Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 07:47 AM

757 posts, read 803,955 times

Advertisements

I can't help but notice you provided no source for your claims of increased taxes? The larger point here is that Republicans are going to hang themselves by continuing to defend the actions of large corporations. Especially at a time when American distrust and disgust with the banks and corporations like BP are at an all time high. Good luck in November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That lie again.. I guess it depends on your definition of "taxes".. What do you call all of these?

Math quiz.. If you cut $320B in taxes, and then raise them another $670B, is there a cut?

Thats because up until recently, Obama has been calling these things like fees, mandates, etc.. It wasnt till recently that Obama HIMSELF is now calling these a tax hike.. Maybe I'll email the list to the Cato Institute..
The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : Obama Admin. Argues in Court That Individual Mandate Is a Tax
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 07:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,204,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
I can't help but notice you provided no source for your claims of increased taxes?
What ones of those dont exist? If your going to call something wrong, be prepared to defend why you think its wrong. Blanket claims of "it just cant be right".. doesnt count for much around here..
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
The larger point here is that Republicans are going to hang themselves by continuing to defend the actions of large corporations. Especially at a time when American distrust and disgust with the banks and corporations like BP are at an all time high. Good luck in November.
lets see who's disgusted more.. those who are upset with the GOP for supporting businesses which employ americans, help the economy, pay taxes, pretty much substain your standards of living, or those who do nothing but criticize, oppose, "shakedown", and legislate those same companies into not being able to hire more, to decrease the unemployment and help americans..

Given the choice, I pick helping americans.. But if you want to continue to harm americans.. thats your choice..

Old 06-19-2010, 11:51 AM

757 posts, read 803,955 times
Unless you provide a source, your claims are nothing but that. Most Americans are paying less federal taxes than they have in 50 years. Now as far as future taxes those have yet to materialize and are no more factual than anything else you've had to say. I also never used the words " it just can't be right". Those are your words not mine. I guess we should consider the source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What ones of those dont exist? If your going to call something wrong, be prepared to defend why you think its wrong. Blanket claims of "it just cant be right".. doesnt count for much around here..

lets see who's disgusted more.. those who are upset with the GOP for supporting businesses which employ americans, help the economy, pay taxes, pretty much substain your standards of living, or those who do nothing but criticize, oppose, "shakedown", and legislate those same companies into not being able to hire more, to decrease the unemployment and help americans..

Given the choice, I pick helping americans.. But if you want to continue to harm americans.. thats your choice..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies