Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2010, 03:37 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times

Advertisements

Is the connection between the Obama's and Charles Ogletree (Harvard Law Professor & former Editor of the Black Panther's publication "The Real News"), the reason the DOJ dropped the case?

Hmmmmmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 03:48 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Based on the first claim of the OP:

"There is some new footage from History Channel".

Then these factors:
Consistency and quality of the audio, does not match the video.

Has or did he say that or something like it, Most likely so, but maybe no.
But based on that video, and the above claim, it falls in the same category of the faked pimp video.
A smidgen of truth, with a whole lot of editing
Of course, you have no proof of your assertions. Tell us why you find the posting of this video, with the clearly racist black panther, so disturbing?

Old 07-07-2010, 04:06 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,768 times
With regards to my History Channel comment in the first post of this thread:

Do I know the source of the video? No

Do I know if its actual footage from the History Channel? No. I posted it just before I went out the door this morning after a rough night sleeping. I thought I saw what looked to be an History Channel icon on portions of the video. If this wasnt aired on there, I apologize.

Does it matter where the video was from? No. Those are the actual words coming out of the mans mouth. This is the group, are oh so superb Justice Dept refused to prosecute, even with according to one man, the case was an open/shut case.

EDIT: Too late to remove the History Channel remark. Since its blurred out, it looks like it could be National Geographic but its really hard to tell. Either way, it doesnt really matter.

[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-07-2010 at 06:07 PM..

Old 07-07-2010, 05:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Default Did our DOJ just free this man without charge?

Hey, he did his trick at the Philadelphia polling place and got by with it although the voting section of the DOJ had him dead to rights. If this man could be freed, as he was, there is something wrong with our Department of Justice. I guess we need to call them the Department of Social Justice.

YouTube - Meet The Black Panther Leader Who Was Let Go By Obama and Holder

Old 07-07-2010, 05:06 PM

640 posts, read 388,358 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/14930211-post1.html

Old 07-07-2010, 05:11 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
Damn, nobody answered that one either. I guess some have never seen either of them. Oh well, he is going to get in bad trouble courtesy of Holder and his people.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:06 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
I think the guy has a right to say what he wants, and being a racist is still not illegal in the land of the increasingly unfree. My problem is if it was a white guy saying the same type thing he would have most likely been chraged with a crime, and villified by the media, we have a double standard in play here.
I'd call what he said hate speech whatever the skin color.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:19 PM

15 posts, read 9,908 times
Those black people in the tape did not even show up in court. They easily could have gotten a default judgement, but Holder decided not to go forward.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:23 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,933,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Sue for what? Quitting his job

Why do you think charges were dropped when there was clearly voter intimidation?

Yeah hes just a big ole liar so you can state why the charges were dropped?

Every single citizen needs to care if there is that type of corruption in our dept of justice.
He quit because under Holder/Obama it is all politics, all the time. Holder should be fired and Obama should start acting like a President, not a petty politician out to ruin our country.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:25 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,933,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Apparently in the eyes of the law there is no evidence of voter intimidation. Again
I didn't call him a liar, all I said was what he is saying is simply his opinion....
In the eyes of Holder and Obama you mean. Geez, I wonder why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies