Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2010, 11:07 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times

Advertisements

I'm black and I think it is important to know what your ancestors went through. Just as a Jewish person will understand the struggle of their ancestors in Nazi Germany and other places of Europe. Is the Jewish person wrong for being reminded of that struggle when they learn of German history? It is what it is and I think a person has the right to acknowledge the ills. I do think that even with what happened, the US is a great country and I am happy to have been born here. I also know that my people (my ancestors) made it and came up out of that struggle. ALSO, I know that not everyone in the US at that time who was white supported slavery or agreed with it. There were people who hated it and spoke out, wrote about it and wanted it stopped. I do think it was ugly, but also that those white slavemasters and traders really were messed up in the head to think that that was OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 11:10 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
Sarkozy isn't French.
Sarkozy and Kouchner are both French citizens born in France. Which makes them French.

A large number of French whites are descendants of immigrants and not "francais de souche". Ironically, MOST of the FN supporters in Marseille are descendants of Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian immigrants, either those who went to France directly or to Algerian "pieds noirs".

Quote:
I hope you are right and the National Front do get in in there.
That was not my intent. I despise the FN myself. A FN victory would be a tragedy to France just like a Muslim takeover would be, and is more likely. It would be a great loss for one of the world's greatest democracies to return to fascism.

Quote:
They need it what with their traitor judges giving leniency to rapists who were "only raping white women to humiliate the white man".
Methinks you're a "Camp of the Saints" fan...

Quote:
The French need to take their country back. I know not all Blacks are muslim, but they certainly aren't French either.
If they are French citizens and identify with French culture (as most French-Caribbeans do), they are French.

As for the French national football team, they were just acting excessive and caught up in their own fame like athletes of all races do in America and the UK, and they just weren't good enough to make it further in the World Cup. (Given the tendencies you've shown so far, you're probably rooting for the all-white Spanish team over the racially mixed Dutch team in the final....)

Old 07-07-2010, 11:20 PM

117 posts, read 66,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I'm black and I think it is important to know what your ancestors went through. Just as a Jewish person will understand the struggle of their ancestors in Nazi Germany and other places of Europe. Is the Jewish person wrong for being reminded of that struggle when they learn of German history? It is what it is and I think a person has the right to acknowledge the ills. I do think that even with what happened, the US is a great country and I am happy to have been born here. I also know that my people (my ancestors) made it and came up out of that struggle. ALSO, I know that not everyone in the US at that time who was white supported slavery or agreed with it. There were people who hated it and spoke out, wrote about it and wanted it stopped. I do think it was ugly, but also that those white slavemasters and traders really were messed up in the head to think that that was OK.
Why don't schools teach white people what Jews put them through in the 1930s? There are two Jews alone with ten million kills each from that decade. History lessons are completely biased against whites.
Stalin's Jews - Israel Opinion, Ynetnews

Old 07-07-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youcanthandlethetruth View Post
Yes they were, but so were the fellow Africans that sold and traded their brothers ans sisters by skin color to the white man. That needs to be taught as well.
Yep. My understanding is that Europeans came with weapons and Africans decided to round up other Africans to avoid their own takeover. I'm not trying to justify what Africans did, but I think that that is worth mentioning.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Why don't schools teach white people what Jews put them through in the 1930s? There are two Jews alone with ten million kills each from that decade. History lessons are completely biased against whites.
Stalin's Jews - Israel Opinion, Ynetnews

I don't see anything wrong with teaching ANY kind of history. If that is something that should be taught, then why not? I don't know ANYTHING about "Stalin's Jews," so you would have to educate me on that before I have any opinion on that.

I don't have a problem with teaching anything in school about history. The motive is what matters.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Why don't schools teach white people what Jews put them through in the 1930s? There are two Jews alone with ten million kills each from that decade.
The article you linked to said that the Jews in Stalin's government were eliminated in the purges, which were largely designed to dejudaize the Soviet Communist Party due to Stalin's fear of Trotsky and Kamenev.

According to Sir Norman Cohn's "Warrant for Genocide", the number of Jews who were political prisoners in the USSR per capita exceeded that of any other group in the USSR.

Stalin was planning his own holocaust before he died. The Russian Communist party today is virulently anti-semitic and blames Jews for bringing down the USSR.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:40 PM

117 posts, read 66,034 times
Yes after Yagoda killed over ten million Russians, Stalin had him executed and a Russian called Yezhov picked up where he left off before being killed himself. This is correct. Lenin who himself was part Jew formed the Chekists which evolved into the NKVD and then finally the KGB via one or two other things. He also made anti-semitism a capital crime. Their job was to kill lots and lots of people. They were largely Jews and they killed plenty before Stalin in the end killed them too.

The other delightful chap was instrumental in the Holomodor. The forced starvation of the Ukraine where up to ten million died in a year.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:06 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Since the founders of this country are held up in high esteem and since they also owned slaves how should this topic be taught to kids especially Black kids? As a Black person myself I just can't view these men with the same enthusiasm as many whites do. Am I wrong?
Tell them the truth and let each student decide for himself what he wants to do with the information and how he wants to view the founding fathers. Slavery was an accepted practice at that time. It is not necessary to frame these men's character differently because of it and there's is certainly nothing that can be done to undo it.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Yes after Yagoda killed over ten million Russians, Stalin had him executed and a Russian called Yezhov picked up where he left off before being killed himself. This is correct. Lenin who himself was part Jew formed the Chekists which evolved into the NKVD and then finally the KGB via one or two other things.
Lenin was not part-Jewish. Anti-semitic Russian monarchists spread that lie. It was furthered by people like Henry Ford who wrote about "Lenin and his wife speaking to their children in Yiddish" (never mind that Lenin had no children and did not know Yiddish).

Refer to Sir Norman Cohn's "Warrant For Genocide"

Quote:
He also made anti-semitism a capital crime.
Yet when Jewish groups asked Trotsky (who was ethnically Jewish) to protect them against pogroms, Trotsky said "you are not my people and I owe nothing to you". Those ethnic Jews who were Bolsheviks did not identify themselves as Jews, they identified themselves as Bolsheviks. (Trotsky after going into exile would change his view on Jewish identity).

As for Stalin planning his own Holocaust as part of the Doctor's Plot (never carried out due to Stalin's death), Nikita Khruschev admitted as much, as did Anastas Mikoylan, Nikolai Bulganin, Yevgeny Tarle, and Andrei Sakharov. MI6 informed Winston Churchill of what Stalin was planning to do, and Churchill did issue a statement officially condemning the Doctor's Plot. Stalin thought that all Jews in the USSR were working for the CIA and MI6 and wanted to "finish what Hitler began".

As for Jewish political prisoners: I said "per capita" they were the most overrepresented of any ethnicity in the USSR. Obviously, the majority of the population of the USSR and of the gulags were not Jewish.

(BTW, I'm not Jewish.)

Old 07-08-2010, 01:29 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Since the founders of this country are held up in high esteem and since they also owned slaves how should this topic be taught to kids especially Black kids? As a Black person myself I just can't view these men with the same enthusiasm as many whites do. Am I wrong?

The founders, like all people were flawed individuals. Some of the Founders were slave owners, but what they created, a new nation defined by principles expressed in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution with its Bill of Rights, was wholly incompatible with the institution of slavery. In the end, after a bloody civil war, the Constitution survived, but slavery did not.

The Founders may not have realized the future impact or all of the implications of the statement that "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights...", but the nation they created was and is destined to live out their charge.

We all have an equal claim to the liberties and protections of the Constitution regardless of race. If the founders didn't plan for blacks to share in the blessings of liberty, they did a very poor job of excluding them. The Founders gave all of us the keys to our freedom in the documents they created. I would focus on that instead of flawed individuals who were inspired to create them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies