Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2022, 07:42 AM

1,912 posts, read 738,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
I don't like either of these two. and I don't see how anyone at all could vote for uncle fester. maybe we really need to start choosing representatives from random lists like juries. the ones who want it are worse.
He's Carl from "Sling Blade", without the morality.

Old 11-05-2022, 10:21 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Literally *anyone* is better than oz
are there reasons you think so? if there are, are you holding Oz to a double standard, or is HE the only one that possesses those things or qualities that have you seeing him as the worst candidate?

Old 11-05-2022, 10:25 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
I don't like either of these two. and I don't see how anyone at all could vote for uncle fester. maybe we really need to start choosing representatives from random lists like juries. the ones who want it are worse.
i do not understand how he so quickly led in the polls. was it based on personality, his vs. Oz's?

have we voters yet learned we are NOT getting a saint elected - who has been so perfect? even obama chose to imbibe in cocaine - an illegal substance, the sell and purchase of which had done incredible damage to a lot of black communities in urban america from the 80s to the 2000s.

really - HAVE we had mr. or mrs. perfection ever? ANYONE who has no skeletons in their closet, or who never backtracked on policy (eg. fracking)?

so im befuddled why so many were automatically FOR Fetters. Oz, in my view, has experience in business and i think that goes a long way in formulating policy to grow the economy.

most of the former Fetterman would-be voters (the polls indicate a sizeable shift to Oz) were NOT for Fetters solely on the abortion issue. so why, then?

Old 11-05-2022, 10:33 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
i do not understand how he so quickly led in the polls. was it based on personality, his vs. Oz's?

have we voters yet learned we are NOT getting a saint elected - who has been so perfect? even obama chose to imbibe in cocaine - an illegal substance, the sell and purchase of which had done incredible damage to a lot of black communities in urban america from the 80s to the 2000s.

really - HAVE we had mr. or mrs. perfection ever? ANYONE who has no skeletons in their closet, or who never backtracked on policy (eg. fracking)?

so im befuddled why so many were automatically FOR Fetters. Oz, in my view, has experience in business and i think that goes a long way in formulating policy to grow the economy.

most of the former Fetterman would-be voters (the polls indicate a sizeable shift to Oz) were NOT for Fetters solely on the abortion issue. so why, then?
Because PA has become a weak and entitled blue state, folks defend and enable criminals, they support raising taxes, they endorse his low standards and terrible resume, they think he’s an every man, etc…and Fetterman represents that perfectly…though chasing an unarmed black man with a shotgun and vandalizing a black owned business and getting a free pass for it is very interesting.

Old 11-06-2022, 05:23 AM

987 posts, read 279,887 times
Looks like Democrats have a 4 MILLION vote lead over GOP in early voting at this moment.
And Democrats in 2022 are performing at 3 points higher than in 2020.

If this trend continues and there’s no GOP shenanigans, hopefully we’ll get a real majority this time.

Old 11-06-2022, 05:27 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Because PA has become a weak and entitled blue state, folks defend and enable criminals, they support raising taxes, they endorse his low standards and terrible resume, they think he’s an every man, etc…and Fetterman represents that perfectly…though chasing an unarmed black man with a shotgun and vandalizing a black owned business and getting a free pass for it is very interesting.
We're not a blue state. We're a purple state. We voted for Trump in 2016. We have a ton of conservatives in this state everywhere outside of either Allegheny County or Greater Philadelphia. PA conservatives almost all turn out to vote. PA liberals turn out to vote if they feel like it or if they can remember to.

Old 11-06-2022, 05:28 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Looks like Democrats have a 4 MILLION vote lead over GOP in early voting at this moment.
And Democrats in 2022 are performing at 3 points higher than in 2020.

If this trend continues and there’s no GOP shenanigans, hopefully we’ll get a real majority this time.
You're forgetting almost all mail-in votes are from Democrats. Almost all Republicans vote in person.

Old 11-06-2022, 06:19 AM

1,170 posts, read 535,924 times
'I celebrate the demise of Roe v. Wade': Stroke victim John Fetterman mangles his words yet AGAIN as he appears to say he is against abortion at Senate race rally with Biden and Obama

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oe-v-Wade.html

"Pennsylvania Democratic Senate hopeful John Fetterman and stroke victim mangled his words yet again on the campaign trail, accidentally saying he was against abortion.

'I run on Roe v. Wade. I celebrate the demise of Roe v. Wade,' he said.

Fetterman, who is going head-to-head with celebrity doctor Dr. Mehmet Oz, may well have been trying to say his opponent 'celebrates the demise of Roe v. Wade.'"

Old 11-06-2022, 06:23 AM

135 posts, read 36,012 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRix3llRg7k

Old 11-06-2022, 07:22 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,391,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burghophilia-03 View Post
Good for her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh