Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2022, 11:41 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
No worries. Big Ed and community “leaders” gonna fix it.
sorry to disappoint, but his rhetoric is the same that has been said for DECADES in numerous communities across America.

then, there is a subsidence of crime, a positive trend, people are gloating....and it cycles back to chaos.

now get ready for some person on this board who will come and derail the conversation and try to downplay everything....fact is, we've become/becoming third world. i remember as a kid images of violence in latin america - they would show gated communities of beautiful, opulent homes, but with sturdy steel gates.

i thought that was a ridiculous way to live. "why would anyone accept that??? if i had all that money, i would move to the United States or Canada and be rich, without having to imprison myself....." you get the idea.

well, here we are now in 2022.....

Old 04-14-2022, 12:02 PM

1,910 posts, read 736,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
sorry to disappoint, but his rhetoric is the same that has been said for DECADES in numerous communities across America.

then, there is a subsidence of crime, a positive trend, people are gloating....and it cycles back to chaos.

now get ready for some person on this board who will come and derail the conversation and try to downplay everything....fact is, we've become/becoming third world. i remember as a kid images of violence in latin america - they would show gated communities of beautiful, opulent homes, but with sturdy steel gates.

i thought that was a ridiculous way to live. "why would anyone accept that??? if i had all that money, i would move to the United States or Canada and be rich, without having to imprison myself....." you get the idea.

If something goes wrong, say food inflation or shortages, those same neighborhoods will be powderkegs.

Old 04-14-2022, 12:39 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:

I don’t really see Big Ed doing much of anything he says, or the community “leaders” that talk a big game. They’ll continue to cry, do nothing, and continue to blame the police when they do their jobs.

But they’re just great folks living life. The parents and neighbors will say so.

Many have low standards that they find it acceptable, and many simply don’t want to admit there’s a problem.

Last edited by erieguy; 04-14-2022 at 01:50 PM..

Old 04-14-2022, 03:42 PM

3 people shot in Pittsburgh’s Hill District neighborhood

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/alle...0zo9px797bs9yi

Man in critical condition after shooting in Pittsburgh’s Homewood South neighborhood

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/alle...edium=news_tab

Last edited by erieguy; 04-14-2022 at 05:02 PM..

Old 04-15-2022, 05:49 AM

Quote:

You ain't seen nothin' yet. If they calculated the inflation rate the same way they did before the 90s, our official 8% rate would be doubled at about 16%. I don't recall an annualized rate anywhere near 16% in the late 70s and early 80s. At some point, demand destruction will take over, at which point these criminals in DC will probably print more money and send it out.

Or...they'll raise interest rates and tell everyone to borrow from their 401Ks just before the market crashes and its value declines.

And crime will be how those without 401ks get by.

Old 04-15-2022, 12:31 PM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
You ain't seen nothin' yet. If they calculated the inflation rate the same way they did before the 90s, our official 8% rate would be doubled at about 16%. I don't recall an annualized rate anywhere near 16% in the late 70s and early 80s. At some point, demand destruction will take over, at which point these criminals in DC will probably print more money and send it out.

Or...they'll raise interest rates and tell everyone to borrow from their 401Ks just before the market crashes and its value declines.

what people should do, now and always, is prepare for the worst. i was far, far from the depression generation, but i guess that thought process seeped in by osmosis from now long-deceased aunts/uncles...

you try to accumulate 8 months, MINIMUM of savings for unexpected situations.

yes, i know its difficult for low wage earners - housing and health care have increased compared to when we were all younger. but in times of peace, prepare for war, so to speak.

Old 04-15-2022, 12:35 PM

Community members march through Pittsburgh, calling for end of gun violence

Must be really desperate to admit the police do their part, although I would still expect a protest when the police do their jobs.

“The police do their part, the outreach workers do their part, but to really impact the community, it’s all hands on deck,” said Jones.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/comm...ssffvpwffdlefe

Old 04-15-2022, 07:38 PM

3,291 posts, read 2,768,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post

That is what they should have done years ago - the main reasons we have runaway inflation is money printing/gov't giveaways and interest rates artificially kept the lowest in history. the Fed strikes again. the only time they significantly raised rates since 2008 was after Trump was elected. this insane policy or zero interest and money printing has punished savers and rewarded borrowers and investors for so long, to the point that its hopelessly skewed and crash is inevitable/ Pull your money from stocks, and even bonds are risky now.

Old 04-16-2022, 06:36 AM

82 posts, read 30,095 times
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2022...-ave-shooting/

Old 04-16-2022, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
That is what they should have done years ago - the main reasons we have runaway inflation is money printing/gov't giveaways and interest rates artificially kept the lowest in history. the Fed strikes again. the only time they significantly raised rates since 2008 was after Trump was elected. this insane policy or zero interest and money printing has punished savers and rewarded borrowers and investors for so long, to the point that its hopelessly skewed and crash is inevitable/ Pull your money from stocks, and even bonds are risky now.
I think they'll print til they destroy the dollar. They don't care how many suffer or die. They're criminals, and they're desperate to retain their superpower status and all the rackets that created. Hence all the military bluster. They can't admit the crown has fallen from their heads, especially as the blame points back to them.

The question not yet answered is - would they rather be nuked than give it up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh