Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 10:36 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times

Advertisements

I hope humans will one day simply not be willing anymore to fight some politicians' wars, to waste their lives and ruin their physical and mental health. But at the moment there are still too many patriotic and nationalist fools falling for their governments' propaganda...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 10:36 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
You missed the point.

Yes, that's how war is, and it's moderately acceptable in some forms. Iraq is not one of them. Thank G-d your opinion is in the minority of soldiers I know.
As for your comments, yes, all of the soldiers and sailors I know do feel like I do. Unless you have served during a time of war and served in a foreign land, you would have no personal idea of what war was like. Does this young man make valid points, some, yes. Is everything he saying the absolute truth? No. In his eyes, we may be the enemy, but that is not how the majority of our soldiers/sailors feel. I feel for this young man, but I also feel for all of the soldiers/sailors who go about their daily duties without any fanfare.....

Old 07-15-2010, 10:45 AM

175 posts, read 113,319 times
The dude has guts I'll give him that. There is a modicum of truth to what he says. Unfortunately, like most issues, it really isn't that cut and dry. I absolutely agree with the addage that "rich men wage wars, poor men fight them" - but both logically and historically speaking - every war (even the modern ones) hasn't been unjust or without due cause. Regardless of what you may feel about Bush, there was little contention that war in Afghanistan was the wrong thing to do. Iraq was a folly IMO, and you could certainly make the case that Afghanistan II should be about draw down not build up...

...but I don't think anyone can credibly make the case that the initial incursion into Afghanistan was wrong. I applaud the dude's courage - but geo-politics are more complex than the analysis he put forth.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:49 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Too bad more people don't listen to what this man has to say...

YouTube - Even The Troops Are Waking Up
AMEN!!!!!

I can't say it enough... these wars are being fought to make rich, fat white men richer. Cheers to anyone who can see through the indoctrination and see it for what it REALLY is.

Perhaps most servicemen don't want to look past the indoctrination because it is too painful to accept they've done the dirty work of those aforementioned rich, fat white men. They have endured horrors beyond imagination and done terrible things for a false ideology that was carefully nurtured as part of their training. Others certainly realize what is really going on but go on with grim, cold determination. They have a job to do, and that is everything...the reason why they are doing the job is irrelevant. But it makes for hard times when it's all over and one has to live with themselves and what they've gone through.

It is amazing how the image of two falling skyscrapers somehow makes it OK to murder people who have nothing in common with those responsible, aside from being the same color.

Yet they forget to mention in basic that Bin Laden himself and Al Qaeda are actually the monsterous creation of the U.S. to begin with. They are an effect rather than a cause of bigger problems perpetrated by the same elite who now send the grunts in fight and die in an attemt to fix them, while at the same time turning a buck or two.

He's right...the real enemy wears armani, lounges behind high walls in elite clubs and worships the dollar bill.

Last edited by Chango; 07-15-2010 at 12:18 PM..

Old 07-15-2010, 11:00 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
War and Terrorism

I went to Vietnam in 1966 thinking I was doing my duty as a young citizen. I even said yes when the River Rats said they needed some extra help. Then I went to war. I lost far more than I gained from the following events but I still figured it was part of my duty and worth the price.

Then I heard some sailor mention that the VP of 'Nam, Nuyen Kao Key, had once flown for the French Air Force fighting the Vietminh. I suggested that was not likely and the man showed me a copy of the Stars and Stripes. There was a story of Kao Key’s bravery flying air support for the French Foreign Legion. I was emotionally devastated when I realized I was on the wrong side of the war. I had been fighting to support a failed European Empire that had done untold atrocities to protect their rubber farms and mines.

That was when I turned against our government’s terrorist empire, but served out my time until my DEROS, and felt really bad about the soldiers that never figured that out and worse for the ones that did. We have been at WAR with the world to protect some REMF’s right to exploit whatever and whenever they wanted. That is beyond wrong and is just plain sinful.

It is over 40 years and I am still angry over the betrayal of my duty and the death and the wounds suffered by my buddies and the appalling destruction we did to a patriotic people. We have not stopped. We are, indeed, the world’s biggest Terrorist.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

BTW – if you ain’t been there you have no idea what you are talking about. If you support these wars so much put down your mouse and join up. After a few firefights you will have earned the right to comment. Until then you are just whining civilians.

Don’t bother thanking me for my service to the country. Go do some of your own. There is more to life than just making money for the greedsters and yourself.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:11 AM

996 posts, read 1,897,789 times
This man is messed up in the head. He's calling our troops terrorists. He called himself a solider and a terrorist at the same time.

Stop smoking the weed you hippies. Honestly, this Anti-American sediment is so disturbing.

God bless our troops, the REAL HEROES.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:17 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
He's right in that video.I remember the VVAW, too. War is a racket !!! War makes some people very wealthy. They don't care about victims,or soldiers. They want money..and power. It's a drug. Control. Conquer. Coerce. Incorporate.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:24 AM

5,638 posts, read 6,517,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
This man is messed up in the head. He's calling our troops terrorists. He called himself a solider and a terrorist at the same time.

Stop smoking the weed you hippies. Honestly, this Anti-American sediment is so disturbing.

God bless our troops, the REAL HEROES.

God, country, flag and killing...Yahoos!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-15-2010, 11:43 AM

563 posts, read 1,286,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
War and Terrorism

I went to Vietnam in 1966 thinking I was doing my duty as a young citizen. I even said yes when the River Rats said they needed some extra help. Then I went to war. I lost far more than I gained from the following events but I still figured it was part of my duty and worth the price.

Then I heard some sailor mention that the VP of 'Nam, Nuyen Kao Key, had once flown for the French Air Force fighting the Vietminh. I suggested that was not likely and the man showed me a copy of the Stars and Stripes. There was a story of Kao Key’s bravery flying air support for the French Foreign Legion. I was emotionally devastated when I realized I was on the wrong side of the war. I had been fighting to support a failed European Empire that had done untold atrocities to protect their rubber farms and mines.

That was when I turned against our government’s terrorist empire, but served out my time until my DEROS, and felt really bad about the soldiers that never figured that out and worse for the ones that did. We have been at WAR with the world to protect some REMF’s right to exploit whatever and whenever they wanted. That is beyond wrong and is just plain sinful.

It is over 40 years and I am still angry over the betrayal of my duty and the death and the wounds suffered by my buddies and the appalling destruction we did to a patriotic people. We have not stopped. We are, indeed, the world’s biggest Terrorist.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

BTW – if you ain’t been there you have no idea what you are talking about. If you support these wars so much put down your mouse and join up. After a few firefights you will have earned the right to comment. Until then you are just whining civilians.

Don’t bother thanking me for my service to the country. Go do some of your own. There is more to life than just making money for the greedsters and yourself.
Excellent post, thank you reps for you

Old 07-15-2010, 11:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Thanks for reading it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies