Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2022, 06:09 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,052,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
You’re obviously way behind and should do more research before making such statements. Just one of many articles.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN29B2UT
you have to get in your little insult.

i asked you because i doubted it. now that article is disappointing for a reputable source like Reuters. It did not even provide a timestamp for that tweet. there is a lot of backstory it ignores. sure, he asked them to go home and have law and order...but when, AFTER a police man was bludgeoned, and after one of the stormtroopers was shot to the ground (and her pals just walked away)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2022, 06:25 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,198,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post

i asked you because i doubted it. now that article is disappointing for a reputable source like Reuters. It did not even provide a timestamp for that tweet. there is a lot of backstory it ignores. sure, he asked them to go home and have law and order...but when, AFTER a police man was bludgeoned, and after one of the stormtroopers was shot to the ground (and her pals just walked away)?
It’s not an insult. You’re simply making statements that aren’t true, like this one. Plenty of sources if you’re going to question the one provided.
Quote:
the guy was shameless. his own daughter begged him to 'do something'. is he insane? that is not a rhetorical question. i really would hope your suggestion is unreasonable, but it seems the situations are comparable, with even a possible argument to be had that the confederacy had more justification than trump's quasi-coup gone wrong.
And you didn’t ask me anything. You doubted what happened, and I simply provided proof otherwise.

Quote:
i am not aware of that, erieguy, from what i have picked up here and there over the last 2 weeks or so.
i had not heard that he 'told folks to go home' and doubt that is what happened.

Old 07-13-2022, 06:39 AM

1,912 posts, read 737,806 times
All of this is just theater. Arguing about is like getting into a bar fight when discussing a fictional character's virtue with fellow patrons.

Old 07-13-2022, 06:44 AM

468 posts, read 123,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
Then what do we do to biden when his wrongdoings come out?
We seem to be an impasse here -- although I think we are comparing some pretty low level graft (Hunter and Burisma and China, etc. etc) as well as some bad luck (inflation), poor decisions (afghanistan), etc. etc., vs. a constitutional crisis. You may very well get your wish, with it being highly likely that Jim Jordan will be the chairman of the judiciary committee, come January 2023.

If you think the January 6th committee is a kangaroo court, which I assure it is not, you can be assured that the esteemed Congressman from Ohio definitely has a pouch. Further, if you want to get a sense of what a true kangaroo court might look like, I refer you to the chilling testimony of Sidney Powell, who flippantly stated she would have fired the President's two, very Republican, and very conservative attorneys (Cippolone and Herschman), who were standing in the way of the "crazies" implementing their Jan. 6th plans, as well as the "testimony" of disgraced soldier, Michael "the Fifth" Flynn.

Just editing to add that, the other difference here is that, "Democrats," whatever that means, per recently polling, don't even want Biden to run again in 2024, and certainly, Trump is probably the only candidate that Biden could actually beat in 2024 (and even that would be far from a sure thing). If Biden ran against DeSantis, I think it would be a disaster for the Dems -- with Ron's only drawback being that, reportedly, he has no interest/talent for "retail politics" -- e.g., the handshaking, baby kissing, making small talk in an Iowa diner, type of stuff.

Last edited by Burghophilia; 07-13-2022 at 06:54 AM..

Old 07-13-2022, 07:55 AM

611 posts, read 365,068 times
Quote:

Bingo.

Old 07-13-2022, 09:06 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,657,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
At this point I think they should do to Trump what they did to Robert E Lee and Jefferson Davis. Strip him of US citizenship. Seize all of his property and assets. Send him to jail and let him rot alone in there. Traitor….
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
And thats why I am suggesting it. The only difference was there was a clear majority on that side back then. This was the minority. I see no difference now in what he wanted to do vs what Jefferson Davis and Robert E Lee did in the 1860s. To me it’s Treason and he’s a Traitor. The other congressmen and women that knew need to go as well.
Robert E. Lee never served time in jail. Jefferson Davis was imprisoned for two years before being released on bail.

Lee's prewar family home was seized by Union forces during the war and turned into Arlington National Cemetery, and his family was not compensated until more than a decade after his death.

Lee applied for and was granted amnesty in 1868.

The case of United States v. Jefferson Davis never went to trial, a decision finalized in 1869. The federal government reached its decision in part because it feared that Davis would either prove to a jury that secession was legally permitted under the U.S. Constitution or he would be transformed into a martyr if convicted and executed. Davis remained under indictment until Andrew Johnson issued on Christmas Day of 1868 a presidential "pardon and amnesty" for the offense of treason to "every person who directly or indirectly participated in the late insurrection or rebellion.

Lee's and Davis' citizenship were not reinstated until the 1970s.

I'm sure Merrick Garland is reviewing these cases and Ford's pardon of Richard Nixon.

Old 07-13-2022, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
All of this is just theater. Arguing about is like getting into a bar fight when discussing a fictional character's virtue with fellow patrons.
Bingo…Especially since those that continue to complain about political posts continue to make them

Old 07-13-2022, 09:34 AM

1,170 posts, read 535,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghophilia View Post
If you think the January 6th committee is a kangaroo court, which I assure it is not
that's the assurance i was looking for - now i'll definitely tune in

will they be putting the handcuffs on trump? what should i expect to see?

Old 07-13-2022, 09:39 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,250,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbraybarten65 View Post
Bingo.
Funny,
thanks for the laugh.
“LOL”

Old 07-13-2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
that's the assurance i was looking for - now i'll definitely tune in

will they be putting the handcuffs on trump? what should i expect to see?
Bingo…been hearing it for 5+ years. They’re so hopeful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh