Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 12:53 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised he didn't say "Bush would have been impeached 911 times over!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 01:05 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Waaaah, the Republicans are such victims.
what an Ironic post. Liberalism =victim politics.
is that what you said during Katrina?

Old 06-17-2010, 01:05 PM

1,935 posts, read 1,826,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Why would anyone listen to what Goulio has to say?
Exactly! These bitter losing people need to go sit in a corner and SU!

Old 06-17-2010, 01:14 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I'm surprised he didn't say "Bush would have been impeached 911 times over!"
or... "Bush would have been impeached 911 times over while standing under a portrait of Ronald Reagan."

Old 06-17-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Did it ever occur to any of you that nobody knows how to deal with this massive spill?

Obama makes a speech, people say shut up, he doesn't make a speech, and everybody says make a speech, dammit. He pushes BP to put 20 billion in escrow, people say he's extorting money. People say stop regulating business, then when it blows up in their faces, they say, where are the regulations? Jesus, make up your minds.

What do you guys expect him to do, get a bunch of sponges and throw them into the gulf? The feds have been there since day one, folks, and they have neither the equipment, nor the know-how to deal with this.

Here’s the government response timeline:

http://www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com/posted/2931/updated_timeline_June_10.594723.pdf

The FACT is that the regulators allowed BP to drill-baby-drill without safety measures that could have prevented this. People point out the Obama gave them a safety award in 2009, when this well has been around for a LOT longer than that. You want to hold Obama culpable for accepting 77K from BP employees? What about the atmosphere of glad handing, back-patting, and no problem, fill out your own inspection reports, buddy, that went on at the MMS for a long time before 2009.

Oil Industry Contributions to the House Energy and Commerce Committee (interesting to note, Rep. Barton received over 100K)

Oil Industry Political Contributions To Politicians On House Energy And Commerce Committee Panel (LIST)

You want to blame someone for this mess? Serve it up to Obama, and invite Bush, Cheney, and the rest along with it, and give 'em all a great big spoonful of FUBAR.

The sad fact is, the regulatory agencies, homeland security, EPA and the rest of them, as well as the oil industry itself, do not have the equipment and know-how to deal with this disaster, and they should have, a long time before Obama took office.

As for Rudy Guiliani, he flushed his credibility down the toilet as far as I'm concerned, when he used 9/11 as a campaign tool.

I’m not going thru this point by point but…

First question? Dealing with the spill? No one may know exactly how to deal with the entire thing but sitting back and doing nothing is not acceptable. What we do know is that there are number of things that CAN be done that ARE NOT being done. Obama doesn’t have to waive a magic wand here. He just needs to employ the techniques that are available but are not being used…. 60 odd days into the ordeal…

Speech or lack of speech was not the issue. It was what he said. 360 odd words on “this is bad” 360 odd words on “I’m doing stuff” and 1200 words on “why we need Cap and Trade”

You tell me what is wrong with that picture?

What I expected him to do is get command and control on about day 5 or 6.

I expected him to be dictating to BP things like installation of a flow meter to understand the problem.

I expected him to suspend the Jones act and accept the offered international help that has been offered. Spills like this have happened in the past and others around the world have cleaned them up. We have not leveraged any of that experience.

I expected him to start a conversation with the experts in the field related to stopping the flow. That has not happened. He has held conversations with some academics but none of the people who do this for a living.

I expected him to cut the red tape that is holding back literally dozens of viable options for remediation.

None of what I expected to see in the first 10 days of this have been done.

What has been done is lawyers have been dispatched. Speeches have been given and finger pointing has been incessant.

We hear things like BP will pay. Well great. WE KNOW they will pay and they should!

We hear things like “commission”… Anybody think a commission is worth anything? Anyone believe the 9/11 commission wasn’t a whitewash? How about the JFK Commission? Anybody believe that? How about any one of the dozen or so commissions to fix Social Security. That been fixed yet?

Yet the liberals thing Barak is doing a fanfreakingtastic job. snort

Old 06-17-2010, 01:22 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
You can at least learn how to spell the name of your President correctly if you plan on discussing whether or not he is competent. Embarrassing.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:23 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I’m not going thru this point by point but…

First question? Dealing with the spill? No one may know exactly how to deal with the entire thing but sitting back and doing nothing is not acceptable. What we do know is that there are number of things that CAN be done that ARE NOT being done. Obama doesn’t have to waive a magic wand here. He just needs to employ the techniques that are available but are not being used…. 60 odd days into the ordeal…

Speech or lack of speech was not the issue. It was what he said. 360 odd words on “this is bad” 360 odd words on “I’m doing stuff” and 1200 words on “why we need Cap and Trade”

You tell me what is wrong with that picture?

What I expected him to do is get command and control on about day 5 or 6.

I expected him to be dictating to BP things like installation of a flow meter to understand the problem.

I expected him to suspend the Jones act and accept the offered international help that has been offered. Spills like this have happened in the past and others around the world have cleaned them up. We have not leveraged any of that experience.

I expected him to start a conversation with the experts in the field related to stopping the flow. That has not happened. He has held conversations with some academics but none of the people who do this for a living.

I expected him to cut the red tape that is holding back literally dozens of viable options for remediation.

None of what I expected to see in the first 10 days of this have been done.

What has been done is lawyers have been dispatched. Speeches have been given and finger pointing has been incessant.

We hear things like BP will pay. Well great. WE KNOW they will pay and they should!

We hear things like “commission”… Anybody think a commission is worth anything? Anyone believe the 9/11 commission wasn’t a whitewash? How about the JFK Commission? Anybody believe that? How about any one of the dozen or so commissions to fix Social Security. That been fixed yet?

Yet the liberals thing Barak is doing a fanfreakingtastic job. snort
Did you read the fed response? Or skip over it? Just asking.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Did you read the fed response? Or skip over it? Just asking.
i have read, re-read and all there is is blah blah blah.

the federal response also suggests they listened to "experts" when putting the safty plan in place.

those experts, to a man.... including experts from Berkely could not distance fast enough.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You can at least learn how to spell the name of your President correctly if you plan on discussing whether or not he is competent. Embarrassing.
if he would do something to earn some respect I might.

blah

Old 06-17-2010, 01:33 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
It just shows your ignorance and lack of care for actually investigating and learning about the things you are discussing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies