Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2010, 05:03 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
"Gay lifestyle beliefs"? Please define for me.
Equal rights for all people is all that anyone looks for or expects.
So sorry that you feel that not all people deserve the same rights as others.
Does that make you special?
chielgirl, be honest: You would not tolerate "equal rights" of public tax dollars being used to target members the "moral majority" or the Catholic bishops and nuns only to ride Amtrak would you? How is this advertising targeting gay potential Amtrak customers any different (other than it being an agenda which you personally support)?

Furthermore, will you please prove where anyone is trying to keep gays from riding Amtrak?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 05:07 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
chielgirl, be honest: You would not tolerate "equal rights" of public tax dollars being used to target members the "moral majority" or the Catholic bishops and nuns only to ride Amtrak would you? How is this advertising targeting gay potential Amtrak customers any different (other than it being an agenda which you personally support)?
But... but... but...

By targeting gays, aren't they already targeting the "moral majority" and Catholic bishops?

Old 08-03-2010, 05:07 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caswell View Post
Dear twista...I started to join in, but everyone has done such a fine job at neutering you already...however, I am compelled to share my experience with those that are confronting you. We all probably know how train rides are a popular activity in the gay community currently...with all that promiscuity taking place, it appears to be intoxicating for those like you and public behavior is affected adversely... you know, kind of like a gay pride parade only on a smaller scale. Then straight folks have to endure and explain your addictions...what really annoys me is that you want to pick on public whatever services where you can apply the equal rights crowbar...when the reality is that majority of mankind is just not ready for all that gay acting out...I am not a homophobe (so forget your first line of defense) but your agenda is scary and you secretly hope that it is never accomplished...if it were, you could not be the enlightened counter culture implement that you regard yourself now.
Interesting first post.
Tell me, new poster, what part of Amtrak is marketing to the gay community do you not understand?
I know that no GLBT can be in public and remained clothed - they must fornicate with every other member of the community just to harass hets.
Please explain what your diatribe about "gay acting out" that is inaccurate btw, has to do with Amtrak soliciting riders.
You post that you're not a homophobe, could have fooled me.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:08 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
But... but... but...

By targeting gays, aren't they already targeting the "moral majority" and Catholic bishops?

HA! touché sir, touché.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:10 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
You assume too much about me...me special?....hardly. I'm merely responding to your statement about keeping ones religion to ones self and out of everyone elses life. If, in your world, religion should be private and kept to one self then shouldnt sexual preference be afforded the same?
BTW, I'm not against gays or gay marraige.....its not for me...but I could care less what someone does in the privacy of their own home[relationship].
I asked you to define "gay lifestyle beliefs." You seem to know what they are, because you posted those words. I'm hoping that you'll share with us.

You will keep your heterosexuality to yourself, read my other post about it.

Religion is a man-made construct; sexuality isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
No really you need to get out of your cave, because at least where I live, over half the things you listed gays CAN do....
Not in the military, and not in many other places.
That is not equality.

BTW, think you might ever be able to address a post to me without personal or negative attacks?

Old 08-03-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Dear twista...I started to join in, but everyone has done such a fine job at neutering you already...however, I am compelled to share my experience with those that are confronting you. We all probably know how train rides are a popular activity in the gay community currently...with all that promiscuity taking place, it appears to be intoxicating for those like you and public behavior is affected adversely... you know, kind of like a gay pride parade only on a smaller scale. Then straight folks have to endure and explain your addictions...what really annoys me is that you want to pick on public whatever services where you can apply the equal rights crowbar...when the reality is that majority of mankind is just not ready for all that gay acting out...I am not a homophobe (so forget your first line of defense) but your agenda is scary and you secretly hope that it is never accomplished...if it were, you could not be the enlightened counter culture implement that you regard yourself now.

wait...you're not a homophobe? this post wreaks of "I hate the gays" syndrome.

and Pray-tell, where have you seen gays having fornicated in public....oh you must mean the republican senators and anti-gay pastors who get it on with their rent-a-boys in the airports bathrooms.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:13 PM

720 posts, read 691,276 times
Go to San Fran...just saying...

Old 08-03-2010, 05:14 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Still waiting for that proof that anyone is trying to stop gays from riding Amtrak. Still waiting fro proof that it is somehow permissible to target market to one special interest group with public tax dollars but not others.

crickets........

Hypocrisy!

Old 08-03-2010, 05:16 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
You're not a homophobe? You're not scared of gays?

But their "agenda is scary?"

Isn't that a lot like saying that you're not afraid of sharks, but their agenda is scary?

Old 08-03-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Still waiting for that proof that anyone is trying to stop gays from riding Amtrak. Still waiting fro proof that it is somehow permissible to target market to one special interest group with public tax dollars but not others.

crickets........

Hypocrisy!

https://www.frcaction.org//get.cfm?r...ort=80&track=0

July 13, 2010 - Tuesday
If there was ever proof that the Obama Administration has gone off the rails, it's Amtrak. For the first time in the train service's history, Amtrak has decided to spend a quarter-million dollars recruiting homosexual passengers. As you may know, Amtrak isn't a private business. This is a government-run business, meaning that this $250,000 is taken directly from taxpayers' pockets. In a very real sense, this ad campaign is a federal endorsement of homosexual behavior -- one of the most serious public health threats in America. Using taxpayer funds to promote this ad campaign is insulting to the millions of Americans who have deeply-held moral convictions against homosexuality. Yet Washington is targeting the demographically small homosexual population-probably because marketing surveys suggest it is also one of the richest. So let's be honest. This Administration is more interested in riding the gravy train than getting the culture back on track.
Please contact senior officials at Amtrak and ask them to stop this campaign using your tax dollars!
Thank you and God bless you.

What were you saying about hypocrisy?

A simple google search would have gotten you your answer. Welcome to the information age...the world at your fingertips...and the end of ignorance. What a glorious world we inhabit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies