Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 03:13 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
WHO gave her a free pass? clearly not me...you even quoted when said I disagreed

As a black woman of mixed race who has white close white family members, I would be outraged if some one did this to them....but from your postings and threads....I know who you are.
Well, we're making progress. You disagree with her actions? Why is that? Because they were discriminatory and racist. Otherwise it wouldn't bother you, right?

Old 07-20-2010, 03:14 PM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What this woman said in the video, what she claimed she did, Yes she should be fired. No doubt about it. But if you watch the video carfully which I watched it 3 times, she did not get the reaction she assumed she would get.

The woman thought she was playing up to the crowd by stating that she did not help the "white" man because there were black farmers losing their property, but if you noticed, when she did get the I guess acculades she was looking for, towards the end she tried to clean it up, but too late.

Again, the woman should be fired and I'm NOT excusing her, but it is clear that she tried to get out of the hole she dug for herself.

Well you may have missed the crowds obvious approval but Benjamin Jealous didn't.

"The reaction from many in the audience is disturbing. We will be looking into the behavior of NAACP representatives at this local event and take any appropriate action."

SHOCK: Racism At NAACP Event? - wcbstv.com (http://wcbstv.com/topstories/tea.party.naacp.2.1812710.html - broken link)

Maybe he didn't see it until the fourth time.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Communist Data View Post
Coming from a guy who thinks an explanation of people such as your self is an excuse for "black racism". Right and you always complain about people playing the race card. Nobody plays that card more than the pseudo white racism victims on CD.
What? I'm not a victim of anything. I'm quite successful, actually. I could sail off into the sunset in the blink of an eye and watch the black community implode under the weight of its own problems, or I could come forth and debate the issues in hopes of generating some sort of concern for the statistics that the black community consistently posts. Right?

I like debating the issues, but i'm no racist. You can attempt to paint me into a corner as much and as often as your heart desires, but it does nothing to help the situation. If the tables were turned, and a white lady said this very thing about black farmers, Jesse and Al and every other black leader in the nation would be all over it, and you know it. Which is why I have a duty to point these nuances out. This is where your philosophy fails completely. If that means calling me a racist, so be it. I have thick skin, so go for it.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:19 PM

932 posts, read 1,678,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Well, we're making progress. You disagree with her actions? Why is that? Because they were discriminatory and racist. Otherwise it wouldn't bother you, right?
I disagree with what she did back then....24 years ago, the year I was born. However, she has seemed to have righted her wrong and is friends with the people she said she didn't do enough for. She did do something for them though.

I am able to gather enough logic though to see why she did it and said what she said about it.

The USDA has held discriminatory practices against Latino, black and female farmers for YEARS!!!!! and its well documented, yet, I don't see you howling about that...

Old 07-20-2010, 03:21 PM

932 posts, read 1,678,048 times
Quote:
What? I'm not a victim of anything. I'm quite successful, actually. I could sail off into the sunset in the blink of an eye and watch the black community implode under the weight of its own problems, or I could come forth and debate the issues in hopes of generating some sort of concern for the statistics that the black community consistently posts. Right?

I like debating the issues, but i'm no racist. You can attempt to paint me into a corner as much and as often as your heart desires, but it does nothing to help the situation. If the tables were turned, and a white lady said this very thing about black farmers, Jesse and Al and every other black leader in the nation would be all over it, and you know it. Which is why I have a duty to point these nuances out. This is where your philosophy fails completely.
What are you doing to help the black community? I'm pretty sure that typing away on the computer is doing a lot....

Yet I am a high school teacher and a counselor at a all Black low-income charter school in a very poor city, Philadelphia.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:26 PM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Communist Data View Post
Fake outrage on your part.

Sling that mud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
What are you doing to help the black community? I'm pretty sure that typing away on the computer is doing a lot....

Yet I am a high school teacher and a counselor at a all Black low-income charter school in a very poor city, Philadelphia.
It's called dialogue. As long as the channels of communication are open between people, then awareness of the issues is raised. If you take nothing away from the forum, that's fine. But me, on the other hand, I actually take stock of the issues posted here and try to apply them to everyday life when possible. It's not always about racism here, although racism pops its ugly head up from time to time. But numerous other issues are broached. I believe many of the forum members would agree with me that discussing these things at least opens our eyes, for better or worse.

2,673 posts, read 3,250,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
As I've said before in this thread. It was her job to help them. It was her racial comments that got her into hot water. There was no lie, no misconstruing, no nothing but the truth about her bigoted comments.
I haven't checked on Fox to see if they did indeed fail to say this was twenty four years ago..........but, if they didn't mention that little piece of fact then yeah, it is twisting the truth to the point of lying. If Fox News also failed to show the conceit of her message, which was we can get beyond prejudice in race issues then yes, Fox misconstrued the message of her presentation.

Even the farmer's wife is defending her and made a statement about how much effort and time she spent with them. She helped them from losing the farm.

Why aren't any of FAUX news followers mentioning that? I guess it doesn't fit the agenda.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:29 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,231,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I haven't checked on Fox to see if they did indeed fail to say this was twenty four years ago..........but, if they didn't mention that little piece of fact then yeah, it is twisting the truth to the point of lying. If Fox News also failed to show the conceit of her message, which was we can get beyond prejudice in race issues then yes, Fox misconstrued the message of her presentation.

Even the farmer's wife is defending her and made a statement about how much effort and time she spent with them. She helped them from losing the farm.

Why aren't any of FAUX news followers mentioning that? I guess it doesn't fit the agenda.
Actually Fox News has shown the NAACP video and Sherrod's interview on CNN. Glenn Beck even defended her. Did you even watch the coverage?

To their credit, the story was also on MSNBC.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:30 PM

47 posts, read 35,041 times
Quote:

I like debating the issues, but i'm no racist. You can attempt to paint me into a corner as much and as often as your heart desires, but it does nothing to help the situation. If the tables were turned, and a white lady said this very thing about black farmers, Jesse and Al and every other black leader in the nation would be all over it, and you know it. Which is why I have a duty to point these nuances out. This is where your philosophy fails completely. If that means calling me a racist, so be it. I have thick skin, so go for it.
You know why if the tables were turned it would be that way? Because in case you have no idea how things have been in this country, people don't just SAY things to Blacks they have DONE things and continue to do them. Again why do you keep thinking everything is a level playing field all of a sudden? Do you think the election of Obama has eradicated white on black racism?

I'm not so much calling you a racist as I am calling you ignorant to Black history and US racial relations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies