Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 01:46 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times

Advertisements

Sen. Lindsey Graham, who is frequently at odds with conservative activists in his own
state, predicts the Tea Party movement will eventually "die out" despite the political energy
it's generating during this midterm election year.

In an interview with the New York Times Magazine posted online Thursday, the South
Carolina Republican lamented the state of his party and doubted whether the Tea Party
movement will survive.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Graham: Tea Party ‘unsustainable’ « - Blogs from CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 01:49 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,656 times
Once Conservatives get back into power,i can see it fading quite a bit.
At that point Tea Party folks should focus on making sure conservatives follow thru..
And dont get too comfortable.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:51 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,305,424 times
I thought the Tea Party was just a bunch of angry conservatives that only wanted Republicans back in power. That's pretty much all I've gathered from them, hate Obama and Democrats is about the only thing they aren't hypocritical on.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:57 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,656 times
My take was that they are sick of Government having too much power,spending too much...
Illegal immigration out of control.Many Tea-party folks are sick of both parties.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:58 PM

16 posts, read 8,363 times
I can't stand Graham. Him and McCain and a few others are all the same Democrats calling themselves Republicans.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:59 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post
I thought the Tea Party was just a bunch of angry conservatives that only wanted Republicans back in power. That's pretty much all I've gathered from them, hate Obama and Democrats is about the only thing they aren't hypocritical on.
You gathered wrong. According to a gallup poll 51% of tea party members are independents and democrats

My husband and I attend a weekly one and we are both still registered democrats. ( havent changed to independent yet) We arent the only ones that attends weekly my gay buddy attends weekly hes a former democrat also. We met during the election

Old 07-01-2010, 02:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHatedOne View Post
I can't stand Graham. Him and McCain and a few others are all the same Democrats calling themselves Republicans.
Both Juan McCain and Lindsay Graham are RINOs and they don't really stand for conservativism because they are both progressives which is the reason that they have tried so hard to go with Democrat progressives.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:03 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
I love it when the right wing eats their own.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:08 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,305,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
You gathered wrong. According to a gallup poll 51% of tea party members are independents and democrats

My husband and I attend a weekly one and we are both still registered democrats. ( havent changed to independent yet) We arent the only ones that attends weekly my gay buddy attends weekly hes a former democrat also. We met during the election
But only about 60% of people are affiliated with a party, depending on the state. So most of that would have to be independents, and maybe 5% or so are Democrats.

As for the whole smaller government and decreased spending... where was the Tea Party about five years ago when we had the record deficits, outrageous war spending, and later on the corporate "too big to fail" bailouts. The Tea Party came a few years too late to not be seen as hypocritical and Dem hating.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:10 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I love it when the right wing eats their own.
Because everyone should be in agreement based solely on the D or R after a politician's name and not the words or actions of said politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies