Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 04:10 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
That is the thing, you are having a hard time realizing that racism doesnt come in just the form of hatred. Exploiting people because of their race is also a form of racism.

I understand if you are a liberal, that you don't understand that exploiting a race is a form of racism. The Democrats have been using exploitation of different races from their beginning until the present. I consider this racist.

Also another thing that you fail to think about when it comes to people like Jackson and Sharpton, is that they are also quick to call blacks that don't agree with them Uncle Toms, Aunt Jemimas, House Negros etc...

And I suppose you don't think those are being used as racially derogatory terms?
I agree with you here. The MO for Jackson & Sharpton are to stay in the limelight and they've realized that the media is very sympathetic to the "woe is us black people" that they've perfected. However as soon as a black person suggests that a black person take responsibiltiy for something. A & J are quick to take away that person's blackness.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:11 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,082,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid and Nancy View Post
You said Jackson and Sharpton were racist towards Blacks.

Racism:

The belief that race is a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Racism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Racism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually no I didnt say they were, I said in a way, and gave how they were in a way. because they exploit. not that they were 100% racist against blacks. try reading peoples posts before making false claims.

Guess what, many of us are tired of jackson and Sharpton trying to exploit us for their own personal gain. If you think it is okay, that is why he has the support of you all, but we are tired of it.

I am tired of jackson and his son jr, calling my wife a house negro...

Old 07-12-2010, 04:23 PM

103 posts, read 91,799 times
Quote:
Actually no I didnt say they were, I said in a way, and gave how they were in a way. because they exploit. not that they were 100% racist against blacks. try reading peoples posts before making false claims.
Quote:
Yes they are in a way.
How about try not contradicting yourself. Yes means no, and no means yes.

What's with this percentage of racism? So what percentage racist are they, 55% or 25%?
Quote:
Guess what, many of us are tired of jackson and Sharpton trying to exploit us for their own personal gain. If you think it is okay, that is why he has the support of you all, but we are tired of it.
I am tired of jackson and his son jr, calling my wife a house negro...
Never said I supported either of them. This thread isn't about people who exploit, it's about racists. Jackson knows your wife?? What did you do when he called her that? Did you defend her honor?

Old 07-12-2010, 04:27 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times
Quote:
Sid & Nancy I hate to get into your beef with rhawkins here but the first two posts you quoted say the same thing "in a way"

if I'm going to take a guess I'd say that he is saying the way that A & J use race to exploit the black community is in a way racist itself. I think he's saying exploitation bases on race is a form of racism, kinda like dirty jokes are a from of sexual harassment. Could be wrong but that's my take on his comments

Old 07-12-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Sid & Nancy I hate to get into your beef with rhawkins here but the first two posts you quoted say the same thing "in a way"

if I'm going to take a guess I'd say that he is saying the way that A & J use race to exploit the black community is in a way racist itself
Simply adding the phrase "in a way" doesn't negate the point. Either you are or you are not. How can you be racist and not feel that a race is either inferior or superior. Exploiting a group of people in itself is not racist. I don't believe Jackson exploits Blacks because of their race, he exploits anyone he can. Feudal lords had slaves, where they racist. The Romans had white slaves, where they racist against White people? Industrialists in England during the industrial revolution exploited their workers, was that racism? I don't think rhawkins, along with many other people know the definition of racism.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:

What's with this percentage of racism? So what percentage racist are they, 55% or 25%?

Never said I supported either of them. This thread isn't about people who exploit, it's about racists. Jackson knows your wife?? What did you do when he called her that? Did you defend her honor?
Exploiting causes and incites racism. Obviously you do support them, you think it is okay what they do. But, that is okay, I don't hate your for it, I know you are just misguided.

Yes Jackson knows my wife. Jackson Jr is unfortunately my districts congressman. We have ran into jr and sr many of times. And because my wife helps with running many of the conservatives around heres campaigns and the fact that she is running for office right now, both the jacksons hate it, and call her a house negro, much like most all the other Dems out there.

Did I say something to him, of course I did. But, he hurt himself more then I ever could. Many people that were at the debate heard these words, and were not too happy.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
How can someone be racist "in a way". Either you are or you are not. How can you be racist and not feel that a race is either inferior or superior. Exploiting a group of people in itself is not racist. Feudal lords had slaves, where they racist. The Romans had white slaves, where they racist against White people? Industrialists in England during the industrial revolution exploited their workers, was that racism? I don't think rhawkins, along with many other people know the definition of racism.
I think, racism to you is only what you want it to be. I think until you get out of your little racist White Dem world, you wont understand.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I think, racism to you is only what you want it to be. I think until you get out of your little racist White Dem world, you wont understand.
I use Webster's definition of racism. What do you use?

Old 07-12-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Exploiting causes and incites racism.
Really, so feudal lords in Europe incited racism? What about the Aztecs who exploited the slaves from other tribes? Racism there too?

Quote:
Yes Jackson knows my wife. Jackson Jr is unfortunately my districts congressman. We have ran into jr and sr many of times. And because my wife helps with running many of the conservatives around heres campaigns and the fact that she is running for office right now, both the jacksons hate it, and call her a house negro, much like most all the other Dems out there.
You actually think conservative Republicans has a chance of getting elected on the Southside of Chicago? How's that working out for you? I have a bridge in Alaska to sell you.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:44 PM

694 posts, read 745,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Don't forget these:

Tea Party
Where is the birth certificate?
A village in Kenya is missing its idiot.
As far as Tea Party, I guess you are racist if you want the gov't to do what the Constitution says or at least not do what is says CAN'T be done, right? Other President's have strayed from it and have been to varying degrees for a long time. This one (was well as the last one by a decent margine) is not just vearing from the Constitution, but pushing it aside.

Also, you have to see that if the Constitution requires that a person serving as President be born here and one of them legally seals his BC, it is very suspicious! It's like when a Police Officer asks to search your pockets. The only reason (in theory) to say no is if you are hiding something.

Imagine if your employer required your SS number or someother common piece of information. If you said he couldn't have it, should you expect to keep your job?

Charles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.