Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2010, 10:58 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,338,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
See what I mean now you complain about a smell. I don't care about your whining anymore, you'll never be satisfied. Deal with it.

third hand smoke...lol you people are just incredible to the legnth you'll go. Oddly I am 43 and often I am told I look 30 something. So blah blah blah phfttt!!!!!
It smells disgusting and so does BO. It smells just as bad as BO but there are deodorants for that. It is a well known fact that smoking causes premature aging. Careful or you may end up looking like Kramer on Seinfeld when he was exposed to all that smoke
I didn't make up third hand smoke its a fact.
I don't understand how you can willingly put your health at stake everyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 11:05 AM

448 posts, read 534,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Obviously you're a smoker so why doesn't the smoker be al little more considerate and move away. Also we still have to smell that crap on your clothes and its digusting.
I'm not a smoker. (Atleast not tobacco ) I use dip, is that a problem?

Old 07-07-2010, 11:17 AM

15,099 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
It smells disgusting and so does BO. It smells just as bad as BO but there are deodorants for that. It is a well known fact that smoking causes premature aging. Careful or you may end up looking like Kramer on Seinfeld when he was exposed to all that smoke
I didn't make up third hand smoke its a fact.
I don't understand how you can willingly put your health at stake everyday.

Just have a glass of healthy soy milk ... take your flu shot, and you won't have to worry about third hand smoke.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:32 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,880 times
what's so funny to me is that this whole telling other
people what to do, is just going to move
down the scale to drinking.
mark my words, it will start like this;

first people are going to want to outlaw wine and
beer in restaurants where children are present,

then it will become illegal to drink at concerts
due to some poor little thing getting beer on their
shoes/shirt.

then no drinking at ball games, basketball games because guess what?
there are families and children involved. they don't want somebody getting out of control
in front of them.

see the pattern? I mean , how can they possible willingly put their
lives at stake by drinking? it will be called second hand drunk.

once smoking has been banished , even in peoples homes,
"they" will move on to the next item , drinking in public.

this need to tell other people what to do is
cross political , I am starting to believe it is a
mental illnes that we need to invent a new drug to treat . ha.

as far as soy , I am totally in agreement , it is poison ,
same for corn .

Old 07-07-2010, 12:01 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post
I've been reading a lot of thread's about smoking (tobacco/marijuana), homosexuality and other controversial topics such as those, obviously people have different views on these subjects. Which in my mind, is fine, because it makes for a good debate. But what is mildly annoying to me is seeing people complain about these things that they don't even partake in. (Such as tobacco use)

I just want to know why it would great if they made the use of tobacco illegal, and the person complaining about it doesn't even smoke, or dip. Why do so many people think that their lifestyle is the correct one, or the one that is suitable for everyone? And why would making something illegal that you don't even do change your life?

Just wondering. Thanks.

I don't think tobacco should be made illegal. I don't smoke, but I have health problems associated with second hand smoke, since my parents were like freaking chimneys when I was growing up.

Smoking has been proven to cause heart disease, cancer, COPD, just to name a few, and nicotine is as addictive as heroin, you want to smoke, that's your bidness, just like if you want to drink, your bidness.

It becomes my bidness when your choice of a lifestyle threatens my health or the health of people I love.

You get into a car drunk or you blow smoke into my my kids or grandkids face, then you deal with me.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:38 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,617,430 times
When I am at work and it's (smoke) break time. I walk on my break, it's a heck of a lot healthier!! But it seems like the smokers smoke more often then I can walk. What's up with that???

Quote:
Oh my goodnessHow dare you have to stand outside a building and ingest poison???? POOR smokers. I always see them outside shivering in the cold puffing away to get their nicotine fix. Its quite pathetic to see.
Its ridiculous how smokers knowingly endanger their health everyday and just don't give a damn.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:55 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
He can smoke outside, as long as his second hand smoke does not affect anyone else. That's the bottom line - if the noxious smoke from your cigarette drifts into someone else's airspace, sorry, you have to put it out.

It is your choice to gamble with your health. You are not allowed to impose that choice on me.
So, if I choose to smoke in front of my own front door and the breeze carries the smoke next door and my neighbor, who doesn't smoke, happens to be out, I'm supposed to 'put it out'? Sorry, but that's intrusive on MY life.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:34 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,338,602 times
Quote:

What is dip?

Old 07-07-2010, 02:04 PM

448 posts, read 534,194 times
Quote:
What is dip?
It's smokless tobacco. Skoal? Comes in tins, and is packed and put in between your gum and cheek. It's different than chewing tobacco.

If you still don't know what it is just google "skoal" or "dipping tobacco"

Old 07-07-2010, 02:05 PM

1,028 posts, read 2,339,144 times
Quote:
Keep the spit to yourself and pay for your own gum cancer therapy, then no, no problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies