Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2022, 05:56 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,319,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Despite how much some of you want to blame "the Blacks" for everything the real culprit behind violent crime is poverty. Charlotte, Atlanta, Raleigh, and Dallas are all prime examples of major U.S. cities that have large Black populations but also don't have high violent crime. Why? A good portion of their Black population is educated/upper-middle-class. I can say the same thing for some nice Cleveland suburbs that have a white/Black plurality.

Why doesn't Pittsburgh have a single "buppie" (Black yuppie) neighborhood? wpipkins2 will be along soon to tell me I am a racist because I won't acknowledge Penn Hills to be some sort of buppie mecca (as if Penn Hills is supposed to be nice?) It's because the vast majority of Pittsburgh's Black professional/creative class has left or is leaving whereas Pittsburgh has a massive white professional/creative class (hence why our city is one of the "best" cities for whites and one of the "worst" cities for Blacks). We need to do better to attract more Black professionals here instead of just attracting white and Asian professionals. We also need to RETAIN them.
Atlanta? Atlanta has a murder rate of 20 per 100,000, hardly great.

Look, different kinds of people live in different places. Miami has a large Cuban population, who pretty much run the city. San Francisco has a large East Asian population, which makes it unique even among most other cities in California. New Mexico and Alaska have a lot of Native Americans. It is what it is.

Last edited by fat lou; 08-17-2022 at 06:20 AM..

Old 08-17-2022, 06:34 AM

73,067 posts, read 62,694,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post

Look, different kinds of people live in different places. Miami has a large Cuban population, who pretty much run the city. San Francisco has a large East Asian population, which makes it unique even among most other cities in California. New Mexico and Alaska have a lot of Native Americans. It is what it is.
And Pittsburgh's murder rate is right around that, with a markedly smaller Black population. And 86% of the murders are Black on Black. 23% of the population, 86% of the murders.

I know where many different people live. Buy that's not good enough people. People should be able to thrive ANYWHERE regardless of race or ethnicity.

Old 08-17-2022, 06:34 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,483,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post

What is it? A dangerous country to live in.

Old 08-17-2022, 06:49 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,239,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
What is it? A dangerous country to live in.
It’s gotten greatly worse in the last 17 months as violent crime has skyrocketed.

Old 08-17-2022, 07:26 AM

1,913 posts, read 742,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And Pittsburgh's murder rate is right around that, with a markedly smaller Black population. And 86% of the murders are Black on Black. 23% of the population, 86% of the murders.

I know where many different people live. Buy that's not good enough people. People should be able to thrive ANYWHERE regardless of race or ethnicity.
You can't fix psychopaths. The unanswered question is - why are there so many psychopaths?

Old 08-17-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
You can't fix psychopaths. The unanswered question is - why are there so many psychopaths?
So much anger, so much hopelessness, so much rage.

Old 08-17-2022, 07:42 AM

1,913 posts, read 742,294 times
Quote:
So much anger, so much hopelessness, so much rage.
Wrong. Psychopaths are born, not made. Watch this and get back to me:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PVRg4Xgo7Pc&t=2909s

Old 08-17-2022, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
Wrong. Psychopaths are born, not made. Watch this and get back to me:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PVRg4Xgo7Pc&t=2909s
Wrong. Violent people are raised and socialized to be violent. Most of the Black on Black murders in the ghettos are based on....

1) Gang activity
2) Anger (the "Disrespect me and you die" mentality). Alot of murders take place during arguments.

The "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality drives this. If you're trying to argue that Black people are genetically defective and inherently prone to being violent, you can go somewhere else with that.

Old 08-17-2022, 08:02 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,006,023 times
Quote:
Atlanta is ....
A very successful city with one of the busiest airports in the world. It is a super success.

You should hang out here sometimes. Good to hear from you. We should always look at statistics as they are key to finding solutions to any problem. Statistics go far beyond shootings, they are used in really everything.

I do enjoy your posts. Welcome to the Pittsburgh forum.

This thread is very depressing and we can do better as a city. It seems a lot of young like to be armed with guns in Pittsburgh and they will just discharge them in crowds often. I have no answers. I tried to state some solutions but have been attacked relentlessly for them and really attacked for stating statistics. I was hoping to bring people into reality with numbers because if you don't really look at issues as they are, nothing will ever improve. Pittsburgh LOVES to kick the can down the road on so many levels. Our infrastructure is a prime example. Ouch! I don't know the direction of Pittsburgh. Hoping this is just a bad year and next year is great.

Hope you have a great day and hope you stay. Our forum is pretty slow. Take care!

Old 08-17-2022, 08:19 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,006,023 times
Quote:
1) Gang activity
I really don't think Pittsburgh has much in the way of organized gangs. Nothing like the big cities. If we do, they sure aren't very visible.

So this thread is 1920 posts long and you chose my post to quote. I think I need to digest that for a while to be honest. Maybe time to reflect as I have to look at that as a statistic. Maybe my delivery is inappropriate? I do stand by how the democrats divided us up like it was nothing. Oh it was something and very ugly what they did to us. They sure created one heck of a lot of hate. Look at how the young democrats act towards older people. The Democratic Party DID THAT to us. It is disgusting and so wrong, but they can't see it. They think they are older people's victims. Just think about how the Democratic Party ran their campaign!!!! SICK! That I will never go back on. We were played by them in a very hateful way, but the rest of it, probably need to reflect for a while.

Glad you rolled in here. Take care. You chose one of my posts. I have to ask myself why and read it a few more times. Maybe I will learn something about myself and others. Thanks.

Last edited by gg; 08-17-2022 at 08:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh