Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2010, 09:01 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times

Advertisements

Why give a lunatic fringe group, such as the Family Research Council, any credibility? They're a bunch of homophobes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 09:04 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Why give a lunatic fringe group, such as the Family Research Council, any credibility? They're a bunch of homophobes.
I don't give them credibility, but I do think it's important to talk about what they're doing because they represent the views of a significant segment of the American population, and they do it under the guise of representing "families" - as if gay people aren't part of families too.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:07 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
Amtrak has many ads , ive found 2 recent ones for the Northeast. Amtrak ridership is up on all US lines even outside the NE. Alot of lines don't need that much or no subsides at all. The First ad targets business Travelers , which Amtrak has captured 23% of the Northeast Corridor Region's Business Traveler trips. The Second ad Targets Families. I couldn't find the AA or Spanish ads.

YouTube - Amtrak Acela 2009 TV Commercial

Old 08-04-2010, 09:29 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post

How so? I haven't seen anything to suggest that they have an irrational fear of homosexuals.

Are you EVER going to actually prove any of your outrageous claims or are you going to just continue to slander them?

Old 08-04-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
How so? I haven't seen anything to suggest that they have an irrational fear of homosexuals.
lol... Every time someone says something like, "gays are disgusting", I'd say that would indicate an irrational fear of homosexuals.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:36 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Oh you have a homosexual agenda alright. Have gays been excluded from riding trains? Do they ask everyone's sexual oreferance when you buy your ticket? Homosexuals are nothing but all about sex and it is what they continue to push to seperate themselves from normal society. Normal people do not feel they need to advertise themselves by their sex life.

So, Walt Whitman, Oscar Wilde, Sappho, Alexander the Great, Gertrude Stein, Cole Porter, Radcliffe Hall, Socrates, Leonardo Da Vinci, Colette, Valentino, George Sand, Tchaikovsky among others were "nothing but all about sex"?

Don't get out much, do you?

Old 08-04-2010, 09:37 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
lol... Every time someone says something like, "gays are disgusting", I'd say that would indicate an irrational fear of homosexuals.

Did the FRC say that? Have they made that statement on their website?

Old 08-04-2010, 09:44 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,344 times
Quote:
Could you elaborate? What groups has the FRC or any Christian group "bashed" recently?

So you don't care if I teach your kids something you don't approve of? You don't care what influences your family sees?

No...we are attempting to stand up and let our voices be heard regarding what is considered moral and immoral. This issue with Amtrak....is anyone trying to pass any laws regarding it? Amtrak is a private organization--and they can do what they want, and the FRC has the right to do what they want in regards to it.

lol...ok.

I agree that they should try to reach everyone--not just Christians, not just gays...not just ANYONE in particular. That's what makes this so interesting...by gearing advertising at a very small minority they're alienating a much larger demographic.
Again...so you admit, you are trying to legislate MORALITY! Define morality without the words, Bible, God, Jesus Christ....seeing has how this the the second time I've asked you to do this....you didn't the first time [equating morality to God], I doubt you'll answer me again. Morality has nothing to do with God or the Bible. Morals are personal and are evolved for a highly complex meshing of experiences and thoughts and faith [which may or may not include God/the Bible]. what about the billions of HUMANS who do not read the Bible, who are not Christian....do they not have morals? Should we ban them...because, how could they possibly be good people, they aren't even Christian, heck, they don't even acknowledge the Word of God. I could make a blanket statement and say all non-Catholic Christians will burn in H-E double hockeysticks for turing their back on Christ's Church on earth. But how do you think the world would respond to that. Given your SN, you're not Catholic...you probably wouldn't like it very much, but if I believed it to be true, then I wouldn't care what you think, cause, I know what's gonna happen to you, and I'm the one who's saved by the virtue of being baptized into the Holy, Roman and Apostalic Chruch, founded by Christ himself and bestowed upon Saint Peter.

and I had to take a phone call, so I was distracted...but my point is, legislatating one version of morality, when you can't even define morality, is inane and inept and the last resort of desperation.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:48 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,871,484 times
Can someone explain to me why being gay is 'immoral'? I don't mean 'it says so in the bible' I mean specifically why?

Old 08-04-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Did the FRC say that? Have they made that statement on their website?
No, but I wasn't referring to the FRC. I was referring to some of the posters here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies