Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 12:14 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
What is it when democrats say Bush destroyed our nation? Heck if you looked you'll find many democrats on this board that still say it to this day
In many ways, he did. There is no need for me to repeat his administrations failures, many of them both egregious in nature and their appalling lack of respect for human life and dignity. He set an incredibly dangerous future precedent for this democracy, one that may threaten its very existence someday. It includes preemptive war, torture, voter disenfranchisement, blatant deregulation, contempt for the environment, and financial recklessness and free for all spending habits, with most of the monies going to corporatist's and the military industrial complex. All of this has happened previously, but torture was not part of foreign policy, to say nothing of the disinformation that accompanied the invasion of Iraq and the other ways this adminsitration brought this country an ideological and bitterly partisan political legacy.

I can honestly look back on the Bush era and say that he did not do one thing that was good for the American people, yet there are millions that think he was a good President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 12:16 PM

174 posts, read 372,946 times
Anyone who goes around calling other people morons is not of sound mind. How could it possibly help anyone?

Old 07-05-2010, 12:19 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
In many ways, he did. There is no need for me to repeat his administrations failures, many of them both egregious in nature and their appalling lack of respect for human life and dignity. He set an incredibly dangerous future precedent for this democracy, one that may threaten its very existence someday. It includes preemptive war, torture, and voter disenfranchisement. All of them have happened previously, but torture was not part of foreign policy, to say nothing of the disinformation that accompanied the invasion of Iraq

I can honestly look back on the Bush era and say that he did not do one thing that was good for the American people, yet there are millions that think he was a good President.
Name the good things Obama has done and explain why they are good for the nation as a whole.

Explain the benefits of tax hikes, cap and trade, amnesty, increased regulations, activist judges (who won't deny that the Government can tell us what to eat) and card check.

How's IL doing under the public sector union controlled welfare state model?

Old 07-05-2010, 12:22 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Name the good things Obama has done and explain why they are good for the nation as a whole.

Explain the benefits of tax hikes, cap and trade, amnesty, increased regulations, activist judges (who won't deny that the Government can tell us what to eat) and card check.

How's IL doing under the public sector union controlled welfare state model?

It's not my job to educate you. I merely stated the rationale for people saying that Bush "destroyed" this country. In many ways, the amount of willful and purposeful (not accidental, but with deliberate, obvious intent) destruction that the Bush Admin. left behind is quite easy to see. Much like the ongoing oil spill, the Bush legacy will continue to worsen after his last day in office.

This is what Pres. Obama inherited, to say nothing of the political apparatus already in place that's sole purpose is to derail any progress towards repair.
(SEE: GOP + Filibuster, or, just GOP)

Thats the Bush era. The toxic gift that keeps on giving.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:29 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
NOOOOOO, those who don't vote are the morons, and especially when they they gripe about those who won and didn't help pick them.
I would say those who vote for either of the two major party candidates and expect anything to change for the better are the morons.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:27 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's not my job to educate you. I merely stated the rationale for people saying that Bush "destroyed" this country. In many ways, the amount of willful and purposeful (not accidental, but with deliberate, obvious intent) destruction that the Bush Admin. left behind is quite easy to see. Much like the ongoing oil spill, the Bush legacy will continue to worsen after his last day in office.

This is what Pres. Obama inherited, to say nothing of the political apparatus already in place that's sole purpose is to derail any progress towards repair.
(SEE: GOP + Filibuster, or, just GOP)

Thats the Bush era. The toxic gift that keeps on giving.
The reason you could not answer my questions is that those policies are NOT good for the country. To be honest, you'll (likely) be hurt with them yourself, as there aren't very many people who are helped by Obama's policies. Trial lawyers and union bosses, maybe... but not the rest of us.

Every time I ask someone to explain how and why Obama's policies are good for American, they always fail to answer. The reason is that Obama's policies are DISASTROUS for America, his supports very much included.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:48 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
The reason you could not answer my questions is that those policies are NOT good for the country. To be honest, you'll (likely) be hurt with them yourself, as there aren't very many people who are helped by Obama's policies. Trial lawyers and union bosses, maybe... but not the rest of us.

Every time I ask someone to explain how and why Obama's policies are good for American, they always fail to answer. The reason is that Obama's policies are DISASTROUS for America, his supports very much included.

Obama's policies are only good for the rich white americans.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:31 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,096 times
Default Who are the bigger morons - Obama voters or McCain voters?

Who are the bigger morons - Obama voters or McCain voters?

Definitely McCain voters.

Sure, Obama voters were duped, but McCain was openly admitting that he would be more of the same.

Those who voted for someone other than those two are the smallest morons.

Of course, this is assuming the status of 'moron' is only determined by a person's voting history in 2008 (i.e. this is a gross overgeneralization).

This whole thread is an ad hominem actually..

Old 07-05-2010, 02:36 PM

15,145 posts, read 14,329,825 times
President Obama is no moron. Inexperienced,yes, but he's getting plenty of on the job experience.
Ninty-Eight per cent of the adults in this country are decent, hardworking, honest Americans.It's the other two per cent that get all the publicity. But then we elect them.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:46 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,073 times
Very mature thread. Obviously it takes a great mind to come up with such a brilliant thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies