Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 04:16 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,936,337 times

Advertisements

Here are a few photos that I took of Pburgh since last Feburary. Now that the spring is here I finally have this new ambition to go out a get more photos. I was being real lazy for a while in Pittsburgh. I got Columbus and Johnstown in the winter, and Philly last weekend. I got to get many more Pittsburgh neighborhoods and suburbs.

I plan on having a full comprehensive collection of every Pittsburgh neighborhood soon, and I will update them in the Pittsburgh pics every so often. I will only make a thread like a couple times a year. If I dont get banned.

Lawerencville

South Side

Squirrel Hill

North Side

Oakland

Greenfield

Shadyside

Mnt. Washington

Friendship

All Photos by Awesomo.2000

Last edited by Awesomo.2000; 03-27-2009 at 04:34 AM.. Reason: fix photos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 04:28 AM

1,519 posts, read 2,676,650 times
Nice pictures! I especially like the light in the first one.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:17 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,556,285 times
I'm curious as to what make of camera you're using. Are you using any photo enhancement programs?

Old 03-27-2009, 07:54 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,936,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COPANUT View Post
I'm curious as to what make of camera you're using. Are you using any photo enhancement programs?
I take my photos with a nikon coolpix 5700. I take them in raw. Most cameras take a photo in jpeg. Raw is much higher resolution. The files are huge, and they eat up your memory card very quick, so when I go to New York I will need to buy more since I plan on coming home with around 200 some photos on that trip.

I really don't use any photo enhancing software. I use Picassa, a free program from Google. At most I will adjust the tuning, and crop it. Which you can do on microsoft's image program that comes with your computer.

I don't like to alter photographs on photoshop. I tried doing pictures on my dad's old Pentex from the early 70s on film. It is too much work. I just do digital with high resolution settings.

I plan on getting a better camera in a year when I pay of my debts, and I will keep practacing every month. You only get better with practice.

//www.city-data.com/forum/phila...21-2009-a.html

^there is my Philly thread that I got last weekend. These are stored on my free imageshack account, so I bet they may end up using their bandwith soon.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:57 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,777,857 times
What a miserable, depressing city! No wonder no one wants to live there. And people park in the street and have no yards? I also don't see a Walmart or Home Depot. How inconvenient! Why do people live in the city when they can live in Wexford or Cranberry?

j/k great pics.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:15 AM

91 posts, read 139,193 times
[quote=Awesomo.2000;8064085]Here are a few photos that I took of Pburgh since last Feburary. Now that the spring is here I finally have this new ambition to go out a get more photos. I was being real lazy for a while in Pittsburgh. I got Columbus and Johnstown in the winter, and Philly last weekend. I got to get many more Pittsburgh neighborhoods and suburbs.

I plan on having a full comprehensive collection of every Pittsburgh neighborhood soon, and I will update them in the Pittsburgh pics every so often. I will only make a thread like a couple times a year. If I dont get banned.]

It would be crazy for anyone to ban you for showing wonderful pictures! Thank you so much for those, they are terrific.
As much as I love Pittsburgh (Did you see the Pitt game yesterday? Yea, we're in the Elite 8 now! Sorry, soooo off topic.) and will probably always live here, I still think it looks better in pictures than it does in person.
Maybe it's because I've been doing so much traveling around and seeing all these new fancy-schmancy places popping up.Go Pitt!

Old 03-27-2009, 09:23 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,535,732 times
I'm a huge fan of RAW photos. jpeg and other file formats use compression and that throws away some of the data. Yikes!

These are some great shots. One can almost not go wrong just shooting pics around the city.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:28 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,095,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
I also don't see a Walmart or Home Depot. How inconvenient!
There is a home depot in Pittsburgh, its in East Liberty. There is also going to be a Target in Pittsburgh.

Nothing wrong with Home depot and Wal-mart. Although, Target has done a better job at integrating itself in a city environment. Having these stores local means you don't have to go to the suburbs to shop.

Anyhow, it would be nice to have a set of photos of both the bad and good of Pittsburgh. The photos never give a balanced view of Pittsburgh.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:50 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,805,207 times
Awesome-O!

Old 03-27-2009, 05:03 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,556,285 times
Great photos, there is both good and bad in any city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh