Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If we caught OBL would the level of terrorism change?
Terrorism would begin to decrease 1 5.00%
Terrorism would increase 2 10.00%
The levels would remain the same 13 65.00%
Hard to say or don't know 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 01:04 PM

986 posts, read 2,808,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
I think that because Bush started the war on terror because of 9/11. Once the culprit of this is taken out, then he logically no longer has a reason to continue the war on terror.

Of course, that's only in theory. Because he invaded Iraq for no apparent reason (Iraq had nothing to do with Al Qaeda initially), he inadvertently produced 100 more "Osama Bin Ladens". Whoops!

Aqualung has it right. Our foreign policy pisses other countries else enough to make them want to hurt or undermine us.
You think Bush "started" the war on terror??? The war on terror was happening long before 9/11. 9/11 just woke us up. Other countries do not want to "hurt" us. Radical Islam and the countries that harbor them want to "KILL" us!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 01:11 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,233,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
You think Bush "started" the war on terror??? The war on terror was happening long before 9/11. 9/11 just woke us up. Other countries do not want to "hurt" us. Radical Islam and the countries that harbor them want to "KILL" us!!!
*Sigh*

Yes, bush started it.

And I meant us as a collective country, not just individuals.

I'm not even going to continue reading/posting on this thread because the details and opinions can be argued and rehashed to death, and I don't have the energy for this.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:13 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,747,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
As long as we continue our interventionist foreign policy, there will be people who want to hurt us. The solution you would choose shows the type of person you are. Would you rather try to fix the root of the problem? Or would you rather continue killing your enemies?
What a hoot! You actually think those enemies want to sit down with us to discuss the issues and come to rid the problem from the root??? LOL They would only do so if they could spike our drinks with arsenic or something. Don't fool yourself or be so nieve. Newsflash: These people want YOU dead every bit as much as they want ME dead. They don't care that you have a liberal view and want to shake hands and make nice. Nope. They want us both dead just the same because we are Americans. That's the bottom line. So... I would rather stand with a very large gun to protect what's mine and try to rid the world of the ol' evil-doers. You have to STAND UP to evil, not sit down and eat dinner with it.

And I guarantee you that even if we sat on our hands tomorrow and never did anything else again in the world people would still want to harm us. They think we live the wrong way. Intervention has nothing to do with it. Who we are has everything to do with it.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:29 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,244 times
They want us both dead just the same because we are Americans. That's the bottom line.

Right. Just because they are all EvilDoers who hate us for the Freedoms we possess. We (meaning our government) has never meddled in their affairs, causing suffering and death in the region for decades to advance our own selfish interests. Why, that would be unAmerican!

Old 06-20-2007, 01:30 PM

626 posts, read 993,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
What a hoot! You actually think those enemies want to sit down with us to discuss the issues and come to rid the problem from the root??? LOL They would only do so if they could spike our drinks with arsenic or something. Don't fool yourself or be so nieve. Newsflash: These people want YOU dead every bit as much as they want ME dead. They don't care that you have a liberal view and want to shake hands and make nice. Nope. They want us both dead just the same because we are Americans. That's the bottom line. So... I would rather stand with a very large gun to protect what's mine and try to rid the world of the ol' evil-doers. You have to STAND UP to evil, not sit down and eat dinner with it.
There's nothing to discuss, really. We know the path we should take. If we stopped with our interventionist foreign policy, today, it would be 1-2 generations before we're on good terms with the Middle East, again. We have spent 60+ years manipulating their governments and causing all sorts of misery.

The motivations of terrorists can be explained with psychology. They are not insane. They have motivations, whether rational or irrational, just like every other human being on this planet. The question is, do we continue to push, creating more terrorists, or do we finally stop the (our) behavior that is causing this? If we ever do stop, it won't be easy. Like I said, it'll be decades before relations could be on what is considered "good terms".

Quote:
And I guarantee you that even if we sat on our hands tomorrow and never did anything else again in the world people would still want to harm us. They think we live the wrong way. Intervention has nothing to do with it. Who we are has everything to do with it.
It sure makes you feel good inside to believe that lie (propaganda), doesn't it? See above.

Didn't Jesus say "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye"? It's amusing, but also disheartening, how Christians are often the biggest supporters in this "War on Terror", but they ignore a concept so important from their most sacred book.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:59 PM

415 posts, read 705,596 times
If he was captured, he should be shot on the spot. Of course, make sure that it's really him first.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:46 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,997,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
The ACLU would do everything in their power to make sure he as comfortable as possible.

You would see liberal youth wearing "free Osama" t-shirts.

Amnesty international would try to get him a suite in the Ritz or Four seasons while he waited for his unfair trial.

Lefty talking heads would be talking about the irony and unfairness of Bin laden being incarcerated while the true threat remains in the whitehouse.

Soros,Turner,Fonda,Dixie chicks,Rosie,Glover, and other would hold Concerts,benefits and telethons for him.
Imagine if the Dixie Chicks were still alive today? What a crazy world it would be.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:24 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,735,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
Imagine if the Dixie Chicks were still alive today? What a crazy world it would be.

Digging up this old thread from the grave to mention the Dixie Chicks is just downright funny.

Salute!

Old 07-04-2013, 05:25 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,552,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
The ACLU would do everything in their power to make sure he as comfortable as possible.

You would see liberal youth wearing "free Osama" t-shirts.

Amnesty international would try to get him a suite in the Ritz or Four seasons while he waited for his unfair trial.

Lefty talking heads would be talking about the irony and unfairness of Bin laden being incarcerated while the true threat remains in the whitehouse.

Soros,Turner,Fonda,Dixie chicks,Rosie,Glover, and other would hold Concerts,benefits and telethons for him.
You sure put a lot of effort into writing nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies