Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 03:38 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Yes they are in a way. By trying to create claims of racism, they create more racial tension, and create more racist views.

They make a living off of exploiting blacks for their personal agenda.
( in reference to Jackson and Sharpton )
Follow the money, if the world was free of racism these pecker necks would be out of business. Men like this keep racism alive.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:43 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
( in reference to Jackson and Sharpton )
Follow the money, if the world was free of racism these pecker necks would be out of business. Men like this keep racism alive.
That was my exact point

Old 07-12-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid and Nancy View Post
I think most people, Black and White, realize that Sharpton and Jackson are media hounds and Charlatans who are only interested in personal advancement. Most of these people however would not conclude that Jackson and Sharpton are racist against Blacks. If anything I've heard people accuse them, especially Sharpton, of being racist against Whites.
That is the thing, you are having a hard time realizing that racism doesnt come in just the form of hatred. Exploiting people because of their race is also a form of racism.

I understand if you are a liberal, that you don't understand that exploiting a race is a form of racism. The Democrats have been using exploitation of different races from their beginning until the present. I consider this racist.

Also another thing that you fail to think about when it comes to people like Jackson and Sharpton, is that they are also quick to call blacks that don't agree with them Uncle Toms, Aunt Jemimas, House Negros etc...

And I suppose you don't think those are being used as racially derogatory terms?

Old 07-12-2010, 03:52 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,799,240 times
I'll take curtain no. 3, "patent logic".

11. Some of my best friends are____________.
12. I knew one when I was in high school!
13. If your heart isn't in America, get your ass out of America.
14. NIMBY
15. "Why are his pants on the ground?"
16. Black guy, white woman? Trailer trash!
17. It wouldn't have happened in my day.
18. Go back to Africa, boy.
19. "We have ample seating in the back".
20. "You people are all the same'.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:54 PM

103 posts, read 91,576 times
Quote:
That is the thing, you are having a hard time realizing that racism doesnt come in just the form of hatred. Exploiting people because of their race is also a form of racism.

I understand if you are a liberal, that you don't understand that exploiting a race is a form of racism. The Democrats have been using exploitation of different races from their beginning until the present. I consider this racist.

Also another thing that you fail to think about when it comes to people like Jackson and Sharpton, is that they are also quick to call blacks that don't agree with them Uncle Toms, Aunt Jemimas, House Negros etc...

And I suppose you don't think those are being used as racially derogatory terms?
I have a hard time believing that Jackson and Sharpton view themselves, and their race as inferior to another race. I'm not buying it. I also don't see how they exploit an entire race. What I do see is their exploitation of events and situations, but an entire race of people, I don't think so. Jackson is an equal opportunity exploiter, remember Terry Shialvo, she was White. I've also heard many people, mostly conservative, accuse Sharpton of being racist against White people. So which one is it?

Old 07-12-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
I have a hard time believing that Jackson and Sharpton view themselves, and their race as inferior to another race. I'm not buying it. I've also heard many people, mostly conservative accuse Sharpton of being racist against White people. So which one is it?
I notice that you dont deny that exploiting people based on their race is racism. You obviously think those racially derogatory terms are fine to use. So, obviously you hold the same views as them, well, if that is the case, there isnt anything anyone can explain to you, because if you dont think there is anything wrong with it, that will continue to be the way you think..

But, know this lets people know the type of person you are.

Remember.. the main followers of Jackson and Sharpton, are liberal whites.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
I have a hard time believing that Jackson and Sharpton view themselves, and their race as inferior to another race. I'm not buying it. I also don't see how they exploit an entire race. What I do see is their exploitation of events and situations, but an entire race of people, I don't think so. Jackson is an equal opportunity exploiter, remember Terry Shialvo, she was White. I've also heard many people, mostly conservative, accuse Sharpton of being racist against White people. So which one is it?
You keep trying to put words where there is none. Why can't you look at the words people type? Because they dont fit into your world?

No one said that jackson or sharpton view blacks as inferior... We said that they exploit blacks.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I notice that you dont deny that exploiting people based on their race is racism. You obviously think those racially derogatory terms are fine to use. So, obviously you hold the same views as them, well, if that is the case, there isnt anything anyone can explain to you, because if you dont think there is anything wrong with it, that will continue to be the way you think..

But, know this lets people know the type of person you are.

Remember.. the main followers of Jackson and Sharpton, are liberal whites.
Where did you learn to read people's mind. Quite a skill you have. Of course exploiting someone because of their race is racism, but that is not the case of Sharpton or Jackson. You also failed to respond to the point as to whether Sharpton and Jackson are racist against White people

Old 07-12-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Where did you learn to read people's mind. Quite a skill you have. Of course exploiting someone because of their race is racism, but that is not the case of Sharpton or Jackson. You also failed to respond to the point as to whether Sharpton and Jackson are racist against White people
No they are not racist against white people.. white people well mainly white liberals are their biggest supporters.

if you don't think that these two exploit black people to further their own agenda you are mistaken...

Notice you still are not denying that you think those racially derogatory terms that sharpton and jackson call other blacks are even wrong... maybe if you could admit they were wrong, you could start understanding how racism is more then hatred or thinking an entire race is the only form of racism.

Pushing racism is in and of itself racist. This is what these two do, they try to push racism, which creates more racism.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
No one said that jackson or sharpton view blacks as inferior... We said that they exploit blacks.
You said Jackson and Sharpton were racist towards Blacks.

Racism:

The belief that race is a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Racism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Racism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies