Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 07:27 PM

563 posts, read 1,286,708 times

Advertisements

Pathetic how some posters here kind of shrug off the Iraq war as a "mistake" ooops, we didn't really mean to kill a million of your people and totally destroy your infrastructure, well Moderator cut: language happens. now we can't leave because we have to save face.
Oh, let's just expand our agressions into Afghanistan and kill "them Muslims" with remote controlled drones.
Oh, and while we are in the region, lets just blow up Iran, since the Isrealis don't like them. There is no gap between Isreal and the US, so whatever netanyoohoo says, the US does.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 08-05-2010 at 11:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 07:41 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
This might sound harsh, but I'm more concerned with the Iraqis being killed then any member of the US military. Your brother willingly joined the millitary, and was trained and paid to KILL people. The average Iraqi was an innocent person minding their own business when their country happened to be invaded one days by a bunch of terrorist fighting for a Eretz Israel and companies connected to the big wigs in the US government.

NO my brother was NOT paid to kill people he was paid to set up computer systems and was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was traveling with a technical caravan when they were ambushed by those Iraqi you care so much about and out right murdered. My brother never killed anyone, he was not trained in combat, he was a freakin computer geek and was killed for being on the wrong road but oh yeah feel badly for those Iraqis.

So many speak about stuff they know NOTHING about and make ridiculous assumptions again about things they do NOT know. It is disgusting how little people care about men and woman that would lay their own lives on the line you for you. If you have not been there you have ZERO right to speak about it, ZERO!!! Absolutely disgusting.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:58 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,032,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
This might sound harsh, but I'm more concerned with the Iraqis being killed then any member of the US military. Your brother willingly joined the millitary, and was trained and paid to KILL people. The average Iraqi was an innocent person minding their own business when their country happened to be invaded one days by a bunch of terrorist fighting for a Eretz Israel and companies connected to the big wigs in the US government.
ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME?!

Do you have ANY idea of the variety of jobs in the military? I doubt you've ever even set foot on a base. These are the same people who will strap themselves, or children, with explosives and press the button near their target, killing the target and anyone else nearby. They dont care if its a child or not.

Youd value this over your own people?! ONCE AGAIN mindsets like yours never fail to make me absolutely sick to my stomach. Soldiers are people too, NOT the mindless killing drones you seem to have the image of entrenched into your thick skull. And as Cyber Queen pointed out, not all of them are trained to fight.

I truly hope I never hear anyone express such views in my presence, and certainly not toward my guys. I'll end up in jail sure as the world....

Old 08-05-2010, 11:05 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME?!

Do you have ANY idea of the variety of jobs in the military? I doubt you've ever even set foot on a base. These are the same people who will strap themselves, or children, with explosives and press the button near their target, killing the target and anyone else nearby. They dont care if its a child or not.

Youd value this over your own people?! ONCE AGAIN mindsets like yours never fail to make me absolutely sick to my stomach. Soldiers are people too, NOT the mindless killing drones you seem to have the image of entrenched into your thick skull. And as Cyber Queen pointed out, not all of them are trained to fight.

I truly hope I never hear anyone express such views in my presence, and certainly not toward my guys. I'll end up in jail sure as the world....
Obviously many soldiers don't either.
Rape a girl and murder her family - family values?
Abu Graib.
Waterboarding.

Put yourself in their place, if someone declared war on my country for no reason, invaded and started killing my family and friends, I'm sure you'd do whatever it took to get rid of them.

Threatening violence? Join the military, you'll fit right in. You can commit violence and kill those who disagree with the way you think without any problem.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:13 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
NO my brother was NOT paid to kill people he was paid to set up computer systems and was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was traveling with a technical caravan when they were ambushed by those Iraqi you care so much about and out right murdered. My brother never killed anyone, he was not trained in combat, he was a freakin computer geek and was killed for being on the wrong road but oh yeah feel badly for those Iraqis.

So many speak about stuff they know NOTHING about and make ridiculous assumptions again about things they do NOT know. It is disgusting how little people care about men and woman that would lay their own lives on the line you for you. If you have not been there you have ZERO right to speak about it, ZERO!!! Absolutely disgusting.
I am sorry to hear about your brother CQ, but it makes it worse for me that we are losing so many young people while fighting a war we should never have entered into in the first place.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Obviously many soldiers don't either.
Rape a girl and murder her family - family values?
Abu Graib.
Waterboarding.

Put yourself in their place, if someone declared war on my country for no reason, invaded and started killing my family and friends, I'm sure you'd do whatever it took to get rid of them.

Threatening violence? Join the military, you'll fit right in. You can commit violence and kill those who disagree with the way you think without any problem.
Oh you are so right like these horrible acts.

Uday: career of rape, torture and murder | World news | The Guardian

Quote:
He was a monster even by the standards of Saddam Hussein's Iraq, a sadist with a taste for cruelty so extreme that even his father was forced to acknowledge that his first-born son would not be a worthy heir. And yet for all that Uday Saddam Hussein symbolised the brutality of the Iraqi regime, his powers were severely circumscribed. Although he retained the privileges of the much-indulged son of a dictator, he was shunted from the real centres of power in the military and security services by his quieter, younger brother Qusay.
Crimes of Saddam Hussein

Quote:
On July 8, 1982, Saddam Hussein was visiting the town of Dujail (50 miles north of Baghdad) when a group of Dawa militants shot at his motorcade. In reprisal for this assassination attempt, the entire town was punished. More than 140 fighting-age men were apprehended and never heard from again. Approximately 1,500 other townspeople, including children, were rounded up and taken to prison, where many were tortured. After a year or more in prison, many were exiled to a southern desert camp. The town itself was destroyed; houses were bulldozed and orchards were demolished.

Oh wait these were Saddam and his sons. Duh how could I be so dumb, I though Iraq was a peaceful nation.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I am sorry to hear about your brother CQ, but it makes it worse for me that we are losing so many young people while fighting a war we should never have entered into in the first place.

I am in no way defending the war just my brother and all the others like him.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:49 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Oh wait these were Saddam and his sons. Duh how could I be so dumb, I though Iraq was a peaceful nation.
Quote:
I am in no way defending the war....

Old 08-05-2010, 11:58 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,826 times
I truly hope I never hear anyone express such views in my presence, and certainly not toward my guys. I'll end up in jail sure as the world....[/quote]

Your not alone on your thoughts here.........

Old 08-06-2010, 07:21 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,473,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You'd have to read the entire thread to understand (not that you haven't, but it makes sense to me); I believe she was responding not to you but to a running commentary by other posters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies