Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 12:30 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by conc1 View Post
A you should at least read about it, since it's coming here and fast.

The point is that Islam is still stuck a few centuries ago.

Thank God some Muslims are trying to reform it. The problem is that there numbers are still small.

This is from their web site Muslims against Sharia.

Acknowledging mistakes
The majority of the terrorist acts of the last three decades, including the 9/11 attacks, were perpetrated by Islamic fundamentalists in the name of Islam. We, as Muslims, find it abhorrent that Islam is used to murder millions of innocent people, Muslims and non-Muslims alike.

Inconsistencies in the Koran
Unfortunately, Islamic religious texts, including the Koran and the Hadith contain many passages, which call for Islamic domination and incite violence against non-Muslims. It is time to change that. Muslim fundamentalists believe that the Koran is the literal word of Allah. But could Allah, the most Merciful, the most Compassionate, command mass slaughter of people whose only fault is being non-Muslim?
From your link:

Quote:
The Koran & the Bible
Many Bible figures from Adam to Jesus (Isa) are considered to be prophets and are respected by Islam.
Christ is/was the Son of Man, Son of God, Son of the Holy Spirit.

Thank you for your interest in my lack of interest, but for me their actions tell me all that I need or ever want to know.
Actions Speak Louder Than Words | Bible.org - Worlds Largest Bible Study Site

I don't care to be any more involved than that. They will do whatever it is they think they are big enough to do and I will do in my world, the same. My world is peaceful and simple and happy I don't need anything else. I am complete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 12:39 PM

117 posts, read 65,998 times
There are over a billion muslims. It's not going away. Muslims staying in their own countries is a good thing. These anti-Iran stories are to win over the support of the people to invade Iran. War in Iran means refugees. Refugees from Islamic countries means honour killings in our countries. In fact honour killings are more common in countries that don't have dictators like Saddam as the families don't have as much to be afraid of. That's why it is so common in present day Iraq and Turkey with the Kurds.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:50 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,644,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
At this hour it's safe to say she's dead.

What would her spirit say?

That's the intangible....

Nobody knows what she thinks.... Like for instance, was it worth it to live her life as a Muslim female according to the laws only to be stoned to death for having human feelings for another man who wasnt her husband.

Islam is a cult.

Islam is a cult.

Sharia Law is a perversion of the law of Islam so-called religion... it's a cult! Misogynistic and deadly!

It serves no purpose in this world we live in except for destruction of what we know as humans on this earth. They want to change our VALUES ON this planet. Look at what is going on in Russia!!! It's coming here!!! Our borders are porous and our government is complacent and acquiescing to every nation Obama thinks we wronged!!!! Wake up!!!

We dont need this in our nation! the Sharia Law!!! Fight it!!! Michigan! Dearborn !!! you hear me!!! Fight Sharia Law!!!

GOD REST HER SOUL

There is still hope. I just found this recent article:

The Associated Press: Iran stoning sentence for adultery draws outrage

Old 07-08-2010, 02:28 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
From your link:
The Koran & the Bible
Many Bible figures from Adam to Jesus (Isa) are considered to be prophets and are respected by Islam.

Christ is/was the Son of Man, Son of God, Son of the Holy Spirit.
Does it make any sense to anyone, especially Muslims that Jesus said he was God and still they claim he is a respected prophet??

His claim that he is God is blasphemy to the Muslim. Do they not see the contradiction in themselves? He cannot be both God and a respected prophet.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:29 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I don't know if anyone can change these people when radicals run their country. Obama didn't speak out when they had rioting in the streets and one young woman was killed it would be hard to speak out now. The Muslim clerics in other countries need to step up though. Silence is acceptance.
Yes, silence is acceptance.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:46 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
I'm sure the *******s will find a way to blame the U.S. for the state of Iran's bassackwards society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
America is to blame, whether you think so or not.
/edit/ nvrmnd, I see I'm already late! It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:30 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
I think many of Iran's people would chose Jesus if only they could find out about Him and his teachings. He had a totally different view of the woman who committed adultery. "The one without sin should cast the first stone." They all dropped their stones and walked away.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:23 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Does it make any sense to anyone, especially Muslims that Jesus said he was God and still they claim he is a respected prophet??

His claim that he is God is blasphemy to the Muslim. Do they not see the contradiction in themselves? He cannot be both God and a respected prophet.
Jesus never said He was God. (please forgive me, I must say that which is in my heart to say)
Quote:
It was the Logos/Jesus Who revealed The Father's existence when He revealed His Own existence. For that, Jesus was fiercely rejected and accused of blasphemy by the religious authorities of His day when He rightfully claimed to be the Son of God because they were not aware that God exists as The Father and The Word/Logos. Before He was born as a human, no one knew that there was a Logos, so they then, as many still do now, assumed that the "God of the Old Testament" was The Father.
Bible Study - The God Of The Old Testament
A prophet hasn't the spiritual power to save our mortal souls. God could not save us either. To solve that problem He sent His son. Even the daily bible page I have quoted say: 'before He was born a human'. However, find it any where in the Bible that Jesus says I am God.

However, what I believe the Muslims are attempting to do by the use of the word respect, is walk that fence line that says, okay, we will accept Him as a prophet, and make nice, but that is as far as we will go with that idea. For them it is only an idea that is made possible to them through their body's mind, not their spiritual intuition.

Many do not believe that humans posses a spirit. The spirit for them does not exist. I have gone down the road of being a doubter. Christ said He would show Himself, to each and every individual. I was saved at the age of 9, grew to question, what if they lie, or what if they think they know something they don't. At age 25, something happened for me and I am no longer a Doubting Thomas.

Until the Muslims (anyone) experiences Christ, He will forever be only a prophet for them and nothing more.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:12 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Jesus Christ is not a prophet for Christians, He is God. The early Christians were converted from other beliefs. Many were Pagans. Rome was Pagan. When they saw how Christianity taught love and respect for the individual droves converted to Christianity, still do today.

Sad thing is Muslim countries like Iran will not allow proselytizing for their people to learn about Jesus or if they do and want to convert they will be killed. Missionaries are in danger of being killed.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:26 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Jesus Christ is not a prophet for Christians, He is God. The early Christians were converted from other beliefs. Many were Pagans. Rome was Pagan. When they saw how Christianity taught love and respect for the individual droves converted to Christianity, still do today.

Sad thing is Muslim countries like Iran will not allow proselytizing for their people to learn about Jesus or if they do and want to convert they will be killed. Missionaries are in danger of being killed.
They know about Jesus -- they know about Christianity-- and yes, there are even Iranian Christians.

No, they are not allowed to proslytize. But so what? I for one am sick and tired of people who think that their religion is better then anyone elses and that they need to either try to convert me or enact laws to protect me from myself (i.e.teach creationism in schools). Seriously, you people are no better then the ayatollahs. If given the chance to control the country fundementalist christians would wield the whip just as forcibly as the ayatollahs. Maybe women wouldn't be stoned, but the gays would be driven back into the shadows for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies