Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2010, 07:26 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Hell, how long did it take him to react when he was told that the country was under attack on 9/11? What a moron!
Yeah what was it a couple mins. Because when the 1st plane hit we all knew it was an attack. Guess you would rather him frighten a bunch of children. Then you can insult him for something else

Old 07-16-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Hold up did'nt Bush and company say the same thing but to the entire country?

Holy Memory Laspes Batman!
No itis Obama I am repeating when he says we are facing the worst economic times since the great depression.

But either way it goes I didnt vote for Bush nor do I support Bush. So that bringing up Bush doesnt mean much here.

So wanna talk about Obama now he does happen to be the current president you know

Old 07-16-2010, 07:34 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think the outrage comes from people who get pissed off at what Obama does, when the previous president (who left office less than 2 years ago) did the EXACT SAME THING and there wasn't this sort of outrage over it.

That's where the problem lies. People getting pissed off because their 'guy' isn't in office, which is really what it comes down to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
A weekend with his family or 1/3 of his presidency.
I'll go back to the last President, heck I went back two presidents to Clinton.

I though the topic was holidays and Obama's letting the government rot because he's taking a weekend with his family.
I didn't see one thread about Bush's 1/3 of his presidency on holiday. And he started wars.

Bush took over 127 days per year for vacation.
Well, in the interest of being fair, I searched "Bush vacation" and browsed through the 416 results but they only went back as far as the election, so the bulk of the results were comparative or not about Bush and his actions alone.

I recall being a kid and getting in trouble for doing something dumb. When I told my parents "So and so did it too" it was never a valid excuse and in fact often made me look worse as I compared my actions with someone they didn't like to begin with.

I can understand the frustration associated with trying to defend Obama against other partisan folks, but threads, like this, and responses like "Bush did it too" are easily recognized as silly partisan BS, if you had noted my previous post, you'd see that I mentioned the political motives behind this trip.

If I stole $100,000s of dollars from a bank and was called out on it, someone comparing me to Richard Ramirez by saying "At least he isn't the nightstalker" doesn't really help shed a more positive light on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
They call it "vacationing" but really it is a campaign stop and a chance to speak with legislators from the region.
Exactly, it is a political trip, I doubt he and his family will be spending the entire weekend lounging on the beach. He's campaigning, as he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I hear Obama showers every day too. All that wasted time!

Do keep that in mind when someone posts a bad joke, etc about Obama (for example a poster comparing him to some dictator), and you're tempted to reply "look what they said about Bush". K?

Old 07-16-2010, 07:43 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

Bet those Americans without a job right now wish they could take another vacation let alone 3 in a matter of not even 2 mths. I mean we are facing the worst economic time since the great depression.

Lets also ignore that we recently had Michelle Obama telling us we all need to go to the gulf and spend money, Just doesnt apply to them, I suppose.

Between all the time he spends vacations, parties, golfing, basketball, going to ball games. Obama must be enjoying his time as president. To bad many Americans are not enjoying their life as much he is while hes president

Wish we had a leader that lead by example.
Oh yes, President Bush never EVER implored us to do things that he, himself didn't do (like actually serve his country in the military).

And this ridiculous attitude that we have to have a President who is "just like us" is what got us that bumbling fool in the first place.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:50 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Yeah what was it a couple mins. Because when the 1st plane hit we all knew it was an attack. Guess you would rather him frighten a bunch of children. Then you can insult him for something else

It was the fact that he did not know what to do until someone told him. What he SHOULD have done was get up and handled his business instead of sitting there looking stupid.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Oh yes, President Bush never EVER implored us to do things that he, himself didn't do (like actually serve his country in the military).

And this ridiculous attitude that we have to have a President who is "just like us" is what got us that bumbling fool in the first place.
Jill I dont support Bush, didnt vote for Bush but not going to lie about Bush. Bush was terrible. Obama is no better. I never said Bush was a great leader he wasnt. But enough of using Bush as this excuse for Obama to not be something either.

What is wrong with asking a leader to lead by example? I dont think that is so terrible. I think thats how all leaders should lead. That is what makes them the best leaders. How can you respect someone that tells you do this but I am going to do the total opposite of what I'm telling you that you should do? I cant nor will I ever. I see that person as a hypocrite not a leader.

Also what is so wrong with having a president that is in touch with the country? How is someone going to do whats best for us if they dont understand our struggles and needs and desires? Cant believe you dont want a leader that you can relate to. Someone that will actually listen to your problems and needs

Old 07-16-2010, 07:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Jill I dont support Bush, didnt vote for Bush but not going to lie about Bush. Bush was terrible. Obama is no better. I never said Bush was a great leader he wasnt. But enough of using Bush as this excuse for Obama to not be something either.

What is wrong with asking a leader to lead by example? I dont think that is so terrible. I think thats how all leaders should lead. That is what makes them the best leaders. How can you respect someone that tells you do this but I am going to do the total opposite of what I'm telling you that you should do? I cant nor will I ever. I see that person as a hypocrite not a leader.

Also what is so wrong with having a president that is in touch with the country? How is someone going to do whats best for us if they dont understand our struggles and needs and desires? Cant believe you dont want a leader that you can relate to. Someone that will actually listen to your problems and needs
Do you get vacation time? Do you get days off during the week? Do you ever venture out of S. Florida? Why do you begrudge the president a little time to relax with his family?

Old 07-16-2010, 08:03 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
No itis Obama I am repeating when he says we are facing the worst economic times since the great depression.

But either way it goes I didnt vote for Bush nor do I support Bush. So that bringing up Bush doesnt mean much here.

So wanna talk about Obama now he does happen to be the current president you know
I bring up Bush b/c so many of his defenders forgot how incompetent that he was. To be really honest, Obama would not have gotten elected if the refuticans did not screw the country up in the first place. Come to think of it I really believe that they did not want to win the presidental election in the first place. Why? They had better qualified people that could have ran instead of the maverick, uh nonmaverick and the community college drop out (at least she acts like it)

Old 07-16-2010, 08:13 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,498,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
"I will not rest until the oil leak is stopped!"

He must have a sleep disorder.

Actually, Barry recently metioned that he was "losing sleep" at night due to the continuing unemployment in the Land of Hope and Change.

If he, or anyone here suffers from insomnia, I recommend reading this, guaranteed to dull even the heartiest insomniac:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:r...y-of-hope1.jpg

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-16-2010 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: Copyright Violation

Old 07-16-2010, 08:16 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Bush took 1,022 days off in 8 years.
That's 127 days per year, over 3 months per year.

How can you not address his holidays yet you whine about a weekend with family.

You silly.
You silly.

Obama is the POTUS. If you haven't noticed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies