Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 09:04 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,719,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
NASCAR is not a sport. there is nothing physical about it. The car does the work. But that same accord, horse racing isn't a sport-the horse does the work.
And in golf, the ball and club do all the work, in bowling the ball and pins do all the work, in bobsled, the sled does all the work...

So Liberals, not happy with just telling us how much sodium we need, the fuel economy our cars need, the type of insurance we that, have now moved on to what can be called a sport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 09:42 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound47 View Post
And in golf, the ball and club do all the work, in bowling the ball and pins do all the work, in bobsled, the sled does all the work...

So Liberals, not happy with just telling us how much sodium we need, the fuel economy our cars need, the type of insurance we that, have now moved on to what can be called a sport.
Yes, I would the same thing about those sports. Would you rather I had said, the only people who watch NASCAR are rednecks/hicks....See, I didn't think that was very tactful or conducive, so I left that part out.

Hey if you wanna die at the age of 67 of a massive heart attack from ingesting salt and fat every day, go ahead, but when my health insurance goes up to cover the cost of the unhealthy, then it becomes my problem too.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:58 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
Yes, I would the same thing about those sports. Would you rather I had said, the only people who watch NASCAR are rednecks/hicks....See, I didn't think that was very tactful or conducive, so I left that part out.

Hey if you wanna die at the age of 67 of a massive heart attack from ingesting salt and fat every day, go ahead, but when my health insurance goes up to cover the cost of the unhealthy, then it becomes my problem too.

You can say it but it does not make it true.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:00 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound47 View Post

God;I need to go out and get myself some trained golf clubs and make those millons it seems.Thanks i didn't know it was that easy.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:07 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
You can say it but it does not make it true.
Please. It's plenty true.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:09 PM

402 posts, read 853,222 times
Default So many things

Okay, there's so many things wrong with this argument. For one, Glenn Beck isn't a sports fan in general. Is he Xenophobic because he doesn't watch baseball? And for Conservatives in general, what about the fact that the majority of players in the NFL and NBA are minorities, and a large segment of the MLB is as well? Hockey is the only sport that is dominantly white, and even there half the guys don't even speak English because they are foreign born players. And I'm sure more Conservatives would start to follow the World Cup if the US started challenging for the title, as I'm sure Liberals would too. Was it hypocritical for Americans to rally behind the 1980 US Hockey team after they beat the Soviets? The fact is, most Americans (Liberals, Conservatives, Blacks, Whites) are not soccer fans. They simply choose to spend their spare time keeping up with something they find interesting. If you want to pour over the EPL and the World Cup fine, more power to you, but if someone else would rather follow baseball or keep up with the news, is there something wrong with that?

Old 07-02-2010, 10:10 PM

210 posts, read 173,130 times
im a conservative and love soccer, then again im from europe. it simply isnt popular in america, never has been. over there it is extremely popular, probably more so then say american football is here. xenophobic ? not. ppl just dont like it much here, and thats fine.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:42 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
I bet he starts crying. I was flipping through the channels two days ago during the 5 o clock hour, and I never watch Glenn Beck, but not 15 seconds into my viewing time, he starts crying. But he forced himself to do it. You could see him, his face straining. It was literally the most pathetic thing I've ever seen on tv.
Haha no kidding. Beck is a f'in lunatic, i can't believe people actually watch that propaganda spewing idiot. If you though paris hilton was a bad actor, just watch 2 minuets of the beck show

Old 07-02-2010, 11:12 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,656 times
???I thought this thread was about Soccer Hooligans from the title,a Beck Clip???

Old 07-03-2010, 06:32 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,553,113 times
Soccer is the ultimate libertarian sport. I don't understand why Glenn Beck doesn't appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies