Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2021, 10:24 AM

1,913 posts, read 740,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
kevin sousa is charging $39 for a pizza at mount oliver bodega

https://mobpgh.com/food/
Maybe he can get those stupids renting apartments for full price in rent subsidized buildings to stop by.

Old 10-08-2021, 12:49 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,756,315 times
OK, Pittsburgh won't pretend to be a declining metropolitan area anymore.

Old 10-08-2021, 01:32 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
1st time in 80 years, and the Mayor that ended the decline got voted out.

Old 10-08-2021, 02:43 PM

755 posts, read 472,895 times
Quote:
Speaking as someone who moved here ~5 years ago, it never felt to me like an area in decline - and I guess this "proves" it wasn't. There are dormant, stagnant, impoverished areas, but areas that have become impressively more lively in the past 5 years. For example we were at the Kelly-Strayhorn Theater in East liberty last week for a show. We drove up Penn Ave. from the parkway through Pt. Breeze > East liberty > Garfiled > Bloomfield > Lawrenceville > Strip > Downtown. It was Friday night and there were people out everywhere. Granted, Garfield had the Unblurred street party thing - which was a lot of fun - they do every month, but other than that it was just a Friday night in early October. Same thing on our way in from Mt. Lebanon > Dormont > Brookline. Vibrant really is the best word I can use to describe it. BTW, the Margeaux in East Liberty was bustling. Great(!) desserts (which are surprisingly had to find at 10 p.m.) and exceptional service. Beautiful open and airy atmosphere. Hope they can bring some live music in there . . .

Old 10-08-2021, 06:35 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,756,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
1st time in 80 years, and the Mayor that ended the decline got voted out.
Mayor of a metropolitan area?

Old 10-08-2021, 06:37 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Mayor of a metropolitan area?
I see what you did there

Old 10-21-2021, 04:25 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,900 times
I was in Grand Rapids, MI again for work this week. I had more time to explore the downtown. I will say any small or midsize city should strive to have a downtown like Grand Rapids. The bar and restaurant scene is huge there. Places are packed on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in the evenings. The use and renovation of old buildings there is incredible. Lots of old buildings renovated as office, residential.

If people on here want to see what a lively downtown looks like that isn’t a mega city that is where you want to go.

Pittsburgh doesn’t compare and neither does any of the other midsize cities in the rust belt. Good lessons can be learned from them.

Old 10-21-2021, 06:08 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,960,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
I was in Grand Rapids, MI again for work this week. I had more time to explore the downtown. I will say any small or midsize city should strive to have a downtown like Grand Rapids. The bar and restaurant scene is huge there. Places are packed on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in the evenings. The use and renovation of old buildings there is incredible. Lots of old buildings renovated as office, residential.

If people on here want to see what a lively downtown looks like that isn’t a mega city that is where you want to go.

Pittsburgh doesn’t compare and neither does any of the other midsize cities in the rust belt. Good lessons can be learned from them.
This is a stretch. Grand Rapids does not compare to Pittsburgh in no way shape or form. It's not in the same league at all restaurants or otherwise. It's a midwestern small town...Nobody I mean nobody would ever compare the two. That is like comparing Erie to Dayon OH to Cleveland or St Louis....no way in hell.

Old 10-21-2021, 07:57 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
This is a stretch. Grand Rapids does not compare to Pittsburgh in no way shape or form. It's not in the same league at all restaurants or otherwise. It's a midwestern small town...Nobody I mean nobody would ever compare the two. That is like comparing Erie to Dayon OH to Cleveland or St Louis....no way in hell.
You haven’t been there. I’m telling you it’s a lot nicer than Downtown Pittsburgh and most other midsize cities. I can’t think of any others I’ve been to that are just as nice.

Over 100 restaurants and 6,000 residents in their downtown.

https://www.experiencegr.com/plan-an...e&bounds=false

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mli...outputType=amp

Old 10-21-2021, 08:09 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,598,681 times
Back when I lived in Columbus, we had a little song about the state of Michigan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh