Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 04:55 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times

Advertisements

For gosh sakes just stop. About the color issue please, here we go again, being white or being black, will not change who the person is, their being, their make, their personality, their integrity, comes down to the person being who they are inside. Obama is not a threat based on the color of his skin, comes down to his beliefs, which we know only to well, are not the beliefs we believe in. He has divided this Contry, being part black and white, whether he believes he has white or not, their is a division going on, that i have not seen in quite a while.The color of one's skin does not change your ideals, that again comes from within. Integrity being white or black, or any other color, is extremely important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 05:04 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,082,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Obama never portrayed himself as black only. Other people did. Obama's been telling people his mother is a white American and his father a Kenyan ever since he was a Senator. He also wrote all about his mixed heritage in "Dreams of My Father" and the pressure from, again, other people to pick one side.
No one said he denied that his mother was white. that is not what people are even talking about. We are talking about the fact that he identifies himself as black... not black/white....

And who cares if he had pressures from other people, he ultimately decided he was to be black. Well, I don't accept that, since I don't follow the jim crow laws anymore.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:28 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Honestly, I'm not sure. I think he is trying to do the best he can with what he's got. Now, that being said, I think that if he wants the AA vote again, he will have to change a little, to better suit their needs and wants. It's ALWAYS politics with these guys, all of them. All of them promise the world, then hardly ever deliver.....
Cringe.

I hope we are not so shallow a nation of people, that politicians need to pander to us based upon our racial make-up. whatever happened to voting a person based upon their vision for the country and the merit of their character, and their ideas?

Old 08-03-2010, 06:05 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,368,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Cringe.

I hope we are not so shallow a nation of people, that politicians need to pander to us based upon our racial make-up. whatever happened to voting a person based upon their vision for the country and the merit of their character, and their ideas?
Right on, Obama could be a albino and I still would not have supported him. There was not a dimes difference in policy between him and Hillary. His mixed race means nothing to me.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:05 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,280,661 times
Well, I guess he wouldn't like fried chicken and watermellon.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:10 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
What if Obama was a Republican... I can see liberals calling him out and Republicans defending him... ironic that the people here on this forum only care if you are a (D) or a (R) and don't see it themselves but I do...

Old 08-03-2010, 08:10 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,412,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
The first POTUS with someone in his cabinet of every race and religion. Yep, he sounds like a real bigot to me..
But no cabinet-level experience of any kind in the free enterprise system. He is a real bigot--towards the business of America.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:19 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What if 0bama were white, and he, or those in his administration had asked prominent black democrats politicians, not to run for public office, to resign, or even supported their white, non-Democratic Party opponents, as he has done with Gov. Patterson, Rep. Rangle, Rep. Harold Ford, Rep. Kendrick Meeks, Sen. Burris and Alan Greene? BTW, is Maxine Waters the next?

What if 0bama were white and he had fired people simply because white bloggers released selected videos of them, people like Van Jones and Shirley Sherrod?

What is up with all these people of color being thrown under the bus? I don't see a lot of white folk under them bus wheels, even his former mentor, inspiration and pillar of religious fortitude, Rev. Wright, is under the bus.

Every other month or so the Congressional Black Caucus has a new bone to pick with 0bama, even going so far as prompt Jim Clyburn to say 0bama’s inner circle keeps “screwing up” on race: He needs some black people around him.”
If obama was white then you would never know his name. In the senate for all of 2 years and became president. No you wouldnt know him if he was white. He got elected because he is black.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:23 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,362 times
He'd be an illegal alien living off of the US government.

Oh wait, that's what he is now.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:08 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
For one thing if it has been sghown he had attended a white chucrh with simlar views of Rev Wrihgt on any other race ;he would never hyave been the nomonee and certainly not president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies