Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 08:48 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times

Advertisements

Acquitted, but back on the job I see.

https://archive.triblive.com/news/su...atal-shooting/

And now that he was acquitted.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...EKOHOCAKK44EM/

We need to live in the real world. If you are going to shoot people, deal drugs, do drive-by shootings like Antwon and his buddies, we need a very aggressive police force for that. Real world is needed and this fake crap needs to go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 05:06 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Acquitted, but back on the job I see.

https://archive.triblive.com/news/su...atal-shooting/

And now that he was acquitted.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...EKOHOCAKK44EM/

We need to live in the real world. If you are going to shoot people, deal drugs, do drive-by shootings like Antwon and his buddies, we need a very aggressive police force for that. Real world is needed and this fake crap needs to go away.
What do you suggest we do differently? Are you relatively new to the United States? Do you realize this country is the nation of second, third, fourth and fifth chances? Everybody has the right to a trial by jury and innocent till proven guilty. Law enforcement officers aren’t the judge, jury and executioner. Even though some may think they are.

I’m not sure if you realize this, but most countries in the world except the United States do not treat criminals or suspects very well. Regardless if they are innocent or guilty.

Somebody committing a bank robbery and trying to flee would be treated the same as those considered Patriots and storming a capitol building. Most likely elsewhere in the world in both instances people would be shot dead on the spot without questions, without a trial, without a second chance.

Old 08-17-2021, 05:39 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,553,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
What do you suggest we do differently? Are you relatively new to the United States? Do you realize this country is the nation of second, third, fourth and fifth chances? Everybody has the right to a trial by jury and innocent till proven guilty. Law enforcement officers aren’t the judge, jury and executioner. Even though some may think they are.
99% of the scum that comes in should not be given second chances. Most of the time they are because of lack of room in the prisons. 99% of people plea out. Rarely to juries get a chance to weigh in. This plea situation has softened consequences. But I think:

First, we need to enforce the immigration laws. 90% of the crime is from illegals or people who just got naturalized.

Second, we need to build more prisons.

Third, we need to staff every core aspect of the criminal justice system (not cops) better. No more domestic violence coordinators. No more social workers. Just prosecutors, defense counsel, judges etc.

Fourth, we need to go through the criminal statutes on the books and eliminate crimes (from 1812) and do an inventory of statutes that need to be passed.

Fifth, we need to give judges veto power over prosecutors. Currently Judges cannot dismiss over a prosecutors objection. This leads to miscarriages of justice by a political arm. That needs to stop.

Sixth, no more "mommy and me" courts. Drug courts, veterans courts, baby sitter courts. This is just a way for judges and prosecutors to have something on their resume the they did and a way to give criminals too much resources with taxpayer dollars.

Seventh, the bail system is widely corrupt and has no standards. You need to be able to guarantee that people are treated equally on bail conditions but frankly it is left up to judges and sometimes magistrates.

Eighth, before paying for an interpreter or giving someone a free lawyer a stricter standard should be enforced. The burden would be on the def't to show by strong evidence that they can't speak english (and if they have been living in the USA for more than 5 years - too bad) or that they cannot afford a lawyer. The standard is insanely low now.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:25 AM

10,872 posts, read 4,546,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Most likely elsewhere in the world in both instances people would be shot dead on the spot without questions, without a trial, without a second chance.

lol, if you are arguing that a bank robber fleeing the robbery would be shot on site is BAD, I dont think you are going to get much sympathy...

that being said, Im not sure bank robbery is our top problem, crime wise...IIRC, there is at least 1 other thread discussing the constant shootings in our town...

Old 08-17-2021, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
First, we need to enforce the immigration laws. 90% of the crime is from illegals or people who just got naturalized.

Point of order, this thread was about 2 separate pittsburgh crimes and other threads are talking about similar, shootings beatings stabbings etc in the town. To my knowledge, not a single committed is being blamed on an illegal immigrant - or naturalized for that matter. What is the reference for that statement? 90% of crimes where? border towns? nationwide? Minneapolis?

Old 08-17-2021, 06:34 AM

882 posts, read 335,736 times
Not sure if you guys realize this or not, but this gg person is troll. He's either erieguy, or a troll just like him.

He doesn't want any honest debate, he doesn't offer any solutions, he just fires broad sweeping generalizations.

He's yet another cancer on this forum, and he needs to be excised just like the last troll, erieguy.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:52 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
Not sure if you guys realize this or not, but this gg person is troll. He's either erieguy, or a troll just like him.

He doesn't want any honest debate, he doesn't offer any solutions, he just fires broad sweeping generalizations.

He's yet another cancer on this forum, and he needs to be excised just like the last troll, erieguy.
Erieguy and gg are two different people. I know this factually.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:52 AM

882 posts, read 335,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Erieguy and gg are two different people. I know this factually.

Maybe. But you'd never know by the postings.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:

I have read a lot of his stuff in another thread(s) and I dont see any blood fouls other than he might disagree with some people. If the idea is to purge those who dont agree...well, I cannot continue the comparo without getting political, but it aint good or healthy. It would appear on the surface that a person who was acquitted of a murder (of which none of us know the case facts) was rolled up for another foul, somewhat related.

that being said, the most worrisome part of the story to me, personally, is: isnt the doubletree there one of the GSA approved hotels for govt travelers of which I am on occasion? when I am away from home I dont like my hotels to be the center of such trade...next you are gonna tell me the wyndham has prostitution ;-)

Old 08-17-2021, 07:24 AM

1,913 posts, read 740,186 times
Quote:

This is the best example of projection disorder you'll ever see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh