Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who deserves more blame for the BP oil spill?
BP CEO Tony Hayward 50 76.92%
President Barack Obama 10 15.38%
Not sure 5 7.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 07:34 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times

Advertisements

Tony Hayward is the CEO of BP, but judging by some of the comments I've heard, my impression is that there are some Americans who blame President Obama more than they blame Tony Hayward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 07:38 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
If you claim Obama is, please list WHY. I'd love to see the logic behind that one.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:45 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
how obama "god" that he is, could have anything to do with this spill is only based on partisan wishful thinking.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:46 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,142,829 times
These big crybabies would blame Obama if they ran out of tissue in the mens room...lol They need to give it a break,,,

Old 06-19-2010, 07:57 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,341 times
I don't like Obama but I don't blame him for this mess, I blame BP. I do wish Obama would cut the red tape for the gulf states to do that they need to clean up but I don't blame him for the spill at all.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:00 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
BP is responsible for the spill. The president is responsible for the United States and coordinating the cleanup. How long did it take for him to speak to the BP CEO? GWB would've had the guy on the phone in less than 24 hours ripping him a new one.

I know you libs like this guy, but he has no managerial experience, he surrounds himself with people with no managerial experience, and he is terrible in a crises. Reagan, Clinton and both Bushes had White House Chief's of Staff who had real world, practical experience and knew how to run things. Obama has Rahm Emanuel.

Look at the healthcare bill. After Scott Brown was elected, Obama was ready to throw his hands up and walk away. It was Pelosi's fierce persistence that pushed the healthcare bill through, not Obama.

This president is way out of his depth. Obama belongs firmly on the list of those responsible for this mess, and only his most ardent apologists could possibly think otherwise.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:44 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,722 times
Nobody will touch this one. Sure they whine about Obama, but to actually put a line in the sand saying he is the one most responsible would be a reflection on their own intellectual prowess or lack thereof.

Most of them at some level get this.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:48 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Nobody will touch this one. Sure they whine about Obama, but to actually put a line in the sand saying he is the one most responsible would be a reflection on their own intellectual prowess or lack thereof.

Most of them at some level get this.
I agree. They'll blame Obama, but they don't have any rational explanations as to why he should considered more to blame than Tony Hayward. It's more evidence that they'll blame Obama for anything and everything, no matter how ridiculous they sound.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:57 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
BP's problem but in a disaster in our federal land that is Obama's responsibility.

They both failed us.

Obamas is going to get all of the blame because he has on several occasions turned away help that was offered that would have been a different result had he not make such stupid decisions.

This is in our federal waters, Obamas responsibility.

Hope we do not have another disaster and Obama and his followers wait 60 days to get anything started.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:59 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
BP is responsible for the spill. The president is responsible for the United States and coordinating the cleanup. How long did it take for him to speak to the BP CEO? GWB would've had the guy on the phone in less than 24 hours ripping him a new one.

I know you libs like this guy, but he has no managerial experience, he surrounds himself with people with no managerial experience, and he is terrible in a crises. Reagan, Clinton and both Bushes had White House Chief's of Staff who had real world, practical experience and knew how to run things. Obama has Rahm Emanuel.

Look at the healthcare bill. After Scott Brown was elected, Obama was ready to throw his hands up and walk away. It was Pelosi's fierce persistence that pushed the healthcare bill through, not Obama.

This president is way out of his depth. Obama belongs firmly on the list of those responsible for this mess, and only his most ardent apologists could possibly think otherwise.

Perfecto!

The perfect answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies