Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who deserves more blame for the BP oil spill?
BP CEO Tony Hayward 50 76.92%
President Barack Obama 10 15.38%
Not sure 5 7.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 02:59 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I watched the senate hearings. Did you?
I thought that I would just wait until the investigation that started more than a month after the explosion hit. Maybe the Democrat dominated Senate is more logical to listen to but not for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 07:08 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Do you want the death penalty ?
It's not what I want, it's what the families of those killed needlessly want.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:16 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Look,

Liberals have forced drillers to do business in the riskiest areas.

If Progressives would allow more drilling to be done ONSHORE, like in Anwar Alaska, this mess never would have happened.

Blame tree huggers for this crap.

By the way, these tree huggers talk the talk but none of them give up their cars. Hypocrites.
Say WHAT?????

If tree huggers really had OUR way, there wouldn't be any deep sea drilling period.
Sarah Palin, Johm Mc Same
Quote:
DRILL, BABY DRILL
We rest our case, BP is to blame, get it?
Now becuase of REPUBLICANS, virtually the entire gulf is poisoned with black stuff, but you republicans can still buy your tillapia from CHINA! No more gulf shrimp for you cake eaters.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
The "blame" should go to the Republican administrations that reduced government oversight and regulation on the energy industries since Ronnie Raygun started our country on the road to environmental and financial ruin.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:33 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Tony Hayward is the CEO of BP, but judging by some of the comments I've heard, my impression is that there are some Americans who blame President Obama more than they blame Tony Hayward.
How can 0bama be assigned the blame for the exploding rig?

Old 06-21-2010, 09:41 AM

18 posts, read 16,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Tony Hayward is the CEO of BP, but judging by some of the comments I've heard, my impression is that there are some Americans who blame President Obama more than they blame Tony Hayward.
Actually Clinton when he signed the bill that limits BP's liablity to $78M but allowed the feds to force BP to drill in 5,000' of water, and whoever, was in the White House when the feds forced BP to drill in 5,000' of water. I don't have that exact info, though.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
It's not what I want, it's what the families of those killed needlessly want.
That is a silly thing to "say". Law is law, and we don't let victims write the law ex-post-facto.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The "blame" should go to the Republican administrations that reduced government oversight and regulation on the energy industries since Ronnie Raygun started our country on the road to environmental and financial ruin.
Actually, that bill was signed by Bill Clinton, and I seem to recall him being a Democrat.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:02 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
Bill Clinton learned to never cross the economic powers that be. He was a political coward that sold out Democratic ideals for personal aggrandizement and financial gain. He defines DINO. I am beginning to think President Obama, at least for his first term, is doing the same not out of fear but on purpose as part of his reelection process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies