Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 07:11 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,851,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GALiberal View Post
You clearly DIDN'T SEE THE FULL VIDEO.

She did help the white farmer. In fact, she was appalled by the way he was treated by white lawyers and bureaucrats. Thats what made her "see the light" so to speak.

The white farmer credits her with saving his farm and told CNN that she was the nicest person he knows.
I seen her say that she later realized it was about those that have vs those that doesnt. I also clearly heard her say she took him to "one of his kind"I also heard her say she didnt give him the full resources she could have.

That is great that she finally did help the guy but if she was saying that about me I would be offended.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:12 PM

245 posts, read 586,220 times
Nope.
Comments like hers are unacceptable from a government official.
Actually they should have fired her.

Yes...I'm Black and I still think this.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:13 PM

932 posts, read 1,678,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I've said repeatedly that I don't decry your, or anyones, success. But you still maintain the position that I hate it. What you're exhibiting is exactly why race relations have barely progressed in this nation. You simply can't get past what ails you. I'm not sure what you were raised thinking, but it appears that you believe white people despise black success. You have alot to learn. The scary part is that your a young adult. I would have thought that young adults would be the bearers of a new day in race relations. Obviously, I am way wrong.
I get my lesson's in race relations right here. From older white people like you. Your blind to your own prejudices and I really hope that one day you can overcome them. I see people for who they are from what they say. I have looked at your other posts...not just here and I can INFER from them what you already think about me and my kind.

I'm not going to defend myself against you, someone who hasn't even taken the time to actually read what I have said. You want me to have a victim mentality when actually, I do not and for you to keep trying to twist my words to make it seem like it, says to me a lot about you. I am able to say what I think of you, instead of whites, when in most of your posts about blacks, you generalize.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:14 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,250,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I was wrong to jump on her with out knowing all the facts. In the words of Obama, I acted stupidly. I don't completely fault Breitbart because that was all the tape he had though he did screw up by not finding out more. I think his main point was the audience reaction.....he should have made that clear from the beginning.

Though the audience reaction is still disturbing. The Obama admin owes get an apology too. I should ve followed Beck's lead on this one. Context matters.

Again, give this woman her job back and we need more people like her. I hope her audience learned somethig too
We may disagree on a lot of politics, but I respect you for admitting you jumped to conclusions.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:15 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,790,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
every employee is owed a fair investigation when allegations are made against them.
You are sooo right!

Old 07-20-2010, 07:16 PM

932 posts, read 1,678,048 times
Anyway, everyone jumped the gun on this issue. This woman lost her job over nothing and she has proven what she did 24 years ago was wrong. But people will still make an issue out of it.

1,230 posts, read 1,040,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I was wrong to jump on her with out knowing all the facts. In the words of Obama, I acted stupidly. I don't completely fault Breitbart because that was all the tape he had though he did screw up by not finding out more. I think his main point was the audience reaction.....he should have made that clear from the beginning.

Though the audience reaction is still disturbing. The Obama admin owes get an apology too. I should ve followed Beck's lead on this one. Context matters.

Again, give this woman her job back and we need more people like her. I hope her audience learned somethig too
I repped you for this very fair minded post. It seems that not many of us these days are able to admit it when they are wrong- even after finding out more facts and information on a given subject.

Kudos, and thanks for showing us that there is still such a thing as "a stand up guy" (or gal as the case may be).

202 posts, read 187,441 times
Funny...Brietbart was targeting the NAACP...not Sherod....

5,036 posts, read 5,140,532 times
I will say I think she is a marxist but she is not a racist and should not have been forced to resign. I feel bad that some of this outrage was directed at her and not the audience

Old 07-20-2010, 07:17 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
I get my lesson's in race relations right here. From older white people like you. Your blind to your own prejudices and I really hope that one day you can overcome them. I see people for who they are from what they say. I have looked at your other posts...not just here and I can INFER from them what you already think about me and my kind.

I'm not going to defend myself against you, someone who hasn't even taken the time to actually read what I have said. You want me to have a victim mentality when actually, I do not and for you to keep trying to twist my words to make it seem like it, says to me a lot about you. I am able to say what I think of you, instead of whites, when in most of your posts about blacks, you generalize.
I'd be interested in hearing what you think I think about your "kind." Feel free to paraphrase from my past posts. I'm confident there's nothing racist about anything i've said. If you can prove me wrong, i'll be the first one to concede it. But in doing so, be sure you have the proper context included. I refuse to defend anything that's taken out of context. Those who have tried to paint me as a racist have been thoroughly challenged on that claim. You can expect that I will challenge you on it as well.

Something tells me that your inference is nothing but predisposed thoughts on how white people view black success. For every post that you feel i've denigrated black people, I can show you a post proving you wrong. I've posted on this forum more than you have. I know the topics that have floated through here and I can navigate these waters quite effectively. Feel free to be the first to provide some of my own words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies