Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2021, 12:13 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
BINGO! LOLZ!! Mentally challenged people in here these days, sheesh...
Bingo…especially since they can’t admit it was self defense, lol.

Old 11-18-2021, 12:16 PM

1,913 posts, read 740,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
LMAO. This is LITERALLY what happened with the Rittenhouse shootings.
Yes it is, but for whatever reason, you are unable to learn from it.

Old 11-18-2021, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Chief Wiggum Junior looking homeboy straight up didn't even own the gun. It was a straw purchase but I know all you guys knew that. The guy who bought the gun is waiting for his trial for purchasing a gun and handing it off to a kid who went on to kill 2 people with it. That is highly illegal. No matter how you want to portray it that kid ****ed up, decisions have consequences. Hope the jury makes the right decision.
Did the court rule that Rittenhouse was a kid who illegally had a gun?

He acted in self defense and killed them. They chose poorly by attacking him.

Just think, if there weren’t thugs causing violence, burning it down, looting, etc…, to the tune of $1B+ in damages, Rittenhouse wouldn’t have been there defending property. Just like if there’s no criminals, no police would be needed, but thugs gonna thug.

Old 11-18-2021, 01:49 PM

755 posts, read 473,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Did the court rule that Rittenhouse was a kid who illegally had a gun?

He acted in self defense and killed them. They chose poorly by attacking him.

Just think, if there weren’t thugs causing violence, burning it down, looting, etc…, to the tune of $1B+ in damages, Rittenhouse wouldn’t have been there defending property. Just like if there’s no criminals, no police would be needed, but thugs gonna thug.
I haven't been following the trial closely, but here's my take. You can't:

a. claim self-defense in a situation that you inserted yourself into with a lethal weapon, or
b. defend property that you have no legal interest in.

If the civil authorities, local Kenosha police and Wisconsin state police, didn't see fit to disband the protesters, then they are the ones that are accountable to the elected officials who ultimately are accountable for their action/inaction at the next election or before by virtue of a recall process. Anything else leads to vigilantism, even more civil unrest, and ultimately anarchy.

Old 11-18-2021, 02:02 PM

2,401 posts, read 2,103,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Barker View Post

a. claim self-defense in a situation that you inserted yourself into with a lethal weapon, or

If the civil authorities, local Kenosha police and Wisconsin state police, didn't see fit to disband the protesters, then they are the ones that are accountable to the elected officials who ultimately are accountable for their action/inaction at the next election or before by virtue of a recall process. Anything else leads to vigilantism, even more civil unrest, and ultimately anarchy.
This. Also, the gun was a product of a straw purchase. That right there should stop everybody in their tracks who are making a martyr of this jackass. Also, he was NOT invited to protect the Car Sense, google it. The person who did ask him to come was a FORMER employee who no longer worked for the store at the time of the killings. He knowingly trespassed into a restricted area, under age, with a gun he didn't own, and drove there with a suspended license no less. Oh, how about the lying that he was an EMT? Yep, kid is a punk, go straight to jail do not collect $200.

Old 11-18-2021, 02:06 PM

Quote:

Are you saying he can’t defend himself while being attacked? Folks carry lethal weapons everyday, and they can certainly defend themselves.

Yep, they let it happen, and he was attacked and still had the right to defend himself.

Old 11-18-2021, 02:10 PM

Quote:
This. Also, the gun was a product of a straw purchase. That right there should stop everybody in their tracks who are making a martyr of this jackass. Also, he was NOT invited to protect the Car Sense, google it. The person who did ask him to come was a FORMER employee who no longer worked for the store at the time of the killings. He knowingly trespassed into a restricted area, under age, with a gun he didn't own, and drove there with a suspended license no less. Oh, how about the lying that he was an EMT? Yep, kid is a punk, go straight to jail do not collect $200.
Did the court say he wasn’t allowed to have the gun?

He’s not a martyr, he simply defended himself. The martyrs are those that suffered the consequences along with the person that was shot in the arm. They chose poorly by attacking him.

The streets were restricted? What we’re all the opportunistic thugs doing there?

Nah, he won’t go to jail for any period of time if at all…and he’s going to end up extremely wealthy with all of the defamation lawsuits, interviews, etc…

Old 11-18-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Are you saying he can’t defend himself while being attacked? Folks carry lethal weapons everyday, and they can certainly defend themselves.

Yep, they let it happen, and those attacked still have the right to defend themselves.
No. I'm saying that he has some "contributory negligence", for lack of a better term in this particular scenario. Like I said, I am not following it closely, but the images I saw didn't show anyone else, in particular the victims, armed with a comparable level of lethal weaponry. Proportionality is an important concept in self-defense argument I would guess.

Old 11-18-2021, 02:21 PM

Quote:
No. I'm saying that he has some "contributory negligence", for lack of a better term in this particular scenario. Like I said, I am not following it closely, but the images I saw didn't show anyone else, in particular the victims, armed with a comparable level of lethal weaponry. Proportionality is an important concept in self-defense argument I would guess.
How does holding a gun instigate attacking and shooting by someone else?

Is there a law against holding a gun?

Old 11-18-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Who attacked and shot at who first?
Like I said not following this closely (not retired yet, and with every letter I type my work email is mounting), but, yeah if he was attacked first then self-defense is viable, but there are contributing factors so . . . that's why we have juries and criminal procedure. I just don't see this as some kind of clear-cut, open and closed case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh