Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2021, 11:26 AM

882 posts, read 335,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Oh for heaven's sake, have a sense of humor and put away your anger for a moment. I found it hilarious to say the least. He was gentrified out of an area. He has a right to poke some fun. Interesting how people can't at least pretend to walk in someone else's shoes for a bit.

Loved the joke SCR. I about spilled my smoothy, or was it my latte??

Trust me, I have a sense of humor.

But SCR's tired generalizations are and have always been a pretty sad attempt at it.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:42 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
Trust me, I have a sense of humor.

But SCR's tired generalizations are and have always been a pretty sad attempt at it.
Well if you got priced out of an area you liked to live, you might poke some fun as well. I laughed. Good to see him post a bit more. He sure is a different person today than when he first got on here. Also, he is living in a crappy area sort of at the moment in comparison to his old place, but he owns it and is creating money for his next home. Hopefully in the burbs if his job allows.

I enjoyed it, but as with most any humor, it is subjective.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:25 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,640,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Well if you got priced out of an area you liked to live, you might poke some fun as well. I laughed. Good to see him post a bit more. He sure is a different person today than when he first got on here. Also, he is living in a crappy area sort of at the moment in comparison to his old place, but he owns it and is creating money for his next home. Hopefully in the burbs if his job allows.

I enjoyed it, but as with most any humor, it is subjective.
I'm white and was priced out by other white people, so I don't matter, according to the rules of this sub-forum.

In any event I was trying to be tongue-in-cheek. Obviously I struck a nerve with someone with zero sense of humor.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:42 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I'm white and was priced out by other white people, so I don't matter, according to the rules of this sub-forum.

In any event I was trying to be tongue-in-cheek. Obviously I struck a nerve with someone with zero sense of humor.
Yeah, some people have trouble laughing at things these days since the media has taken over thinking for some. Best just to have fun and laugh at things more.

Nice that you posted some today. Place is kind of boring in a way, but I figured I would post a bit more lately. No idea why. lol

I went through a little spell of too much drinking. I am back on "the plan". Amazing how my brain recovers.

Old 08-10-2021, 01:05 PM

882 posts, read 335,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post

No, you really didn't. The meaning or content of the post plays no bearing into my thinking, because you've done your shtick against all different stripes of people, and the only thing I find offensive about it is the unorignality and hacky-ness of it. If you're going to go for the funny to make a point, at least put some effort into being original.

Last edited by PghPatriot; 08-10-2021 at 01:40 PM..

Old 08-10-2021, 01:20 PM

807 posts, read 617,749 times
But what are the current cultural signifiers of Pittsburgh's Young, Urban, Affluent Newcomers or YUANs (soon to be featured in my new book, Pittsburgh, a tale of the yuan's and the yinz's)?

Old 08-10-2021, 02:40 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,284,007 times
Quote:
Dude....you know you're not being clever when you come with stuff like this, right? I get that it's your shtick and you've been doing it since you've been on here, but it's kinda tired and hackey. For what it's worth, it takes away from any point you try to make.
nah its hilarious. getting offended says more about you than anything else.

Old 08-10-2021, 03:53 PM
gg

Quote:
No, you really didn't. The meaning or content of the post plays no bearing into my thinking, because you've done your shtick against all different stripes of people, and the only thing I find offensive about it is the unorignality and hacky-ness of it. If you're going to go for the funny to make a point, at least put some effort into being original.
Why are you so hateful? Seriously, do you really realize how hate-filled you are?

Shame, but the much left is filled with hate much of the time. They hate humanity and themselves for the most part.

Why don't you try the old Pittsburgh way more. Live and let live. Geez.

Old 08-10-2021, 03:54 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2421 View Post
nah its hilarious. getting offended says more about you than anything else.
Well said. SCR is hilarious and he is moving around the city and knows the area and people well. Where he has lived and the job he has exposes him to a LOT of things most aren't exposed to. Not to mention how much he walks around the city and can be really insightful....and funny!

Old 08-11-2021, 06:43 AM

807 posts, read 617,749 times
I think PGHPatriot was just offering a not-so-gentle critique of some of the "color" in SRC's post -- i.e., rather than "segway," might he have used, "$1,700 Onewheel" or "$5,000 electric cargo bike." And instead of "chianti" -- i'm not sure -- "craft beer" (while still omnipresent) seems terribly dated at this point. Small batch, artisanal whiskey? Kombucha? A poverty-chic elixir - tap water in a BPA-free bottle? Sadly, when regarding the East End titans, I am much like Miranda (the Shakespeare one, not the one from Sex in the City), observing the brave new world with such people in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh