Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 07:17 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times

Advertisements

I won't say that I told ya'll so, but I told ya'll so:

Post #7 on the original thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Mr. Sherrod appears to relating a story about her initial reaction to her perceived arrogant treatment by a white client and her less than full force response based upon that perception, but what I find most interesting, and not unexpected considering the Brietbart style of editing, is how it cuts out precisely at the moment that Ms Sherrod is beginning to reveal her own personal revelation about class, as opposed to race.

Carry on.
And that was before I Ms. Sherwood had the chance to refutiate(sic) her story.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:18 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,363,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I was wrong to jump on her with out knowing all the facts. In the words of Obama, I acted stupidly. I don't completely fault Breitbart because that was all the tape he had though he did screw up by not finding out more. I think his main point was the audience reaction.....he should have made that clear from the beginning.

Though the audience reaction is still disturbing. The Obama admin owes get an apology too. I should ve followed Beck's lead on this one. Context matters.

Again, give this woman her job back and we need more people like her. I hope her audience learned somethig too
I think ACORN is hiring!

Old 07-20-2010, 07:18 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,140,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
I repped you for this very fair minded post. It seems that not many of us these days are able to admit it when they are wrong- even after finding out more facts and information on a given subject.

Kudos, and thanks for showing us that there is still such a thing as "a stand up guy" (or gal as the case may be).
I'm no gal lol and really, I was wrong and I can't even try to spin it.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:19 PM

180 posts, read 188,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I seen her say that she later realized it was about those that have vs those that doesnt. I also clearly heard her say she took him to "one of his kind"I also heard her say she didnt give him the full resources she could have.

That is great that she finally did help the guy but if she was saying that about me I would be offended.
Thats the point she was trying to make. She "took him to one of his kind" because her mentality was that blacks helped blacks and whites help whites. Her prejudice was predicated on the assumption that whites would receive preferable treatment from other whites. When she saw that it wasn't the case, she immediately course corrected and changed her views. She should be celebrated for that..not chastised. Most people who would discriminate are entrenched in their hatred. If more people were like her the world would be a better place.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:24 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
The problem here is people love to see someone else get hammered.
The woman was honest about her actions and why. She was also stunned by the fact that the farmer didn't get the anticipated help. The farmer himself feels that she is a good woman, a good person.
I guess that its much easier to hate a person than to try to understand.
She lost her job, she is humiliated by the court of public opinion. What else should we do to her?

Old 07-20-2010, 07:28 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,669,244 times
Looks like another lame attempt at a gotcha moment, just like the parody letter. Don't know who's dumber...folks who believe sound bites or folks who don't understand satire. Maybe a toss up. What a week!

Old 07-20-2010, 07:29 PM

159 posts, read 144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I guess I do not understand how you manage to equate a zero-tolerance for racist commentary policy as "leftist."
I don't know what the hell you are trying to say here. But in any case i was correct about why that video surfaced.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
Bt i the end she is justanither politcally incorrct victim like many others really. It was the Obama administration decison . The NAACP is now acting like FOX deceived tehm which they didn't;the vodeo was out there long before. It was released in reaction to the Tea Party being called racist by the NAACP. Where is the NAACPs respmonse to their release? Nothig but claims and rally pictures.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:30 PM

932 posts, read 1,678,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'd be interested in hearing what you think I think about your "kind." Feel free to paraphrase from my past posts. I'm confident there's nothing racist about anything i've said. If you can prove me wrong, i'll be the first one to concede it. But in doing so, be sure you have the proper context included. I refuse to defend anything that's taken out of context. Those who have tried to paint me as a racist have been thoroughly challenged on that claim. You can expect that I will challenge you on it as well.

Something tells me that your inference is nothing but predisposed thoughts on how white people view black success. For every post that you feel i've denigrated black people, I can show you a post proving you wrong. I've posted on this forum more than you have. I know the topics that have floated through here and I can navigate these waters quite effectively. Feel free to be the first to provide some of my own words.
AeroGuy, you are very good at saying a lot with saying only a little utilizing covert words, phrases and your opinion, that you paint as fact. To say otherwise is an insult to my intelligence.

However, I'm far from stupid and I know how to interpret what I read. There is no need for a challenge because you already know how to win this challenge. you know how to use your words carefully as to not offend outright ie. using the n word, but in subtle ways.

I'm not falling for it. You might have posted here more than I, but I browse the site often without saying a word. You have a reputation with other black posters, and its not a good one.

And you won't answer my DM on stats, which is what started this according to you.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:36 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,715,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I was wrong to jump on her with out knowing all the facts. In the words of Obama, I acted stupidly. I don't completely fault Breitbart because that was all the tape he had though he did screw up by not finding out more. I think his main point was the audience reaction.....he should have made that clear from the beginning.

Though the audience reaction is still disturbing. The Obama admin owes get an apology too. I should ve followed Beck's lead on this one. Context matters.

Again, give this woman her job back and we need more people like her. I hope her audience learned somethig too

Well...I don't give you total credit because you may have WANTED to believe the story. To me it was OBVIOUS that not enough information was there to draw the conclusion that was drawn. Furthermore, even what she said was not an act against a person for being "white" but an act of rooted in a person treating her as being "Inferior".

That said......wthout the full context of the the video how can the audience still be "disturbing"? They were reaacting to THE FULL CONTEXT of her story.....something that they had the benefit of being exposed to by that you do not.

You may be apologizing ONLY because its obvious that you put your foot in your mouth with your assumptions now that the Farmers wife has come out in her defense and her story is out. Yet, you hold onto you crritisim of the NAACP audience because there is no evidence to show that you might have your foot in your mouth for that as well. Again, why do you assume that the FULL context could have helped you make a better judgement of what she was really saying, but the full context does not matter in the audience response?

Again....you don't need me to accept your apology as I am not the arbiter for that.....but to me you are half stepping....still attempting to hold onto the "good feeling" of the NAACP promoting or condoning racism to counter or offset claims of racism against the Tea Party or whites in general. That is why you are still holding onto that NAACP audience "cheer", even though you don't have full context.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies