things considered. i'd say the same for Luke, and Murphy before him. (I was not a fan of O'Connor.)

Old 06-10-2021, 09:29 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
*eye roll* is Peduto now some kind of pariah (to some people) only because of Gainey's race?

how is he POSSIBLY despised on this democrat-dominated board? he's done a pretty good job, all things considered. i'd say the same for Luke, and Murphy before him. (I was not a fan of O'Connor.)
O'Connor did not have enough time to accomplish much as he died at the beginning of his first term.

What does Gainey's race have to do with Peduto? I have nothing against Peduto as he was and is a fine mayor. Peduto has done a lot for this city and will leave a legacy. He lost the election and we must move on. The only people I see berating him is the right wing posters that do not live in the city......

Old 06-10-2021, 09:41 AM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
The only people I see berating him is the right wing posters that do not live in the city......
Liberals also dislike Peduto because he was "too pro-police". Meanwhile I work for the city police, and most officers dislike him because they don't think he is pro-police enough. It will be interesting to see if Gainey follows through with defunding the police. If not he will be a one-term mayor as the liberals eat him alive.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:11 AM

755 posts, read 472,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
ed gainey - 3 children
luke ravenstahl - 1 child
bob o'connor - 3 children
tom murphy - 3 children
sophie masloff - 1 child
richard caliguiri - 2 children
bill peduto - 0 children

no matter his sexual orientation, electing a mayor without children is like electing a dog catcher who's never had a dog
Hmmm. Yeah, I guess Angela Merkle and Emanuel Macron should resign immediately since neither has mothered/fathered a child.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Liberals also dislike Peduto because he was "too pro-police". Meanwhile I work for the city police, and most officers dislike him because they don't think he is pro-police enough. It will be interesting to see if Gainey follows through with defunding the police. If not he will be a one-term mayor as the liberals eat him alive.
https://gaineyformayor.com/priorities/

I do not see where Gainey supports and suggests defunding the police. Defunding the police is a white right wing talking point used to scare suburban white people. Gainey will allocate funding differently as well as demilitarize the police and provide training with community in mind. Ed Gainey plans to force community policing while ridding our city of the us vs them mentality.

Ed Gainey could care less if the police likes him or not. He does not have the issue. He is a 40 something year old black man.

Old 06-10-2021, 11:14 AM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
https://gaineyformayor.com/priorities/

I do not see where Gainey supports and suggests defunding the police. Defunding the police is a white right wing talking point used to scare suburban white people. Gainey will allocate funding differently as well as demilitarize the police and provide training with community in mind. Ed Gainey plans to force community policing while ridding our city of the us vs them mentality.

Ed Gainey could care less if the police likes him or not. He does not have the issue. He is a 40 something year old black man.
Why did my white liberal city friends all vote against Peduto for being "too pro-police", then, when Gainey does not seem to be pro-defunding? I was in Facebook arguments with many people about this, and they all said Peduto was "too pro-police".

Someone may want to tell Gainey that a lot of his younger white supporters voted for him under the impression he is going to be defunding the police, then, or else he will be in for a rude awakening for the next election when those same younger white supporters do not vote to re-elect him.

Old 06-10-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Why did my white liberal city friends all vote against Peduto for being "too pro-police", then, when Gainey does not seem to be pro-defunding? I was in Facebook arguments with many people about this, and they all said Peduto was "too pro-police".

Someone may want to tell Gainey that a lot of his younger white supporters voted for him under the impression he is going to be defunding the police, then, or else he will be in for a rude awakening for the next election when those same younger white supporters do not vote to re-elect him.
These young white voters were under the impression? So they assumes he would defund the police because he is black? Was there a conversation held or was this defunding stuff assumed?

Defunding the police is very different from reallocating funds and retraining. How could we possibly rid ourselves of the police? How does that work? Was Peduto pro police? Really? I do appreciate and see the benefit of the shot spotter technology. The police walk the beat now and I have not seen this since the late 80s.

Last edited by wpipkins2; 06-10-2021 at 11:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh