Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 10:42 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times

Advertisements

At least now everyone can see his true reason for going to the gulf.....to golf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 11:07 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
He's been to the Gulf three times as your link says, this time will be four.
So Obama has been to the Gulf three times (about to be four) and the well is STILL spewing???? What is Obama doing on his trips to the Gulf other than wasting tax payer dollars? Nothing is getting accomplished.

Obama does realize that Air Force One doesn't offer frequent flyer miles, right?

Old 06-14-2010, 11:22 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Barack Obama told The Politico this morning that the Gulf oil spill was like 9-11 (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/06/obama-gulf-oil-spill-echoes-9-11/ - broken link).
Then he went golfing for 4 hours.

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/06/obama-tells-politico-the-oil-spill-is-like-9-11-then-goes-golfing-for-4-hours/ - broken link)

Obama golfs for four hours in sweltering heat - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Yeah hes real worried. Hes real mad and he means business just wait till after his golf game because that seems to be a big priority to him since he does it so much
Other sights Obama plans to assess damage;

Tramark Golf Club - Gulfport, MS

Magnolia Grove Golf Club | Crossings Golf Course

Pensacola Country Club | Pensacola Golf Course

Lets see, he can see the gulf from these locals. (Ah, justification to the liberal mind) A man fore the people.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:32 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,761 times
Quote:
Once again this is about Obama and Obama telling us that this is comparable to 9-11 and he goes and plays golf.

Do you really think that shows strong leadership? Or that he even cares?

Perception is reality Obama would do good to learn that.

I give you an A for effort though you are trying to make this seem acceptable.

Change you can believe in =)
You're wasting your time with probama supporters. These are the same folks that work twice as hard to "GET OUT" of doing something rather than simply doing it. (Like a pack of rats, they trample one another to get to the top of a sinking ship, and then declare captain by denouncing everything the previous captain did.)

Old 06-14-2010, 03:32 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,564 times
I agree with the posters who said this is in no way anything like 9/11. To even equate them is ludicrous to me.

9/11 was and still is an unbelievable horror. What's going on in the Gulf along with the lives lost is terrible. Two different things.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:33 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Is this a spoof? The president went to the gulf----No the president went to PLAY GOLF.

[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-14-2010 at 07:08 PM..

Old 06-14-2010, 04:51 PM

137 posts, read 170,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Perhaps i'm a bit hardened by certain life events, but I disagree with the President. The oil spill ranks nowhere near the impact that 9/11 had on this country in terms of psyche, in my opinion. Will some people harbor resentment and demand accountability and caution in the future? Sure. But on the same level as 9/11? Not even close.

My translation: The President "hopes" that it remains in the American psyche like 9/11 so that he can pass certain climate/energy legislation. Never underestimate the words of a politician. For someone so encumbered with political positioning as Barack Obama is ("never waste a good crisis"), its our duty as American's to view his statements with skepticism.
True.

We don't see people blowing up BP stations (I see plenty of them with customers still) or starting protests in front of them.

Americans are far too addicted to gasoline to actually do anything about it without being forced by the government.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:56 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
It does not matter how many times he has been the the gulf because this idiot can go there 100 times and come back to Washington without making a sound decision.

His going to the Gulf is just a photo op as clearly he has better things to do like playing golf.

We all know he has screwed this up and traveling back and forth to the Gulf means nothing if you are going to do NOTHING and sit on your hands.

Everyday this nutcase does something to prove those of us who knew he could not handle this job right.

Funny however i do not rembember Rudy or any one else after 9/11 palying golf do any of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not everyone is like us, and knew he would not be able to handle this job, some still think that he is! Handling this job, "we know better"

Old 06-14-2010, 07:01 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,701 times
Quote:
Barack Obama told The Politico this morning that the Gulf oil spill was like 9-11 (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/06/obama-gulf-oil-spill-echoes-9-11/ - broken link).

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/06/obama-tells-politico-the-oil-spill-is-like-9-11-then-goes-golfing-for-4-hours/ - broken link)

Yeah hes real worried. Hes real mad and he means business just wait till after his golf game because that seems to be a big priority to him since he does it so much
Maybe 4 hours on a golf course is all it takes to make him mad enough to start KICKING some ASS!
But, if he plays golf anything like he throws a baseball......WATCH OUT....he'll probably be pretty mad!
I dunno.
Maybe he won't be.....if his trusty golf course teleprompter told him....the HIGHEST SCORE WINS, IN GOLF!

Old 06-14-2010, 07:19 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:

Why, oh why, after spending his days doing a terrible job at handling the spill, Iran, North Korea, Israel, the economy and jobs.... why would he go off to do another thing he is terrible at - golfing???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies