Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 06:57 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GALiberal View Post
White people are welcomed in the NAACP and have always been but fine I'll give you that...now admit that you were duped by Breitbart
I don't blame Breitbart. I blame whoever edited the video, which as far as I know has been undisclosed. Nevertheless, the entire video paints a different picture of Sherrod. I agree. But it does not paint a different picture of the NAACP. I heard laughs and muffled cheers at her anti-white sentiments. I heard not one single boo or sign of disdain. The NAACP is the bearer of immense responsibility in this ordeal. Sherrod herself has said so.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:58 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,140,532 times
Double post

Old 07-20-2010, 07:00 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,231,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
No, I think that You abhor it.
Why would you think he abhors your success? He specifically said he's glad you succeeded.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
No, I think that You abhor it.

However, I know way more white people than you probably know black. I went to a majority white college and am in a field of profession where most teachers are white. I live in a mostly white suburban area of Philly, and like I said my family is white and black. You and me are two different people. I was raised color blind, while you hold some sort of grudge. And your posts are evident!

Please stop talking to me on this thread unless you would like to DM me.
I've said repeatedly that I don't decry your, or anyones, success. But you still maintain the position that I hate it. What you're exhibiting is exactly why race relations have barely progressed in this nation. You simply can't get past what ails you. I'm not sure what you were raised thinking, but it appears that you believe white people despise black success. You have alot to learn. The scary part is that your a young adult. I would have thought that young adults would be the bearers of a new day in race relations. Obviously, I am way wrong.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:01 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,851,419 times
Yes but that doesnt change that she also said she didnt fully help a person simply because hes white. It also bothers me that she promotes this class war. Rich VS poor. It equally bothers me that she said she took him to one of his kind. She could have found a better choice of words then that.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:04 PM

180 posts, read 188,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yes but that doesnt change that she also said she didnt fully help a person simply because hes white. It also bothers me that she promotes this class war. Rich VS poor. It equally bothers me that she said she took him to one of his kind. She could have found a better choice of words then that.
You clearly DIDN'T SEE THE FULL VIDEO.

She did help the white farmer. In fact, she was appalled by the way he was treated by white lawyers and bureaucrats. Thats what made her "see the light" so to speak.

The white farmer credits her with saving his farm and told CNN that she was the nicest person he knows.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:07 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,417 times
My only remark about the situation was directed toward the NAACP when I wrote that "people who live in glass houses should not throw stones", and I stand by that remark.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GALiberal View Post
The first black president of the NAACP wasn't elected until 1975. But you have to keep in mind that the extent of AeroGuyDC's knowledge of the NAACP comes from what O'Reily, Beck, and Hannity tell him every night on Fox News.
Stupid post. If you want to know the truth, I actually watch MSNBC more so that I can be clued in on the liberal perspective. I already know what the conservative perspective is.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:10 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Tom Vilsack should be applying for unemployment in the morning. This administration is the Keystone Kops of politics. The Sherrod affair was like a gift from the gods: an opportunity to rub Fox News' and the Tea Party's noses in the dirt for jumping on this poor woman who, as it turned out, is about as far from a racist as one can get. Instead, they will be eating crow along with the NAACP, and O'Reilly et. al. Political blundering aside, every employee is owed a fair investigation when allegations are made against them. Vilsack's disregard for his employees is appalling and his ineptitude is going to make his own boss look like a fool.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Tom Vilsack should be applying for unemployment in the morning. This administration is the Keystone Kops of politics. The Sherrod affair was like a gift from the gods: an opportunity to rub Fox News' and the Tea Party's noses in the dirt for jumping on this poor woman who, as it turned out, is about as far from a racist as one can get. Instead, they will be eating crow along with the NAACP, and O'Reilly et. al. Political blundering aside, every employee is owed a fair investigation when allegations are made against them. Vilsack's disregard for his employees is appalling and his ineptitude is going to make his own boss look like a fool.
You make good points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies