Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2021, 06:49 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,902,611 times

Advertisements

Six overnight shootings throughout Allegheny County - two of them fatal.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021...nty-shootings/

Old 11-21-2021, 06:56 AM

1,913 posts, read 740,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post

A good thread would simply list the location of these shootings everyday. Call it Places You'll Get Shot in Pittsburgh. I'd do it, but I don't really follow shootings as they don't affect me.

Old 11-21-2021, 08:02 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:

Sadly, it’ll continue to get worse.

Old 11-21-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Sadly, it’ll continue to get worse.
The social workers screaming about 'racism' and blaming 'the NRA' will turn the tide

The liberals are like a broken clock in regards to gun violence - theyre right twice a day, and thats it.
Ive met with some of the 'violence interrupters' - and they have shockingly eye-opening perspectives. They try to intervene and reach these kids - and some of these kids simply just need a drivers license so that they can get a real job so that they feel they have options beyond a life of violence on the streets.

So I do acknowledge that there is room for social work and social services...

but the liberals are going to need to get over some of their other sacred cows if they want to stem the violence.

- they need robust police enforcement and no more pleading down gun charges. Yes, the social workers are needed to provide an 'out' for those who are at-risk, but if they choose to stay 'in' the game - then they need to know the cops are gonna be kicking them down their door and hauling them off to prison and that the DA's office and the judges are going to throw the book at them and swing for maximum sentencing if they used guns to commit crimes.

- they need to stop blaming the wrong culture. Its not NRA members who are responsible for urban gun violence. But maybe the glorification of ghetto culture in rap/R&B/hip-hop has something to do with the problems of this subculture... glorifying pimpin them hoes while busting a cap on your enemies while it rains money - yeah, maybe that subculture needs to be called out for its negative impact.

- they need to realize that public education has utterly failed these children

There is a role for society to offer a soft and compassionate hand. But if the shooters arent interested in embracing the opportunities that hand offers, then the other hand of society needs to be made of iron and willing to crush these criminals.

Too many liberals dont get this.

Old 11-21-2021, 08:47 AM

Bingo

Until enough folks are affected and have had enough, they’ll continue to defend the entitled clowns and vote for the powers that be that let them get away with it. On the bright side, we recently found out that folks can still defend themselves from the riff-raff.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
On the bright side, we recently found out that folks can still defend themselves from the riff-raff.
Ha - but if anything similar would happen here you know Zappala would charge them, Big Ed would demonize them in the media, Tony Norman would stir the pot in the Post-Gazette, and the open-minded advocates of tolerance would protest and make their lives a living Hell.
They'd be nailed to a cross next to Michael Rosfeld.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:26 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times
Quote:

There person shot in Point Breeze was a teen.

This is in every city. We are losing a lot of kids to shootings and stabbings. We focus on things like Rittenhouse that shot a child molester and some other felon and injured a felon that had it expunged somehow that pointed a gun at Rittenhouse, but what about the huge deaths occurring to kids? It is interesting how the media gets people going crazy over the odd case, yet the daily deaths continue and no one seems to care?

Guess I just can't wrap my head around it. At 15 or whatever, you haven't even started life yet. They make out like Antwon Rose is some folk hero even though he was in a car being part of a drive by that shot some guy in the stomach that survived, yet if anyone shoots a kid and kills them it is okay so long as it isn't a police officer doing their job. WHY IS THAT? Honestly, why? Antwon was a gangbanger. Some of these people being killed are just "mistaken identity", yet that seems to be okay somehow.

I honestly don't understand. You can hate the police, but don't you want these shooters put in jail and create a more safe environment for your own kids?

All I can say is please start getting police to help by giving them the information they need to stop all these shootings. Think of the kids for a change.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
There person shot in Point Breeze was a teen.

This is in every city. We are losing a lot of kids to shootings and stabbings. We focus on things like Rittenhouse that shot a child molester and some other felon and injured a felon that had it expunged somehow that pointed a gun at Rittenhouse, but what about the huge deaths occurring to kids? It is interesting how the media gets people going crazy over the odd case, yet the daily deaths continue and no one seems to care?

Guess I just can't wrap my head around it. At 15 or whatever, you haven't even started life yet. They make out like Antwon Rose is some folk hero even though he was in a car being part of a drive by that shot some guy in the stomach that survived, yet if anyone shoots a kid and kills them it is okay so long as it isn't a police officer doing their job. WHY IS THAT? Honestly, why? Antwon was a gangbanger. Some of these people being killed are just "mistaken identity", yet that seems to be okay somehow.

I honestly don't understand. You can hate the police, but don't you want these shooters put in jail and create a more safe environment for your own kids?

All I can say is please start getting police to help by giving them the information they need to stop all these shootings. Think of the kids for a change.
Because if you point out crime that takes place within certain communities, among members of that community, then you're a racist.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Ha - but if anything similar would happen here you know Zappala would charge them, Big Ed would demonize them in the media, Tony Norman would stir the pot in the Post-Gazette, and the open-minded advocates of tolerance would protest and make their lives a living Hell.
They'd be nailed to a cross next to Michael Rosfeld.
Bingo…a big reason that D lever will continue to be pulled.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:55 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times
Quote:
Because if you point out crime that takes place within certain communities, among members of that community, then you're a racist.
Well the kid that killed someone in McKeesport was a 15 year old white boy, but I agree well over 85% of murders are committed by blacks and they make up very few in Allegheny County at only 13%. As a percentage, it is really huge and needs to be addressed. I have given ideas on helping curb it as I think open gyms with mentors would be helpful to keep young kids busy being active instead of idle time to get in trouble. I also think adults in these communities need to get involved with police, or maybe create a black police force in the communities that are affected and really have involvement with them. I don't even think there was a conviction in that mass shooting in Wilkinsburg.

I honestly don't think kids should be living in these environments, but the force to make is stop MUST come from within. White folk as we are called aren't really welcome, which is fine, but I do think we can at least throw some ideas out there. I gave my opinion. I don't think anyone cares or is interested, but as a human being, I felt the need to at least say something to try.

I have been labeled racist all the time here, yet I want to help. Sure I'm not welcome, but someone could help out there. I am sure of it, but they DO need to be black. That I am sure of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh