Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2021, 08:23 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,697,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
and? what do you know about it? the facts (as far as i know at this writing) are still not totally known, but it was found that the woman was a suicide, form what i heard this morning.

are you making conclusions with no supporting facts? and the fact it was in mccandless means what exactly? should they be immune to violence, it being a tony (by comparison) north hills community? that's pretty racist, in my view, if anyone holds this up as some example of a failed community. as if a mostly white McCandless should be crime/violence free.

this doesnt sound like a case that could support an anti-gun stance.
Too many guns. We have accepted this as our culture. This is who we are.

Old 12-02-2021, 08:27 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,302,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Nope, too many violent criminals walking the streets, and wayyyy too many repeat criminals. Guns don’t go off by themselves

Old 12-02-2021, 08:40 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,062,853 times
Quote:
The gun violence is mostly all black on black kids shooting each other. Factor in how few black people are in the US compared to white people and the statistics are insane. it isn't a problem for all of us. Is this all you focus on? Guns? Knives kill plenty of people and that is what will be used as well. Do we now only have butter knives in our homes? Get a grip.

Just do this search on Google and you can read about it for days.

"black on black crime allegheny county pa"

Old 12-02-2021, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
The gun violence is mostly all black on black kids shooting each other. Factor in how few black people are in the US compared to white people and the statistics are insane. it isn't a problem for all of us. Is this all you focus on? Guns? Knives kill plenty of people and that is what will be used as well. Do we now only have butter knives in our homes? Get a grip.

Just do this search on Google and you can read about it for days.

"black on black crime allegheny county pa"
Bingo….but they don’t want to admit it….and many of the anti-gun folks are the defund the police folks, lol. They’d be the first ones crying for the police when they were in the least bit of danger…and what’s even more hilarious is they think that the government should take everyone’s guns so the criminals won’t be able to get any.

Old 12-03-2021, 06:18 AM

1,916 posts, read 749,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Nope, too many violent criminals walking the streets, and wayyyy too many repeat criminals. Guns don’t go off by themselves
The focus on guns is a way to mediate their dissonance. They can't admit that all the money and "programs" thrown at this population haven't worked. Blaming guns is a way of never admitting their understanding of the problem is wrong.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:30 PM

6,360 posts, read 5,076,502 times
Quote:
i tend to agree, but i seriously put a more potent situation AHEAD of the number of guns as the biggest probem: people are idiots.

its true - its our culture. not because of guns, but because we are a modern society, hyper-competitive, with a demand for instant gratification. that extends into illegal things, like recreational drug use.

this is abstract, i know, but i think this is more a problem than just the number of guns. what they never do on the news is report why some random schmoe was shot. rather, just that he was shot.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
i tend to agree, but i seriously put a more potent situation AHEAD of the number of guns as the biggest probem: people are idiots.

its true - its our culture. not because of guns, but because we are a modern society, hyper-competitive, with a demand for instant gratification. that extends into illegal things, like recreational drug use.

this is abstract, i know, but i think this is more a problem than just the number of guns. what they never do on the news is report why some random schmoe was shot. rather, just that he was shot.
They certainly don’t want to admit gang violence, drug violence, robbery, etc…, and criminals partaking in it for being the reasons for so many shootings. They’d have to admit they’re doing a terrible job controlling it.

Old 12-04-2021, 09:14 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,697,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
They certainly don’t want to admit gang violence, drug violence, robbery, etc…, and criminals partaking in it for being the reasons for so many shootings. They’d have to admit they’re doing a terrible job controlling it.
Why do you hate America?

Old 12-04-2021, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Why do you hate America?
LMAO at that assumption. You complain about America as much/more than anyone.

I love America. I’ll wake up tomorrow and go to the beach early, enjoy the 80+ degree day as I watch football outside in it, we’ll enjoy dinner outside, and come home and watch the Sunday night game. America has enabled me to be very successful and live life how I want to. I simply have no use for riff-raff, but standards differ.

Old 12-05-2021, 12:00 AM

3,291 posts, read 2,787,566 times
the entire problem stems from societal rot brought on by welfare families. of any race. government replaced daddy and it turned into nightmare. yes. it's very simple, they feel entitled and have no work ethic. drugs are the norm. and violence goes right along with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh