Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 11:14 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,849,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I am afraid that you did not read the link, which was written by someone with as far left political views as one can get.
No, I didn't. It is easy to draw such conclusions by simply looking at threads and quality of posts here at C-D itself. I don't need an article to tell me what I already observe, in abundance. Oh, and I'm sure the camera used to take the picture was also very liberal.

Quote:
When one is such an extremist, their "opinion" matters little, as it will be song and verse leftist propaganda with little introspection or thought. The only variance, as the article exemplifies, is the manner of delivery of the pre-processed propaganda.
Two people holding opposite extremist views will almost never agree. The least one could do is not to focus on the intent of the article, but the message it contains. Since you have read it, what points did you disagree with? I will even give you a starting point to consider. The author makes this point:
1- Fairness and harm are better values -- because they can be universalized

Do you agree/disagree? Explain your position.

Quote:
Love or hate Michael Savage, he is not a reflex republican and has been an ardent critic of Bush as well. He is far from a nazi and is very quick to meter out a tongue lashing to ant-semites, thus his conflict with most liberals, who are generally very anti-semitic.
Nazis didn't limit their atrocities to Jews only (I'm assuming your reference to anti-semitism is about how Jews were treated). Hitler hated liberals and liberalism with a fervor. Although it hasn't been "advertised" much, and certainly not to be seen in mainstream media (much less the right wingers), Jews were about half of the millions who had to deal with the atrocities.

When you label a group in a derogatory way, the way Savage did, it speaks more of his mental state. Fortunately, he doesn't have the stature to do anything but scream out loud to those who march to his orders, or just listen to him in awe.

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 06-11-2010 at 11:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 11:55 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,550,609 times
Both sides are full of Bovine Scat.

As they go around and around in circles in perpetual partisan warfare the globalist machine that threatens us all slowly and methodically builds an irresistible momentum.

Only moderates understand this.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:29 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,054,854 times
The Republican Party has become a party of extremism. There simply is no tolerance for other points of view.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:46 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,073,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
The Republican Party has become a party of extremism. There simply is no tolerance for other points of view.
There's no tolerance for WRONG points of view.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:55 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,971,381 times
YAY! Couldn't have said it better myself. No wonder you have a lot of rep points. One more for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Aside from the OPs question, this quote is at the crux of what is wrong with Liberalism. (I was referring to Hawkeye 2009, but the quote didn't transfer)

Any thinking, moral person might have felt that labor unions were just and necessary when they were first implemented. Same goes for women's rights. Who could argue that females needed to be protected from inequality? How about welfare for the poor and helpless among us? How about child labor laws?

The problem with them is they should all have had a shelf life. They should have expired. Instead, the labor unions have ruined the industries they work for, welfare programs have run amok, a kid can't get an after school job, and children are being raised in fatherless homes with absent mothers.

The difference between libs and conservatives is that conservatives recognize this and libs don't.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:58 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,506,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
That didn't take long.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:09 AM

632 posts, read 1,518,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The Republican party I grew up with and was a part of weren't right-fighters...those who fight to the end for their OPINION, ignoring what is actually best for them and their neighbors personally. They were pragmatic.

They also genuinely believed that we are judged by how we treat the least among us (if you are Republican, you've seen this in the bible.) That, too, is gone. But then I grew up in the 60's-70's. Anyone remember the fair, caring, compromising Republican party I lost?

Old 06-12-2010, 07:15 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,856,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyolady View Post
The Republican party I grew up with and was a part of weren't right-fighters...those who fight to the end for their OPINION, ignoring what is actually best for them and their neighbors personally. They were pragmatic.

They also genuinely believed that we are judged by how we treat the least among us (if you are Republican, you've seen this in the bible.) That, too, is gone. But then I grew up in the 60's-70's. Anyone remember the fair, caring, compromising Republican party I lost?
I see many caring republicans. I use to attend a rally that had McCain and Obama supporters before and even at tea parties now. There was always this homeless person there. Who do you think bought that guy a meal daily and who do you think would walk past him and not offer him a penny?

What arrogance of thinking that someone else should get to decide what is best for someone else.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:40 AM

632 posts, read 1,518,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
What arrogance of thinking that someone else should get to decide what is best for someone else.
Huh? I'm assuming you aren't responding to my post. Exactly where did I insinuate this?

Old 06-12-2010, 07:56 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,856,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyolady View Post
Huh? I'm assuming you aren't responding to my post. Exactly where did I insinuate this?
It was in general
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies