Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2021, 10:12 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Well the kid that killed someone in McKeesport was a 15 year old white boy, but I agree well over 85% of murders are committed by blacks and they make up very few in Allegheny County at only 13%. As a percentage, it is really huge and needs to be addressed. I have given ideas on helping curb it as I think open gyms with mentors would be helpful to keep young kids busy being active instead of idle time to get in trouble. I also think adults in these communities need to get involved with police, or maybe create a black police force in the communities that are affected and really have involvement with them. I don't even think there was a conviction in that mass shooting in Wilkinsburg.

I honestly don't think kids should be living in these environments, but the force to make is stop MUST come from within. White folk as we are called aren't really welcome, which is fine, but I do think we can at least throw some ideas out there. I gave my opinion. I don't think anyone cares or is interested, but as a human being, I felt the need to at least say something to try.

I have been labeled racist all the time here, yet I want to help. Sure I'm not welcome, but someone could help out there. I am sure of it, but they DO need to be black. That I am sure of.
Until folks stop having kids that they can’t afford, can’t take care of, etc…, it’ll continue to get worse.

Where are the outreach folks, the neighborhood folks where they grow up, BLM, etc…, to help, mentor, stop the violence, etc…? They continue to cry that something needs done, but the problem continues to get worse.

Old 11-21-2021, 11:02 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times
So here is where the 6 shootings happened in ONE night. Will it be a record year per capita? Don't know. They say the shootings are not related as they are scattered around the county in the areas of this huge crimewave.

North Braddock
Mount Oliver
Penn Hills
Hill District
Point Breeze North
Homewood

On a bright note they didn't come downtown to kill each other, so it was a safe light up night. I was wondering if there was going to be a shooting down there. NYE is usually good for a shooting though, so stay tuned.

Old 11-22-2021, 06:24 AM

10,876 posts, read 4,555,654 times
Quote:
So here is where the 6 shootings happened in ONE night. Will it be a record year per capita? Don't know. They say the shootings are not related as they are scattered around the county in the areas of this huge crimewave.

North Braddock
Mount Oliver
Penn Hills
Hill District
Point Breeze North
Homewood

On a bright note they didn't come downtown to kill each other, so it was a safe light up night. I was wondering if there was going to be a shooting down there. NYE is usually good for a shooting though, so stay tuned.
was the braddock shooting jsut recent? on next door, someone in my 'region' was posting that his ring door bell caught it on camera...but, knowing that cameras are all over, the shooters are hooded and masked (so they dont spread covid I guess?)

Old 11-22-2021, 04:40 PM
gg

Let the Monday evening shootings begin.

https://www.wtae.com/article/penn-hi...drive/38325297

This might be an accident. Very sad. Who leaves a loaded gun laying around with a child in the house? Poor little fella.

https://www.wtae.com/article/pittsbu...berty/38319851

Old 11-22-2021, 04:46 PM
gg

Well this doesn’t count as it in westmorland county, but I felt people should be careful out there. Lots of violent self centered people are driving. Thankfully the woman survived this encounter. Hope he goes away a long time. Geez.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021...ania-turnpike/

Old 11-22-2021, 09:26 PM
gg

Are all these shootings involving drugs or something? Wow, now a 6 year old shoots their 5 year old sibling. What is going on?

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...O7BWZSSY4VTQA/

Old 11-22-2021, 09:36 PM
gg

Another shooting in Homewood. When do we just call this an epidemic?

https://www.wtae.com/article/homewoo...rhood/38326600

Old 11-22-2021, 09:36 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Are all these shootings involving drugs or something? Wow, now a 6 year old shoots their 5 year old sibling. What is going on?

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...O7BWZSSY4VTQA/
Most likely….along with irresponsible parents/guardians that shouldn’t have kids if they can’t take care of them.

Old 11-22-2021, 09:42 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Most likely….along with irresponsible parents/guardians that shouldn’t have kids if they can’t take care of them.
And the road rage incident was some white woman trying to say they were sorry to the black man from Monroeville because she didn't see him next to her and she was shot for just trying to say sorry!! Wow, be safe out there. Probably best to really keep an eye out as to who is in the cars around you, to make sure you don't get into this situation.. It is really getting nuts out there. It is almost like it is open season with guns blazing.

Old 11-28-2021, 05:41 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Our cranberry resident must’ve been adjusting their tinfoil hat and mistakenly hit the accelerator. I feel bad. I am sure they cobbled together what the could to shop at five below. Hopefully they are insured. I can imagine times are tough trying to afford heating that home that was once on wheels.

https://triblive.com/local/regional/...orts-indicate/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh