Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 02:41 PM

47 posts, read 35,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The fact that she was so colloquial in relating this story suggests to me that she was comfortable in espousing these views in the NAACP setting. In other words, she seemed to find nothing wrong with her actions at the behest of a white farmer; in fact, she felt it was a good enough story that a room full of black people would get a kick out of it.
Have you ever sat back to think why many Blacks feel the way they do? Or are you just a knee jerk reactionary that thinks everything has been equal up to this point in American society and Blacks are doing this to be "racist"..

Old 07-20-2010, 02:41 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,489,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Communist Data View Post
In my ways? Right, take a look at yourself, you know what you're doing.
yep, your ways. Aren't you into the collective thing?

Old 07-20-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
yep, your ways. Aren't you into the collective thing?
Are you? and when I say collective I mean marching with your friends who keep their hands at a 90 Degree angle. I've seen your posts I know what you're doing. Walking that fine line.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:44 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,544,265 times
Quote:
The fact that she was so colloquial in relating this story suggests to me that she was comfortable in espousing these views in the NAACP setting. In other words, she seemed to find nothing wrong with her actions at the behest of a white farmer; in fact, she felt it was a good enough story that a room full of black people would get a kick out of it.
I'll respectfully hold off on any comments on this issue
until I hear something from the Dynamic Duo on racial
issues Jessie Jackson & Al Sharpton

What ever could they be doing not to guide us through
this unspeakable act

do you think they might have gotten a real full time job

Old 07-20-2010, 02:46 PM

919 posts, read 1,680,589 times
Quote:
What is wrong with u dude?...She didn't work for the USDA when this happened...so she was not in a position of power as she was....it was when she worked for a non-profit....

I don't agree with what she did, but I have enough logic to realize the whole context of this story is not in the 38 sec. worth of video. Even the white farmer's wife said they were very good friends....

Most of you are reacting off of emotion...never thought that a black person would actually have the audacity to think about what her own experience was when she was dealing with this white farmer...

I know from my interactions with white people on CD will make me think twice when I interact with white people in public.

and for the record there are 3 white women that I love with all of my heart and have played instrumental parts in my life.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Are you? and when I say collective I mean marching with your friends who keep their hands at a 90 Degree angle. I've seen your posts I know what you're doing. Walking that fine line.
Should I address you as comrade? Your screen name says I should. Aren't the commies into the collective destruction of a civilization?

Old 07-20-2010, 02:49 PM

38,655 posts, read 26,467,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Which poster indicated in this thread they had no problem in what this women said? Maybe I missed it.

You have done nothing but deflect, minimize, rationalize and excuse this woman's hate and the crowd's obvious approval.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Should I address you as comrade? Your screen name says I should. Aren't the commies into the collective destruction of a civilization?
I figured you'd be confused by my handle. NO surprise there.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:50 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,185,022 times
Quote:
Have you ever sat back to think why many Blacks feel the way they do? Or are you just a knee jerk reactionary that thinks everything has been equal up to this point in American society and Blacks are doing this to be "racist"..
"Why" is irrelevant. She did it, that's all that matters. That's why she no longer has a job.

She doesn't get a free pass.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I figured you'd be confused by my handle. NO surprise there.
Not confused at all, just confirming my suspicions. Try and stay on topic though, you are dragging this way off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies