Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 06:46 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GALiberal View Post
Here are some more outrageous quotes from this black David Duke in a dress.

"God helped me to see thats its not just about black people. It's about poor people."

My god..she is worst than the Klan.

"I've come a long way. I knew that I couldn't live with hate."

"I've come to realize that we have to work together. Its sad that we don't have a room full of whites and blacks here tonight. Because we have to overcome the divisions that we have. We have to get to the point where, as Toni Morrison says, race exists but it doesn't matter."
She speaking to the NAACP for God's sakes! She knew who her audience was! White people?! Give me a break! The NAACP is one of the most racially divisive outfits out there!

Old 07-20-2010, 06:49 PM

932 posts, read 1,678,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why would it make me cringe? That's the whole problem. You obviously seem to believe that white people abhor a black person succeeding. Why do you feel this way? I'm glad that you're succeeding. The future of this nation depends on it. I think it makes you cringe knowing that us white people aren't as bad as you think we are. What were you told as a kid? That we're the devil who never want you to succeed at anything?
No, I think that You abhor it.

However, I know way more white people than you probably know black. I went to a majority white college and am in a field of profession where most teachers are white. I live in a mostly white suburban area of Philly, and like I said my family is white and black. You and me are two different people. I was raised color blind, while you hold some sort of grudge. And your posts are evident!

Please stop talking to me on this thread unless you would like to DM me.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:51 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
The audience was still the NAACP. The audience still cheered her anti-white actions. For that reason, this story is not without merit. While she herself may not be a racist, its clear that "racist elements" are alive and well. I didn't hear any boos or verbal disdain from the crowd. I heard muffled cheers and laughing. For that reason, Sherrod may get a pass, but the NAACP does not. Amazingly, Sherrod herself blames the NAACP for her conflict.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:52 PM

202 posts, read 187,441 times
No way...she was in effect 'bragging' and not one of the NAACP leaders at that speech protested or rebuked her story...instead,they applauded....and she made light of it trying to make jokes.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:53 PM

932 posts, read 1,678,048 times
Quote:
She speaking to the NAACP for God's sakes! She knew who her audience was! White people?! Give me a break! The NAACP is one of the most racially divisive outfits out there!
The NAACP was founded by several white people and also had a white female chapter president. The NAACP also has Hispanic chapters within its ranks.

2,095 posts, read 2,582,915 times
Is this a joke?

She should be thrown in jail for 1) extorting the federal government of millions of dollars in a frivolous lawsuit and 2) admitting to denying help to someone initially because he was White.

180 posts, read 188,610 times
Quote:
White people are welcomed in the NAACP and have always been but fine I'll give you that...now admit that you were duped by Breitbart

Old 07-20-2010, 06:54 PM

57 posts, read 81,139 times
That's nuts. If the lady was white and acted like that towards a black person you'd be screaming to have her house burned down.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:57 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,140,532 times
True but many of us jumped on her and we shouldnt have. She rose above much if what we hate, and some of our quick reactions and mis placed harsh words were wrong.
The obama admin screwed up too by forcing her out.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:57 PM

180 posts, read 188,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
The NAACP was founded by several white people and also had a white female chapter president. The NAACP also has Hispanic chapters within its ranks.
The first black president of the NAACP wasn't elected until 1975. But you have to keep in mind that the extent of AeroGuyDC's knowledge of the NAACP comes from what O'Reily, Beck, and Hannity tell him every night on Fox News.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies