Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 11:26 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
Black USDA Official Shirley Sherrod Resigns in Flap Over White Farmer

Farmer's wife says fired USDA official helped save their land *| ajc.com

Apparently the farmer's wife has a different take on this.

If anyone cares both links are interesting and sheds a little more light on the subject.
Thanks for posting these. It does indeed provide a fuller picture of the events.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:27 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
The NAACP is probably the most racist organization in existence. Glad to see them called out.
more racist than the KKK?

Old 07-20-2010, 11:27 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,564 times
If anyone would bother to read more than one story you would find out that Fox showed a small portion of a speech.

The farmer's wife considers her a close friend and is standing by her.

Thanks TigerLily for reading the links!

Old 07-20-2010, 11:28 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I guess that black people are indeed racist in the same way that Palestinians are terrorist for attempting to defend themselves and reclaim what was usurped from them. I don't condone hatred of any kind from any race. However, actions beget reactions. Its simply not intelligent to think that centuries of white oppression of blacks would not manifest an opposite reaction. White society has essentially never shown black people FULL respect and FULL HUMANITY, yet.....its called racism because we resent that and we try to reclaim our humanity and dignity as a people from years of having it denigrated?

White society? WTF are you talking about? I'm a 30 year old white middle class male. So I'm responsible for all the problems in the black population? I'm responsible for the plight of black 20-30 year olds? Gimme a break. Society is open and free enough nowadays for blacks to get ahead and achieve anything they want. Education, governnment, etc. I mean come on......we have a BLACK PRESIDENT for crying out loud oops I guess the Obamas may not be black enough for some people. Yes blacks were treated badly in America and are still suffering some of the repercussions. But how long is this going to last? I guess in your opinion we should give the Southwest back to Mexico? People have been enslaving each other for thousands of years. In fact blacks were first enslaved by Arabs and other blacks. And how many blacks join up and support the black muslims? LMAO! There are plenty of black movie actors, and black athletes that make gazillion more dollars than I do. And we have a black President. I'm not going to feel too sorry for blacks nowadays. But like I said whites will be a minority in 40 years so the blacks can blame all their problems on Mexicans.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:32 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Ask and you shall receive. Straight from the DOJ's Criminal Division of the Civil Right's Office.

Oh wait. I thought you couldn't be imprisoned for discrimination? Afterall, in your world its merely a civil matter, right?
Oh, that law I repeatedly offered to FIND FOR YOU? I asked for that on page one, prior to the thread merge.

She can't be prosecuted criminally for giving that speech was my assertion, and I stand by it. I also stand by the fact that you repeatedly misrepresented my position, and repeatedly made statements about the law that were simply not true.

And don't bother sending me direct messages. I won't be reading them.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Black USDA Official Shirley Sherrod Resigns in Flap Over White Farmer

Farmer's wife says fired USDA official helped save their land *| ajc.com

Apparently the farmer's wife has a different take on this.

If anyone cares both links are interesting and sheds a little more light on the subject.
And some here think she can be criminally prosecuted under this scenario.

Heh.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:34 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
If anyone would bother to read more than one story you would find out that Fox showed a small portion of a speech.

The farmer's wife considers her a close friend and is standing by her.

Thanks TigerLily for reading the links!
It has no bearing at all that she finally helped. It WAS HER JOB! Her remarks are what got her into the spotlight and is what helped her out of her job.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:35 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
more racist than the KKK?
that at least is the right discussion.....

NAACP/KKK about the same.

yet somehow NAACP is mainstream and KKK is anathema (rightly so in the case of the KKK)

Old 07-20-2010, 11:37 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Oh, that law I repeatedly offered to FIND FOR YOU? I asked for that on page one, prior to the thread merge.

She can't be prosecuted criminally for giving that speech was my assertion, and I stand by it. I also stand by the fact that you repeatedly misrepresented my position, and repeatedly made statements about the law that were simply not true.

And don't bother sending me direct messages. I won't be reading them.
Find for me? Just because you offered doesn't mean that I want or need you to do that for me. I've proven to you that my claims are correct: This lady, if found to be in violation of a law, can be criminally charged for discrimination. That was my point from the very beginning, no matter how many times you tried to discredit that point by singularly focusing on civil vs. criminal. That ruse simply didn't work out as planned, did it?

I didn't misrepresent your position. Her "opinion" should not be a reason to go to jail was your position. Her opinion was not at stake here. Her actions were. And her actions are potentially criminal. That's what I said, as I pointed out that you were wrong.

That "gotcha moment" still eludes you.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Find for me? Just because you offered doesn't mean that I want or need you to do that for me.
Obviously you did need help - since it took you until now to actually figure out what law you thought you were talking about, and since your first few attempts to cite it were spectacularly and amusingly wrong.

You've got a real chip on your shoulder - imagine actually giving me rep just so you can argue in the description. Just, wow.

Quote:
I've proven to you that my claims are correct: This lady, if found to be in violation of a law, can be criminally charged for discrimination.
No, you finally provided a cite to a law I knew existed - as hinted at in my posts (guess you didn't get the hint). All you have proven is that there is a law that provides for criminal prosecution in some contexts. That was not your assertion, your assertion was that she could be criminally prosecuted. I know she can't. Not under these facts, not for just giving a speech in which she tells a story, and not without a victim.

Quote:
That was my point from the very beginning, no matter how many times you tried to discredit that point by singularly focusing on civil vs. criminal. That ruse simply didn't work out as planned, did it?
Ruse? Asking you to back up your statements and do a little googling was a ruse?

Quote:
I didn't misrepresent your position. Her "opinion" should not be a reason to go to jail was your position. Her opinion was not at stake here. Her actions were. And her actions are potentially criminal. That's what I said, as I pointed out that you were wrong.
Whatever creams your twinkie, mister. Obviously you have nothing better to do than to continue to make straw man arguments, after embarrassing yourself repeatedly.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies