Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 04:30 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
President Bush surprises the troops | Facebook

Hot Air » Photos: Bush surprises returning troops at Dallas airport

Im sorry, but you cant fake this. You cant fake George W. Bush's view and respect for our military. With Barry, it has the feel of a publicity stunt for photo ops. You dont get that realness feeling to it.

While I disagree with some of Bush's ideology and actions, he earned a lot of respect from me for his love for the military servicemen.

God bless George W. Bush and I have to give it to him for letting Barry do his thing and not getting involved. A president has enough fire coming from all directions usually that they dont need an ex-prez to chime in. Though Barry has only recently really started to get much heat from the media but thats a different story.

George and his wife have been very classy. I think they are wrong on some things politically, but they are classy.
Through 2008, 4221 Americans died in Bush's little war of choice in Iraq. I'm sure the families of the dead all appreciate the chimp very much. After all, doesn't everybody want to die needlessly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 04:33 PM

8 posts, read 3,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Bush has never shown respect for our troops. From the Iraq war lie in which 4000 died and tens of thousands more crippled to their treatment at Walter Reed medical center to the treatment of iraq war vets after they returned home to the lack of proper equipment during the war, Bush always had an excuse. He's a liar and a coward.
How are things out there in left field? All by yourself, you say!!! Yes, it is a bit lonesome out there by yourself. No Fly balls, just lots of nuts.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Through 2008, 4221 Americans died in Bush's little war of choice in Iraq. I'm sure the families of the dead all appreciate the chimp very much. After all, doesn't everybody want to die needlessly?
And numbers from 2009 through 2010 ? And how many visits did Obama have with the troops ?

He seems to spend more time in DC firing his Generals that disagree with him.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:41 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And numbers from 2009 through 2010 ? And how many visits did Obama have with the troops ?

He seems to spend more time in DC firing his Generals that disagree with him.
Numbers of dead in Iraq through Obama's time: 193..

All troops in Iraq and Afghanistan should be brought home NOW

Old 08-13-2010, 04:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Numbers of dead in Iraq through Obama's time: 193..

All troops in Iraq and Afghanistan should be brought home NOW
They should have been brought home 1/21/2009 if you were to ask my opinion. Why this is dragging out is beyond me. We didn't win, we won't win and we are beyond saving face.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:45 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,655,228 times
And let's all remember, especially the liberals, that the President does not have the authority to order a war. It has to be voted on and approved by Congress and that includes your democrat cronies.

Obama has nothing but contempt and arrogance towards the people and the troops too.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:46 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
He surprised the **** out of the families of the ones he got killed, when they learned that their kids had been suckered into dying for a lie.

Not to mention the collateral, I mean scuse me the Iraqis. Oh man, you shoulda seen their faces! hahahahahahaha!

Old 08-13-2010, 04:53 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
He surprised the **** out of the families of the ones he got killed, when they learned that their kids had been suckered into dying for a lie.

Not to mention the collateral, I mean scuse me the Iraqis. Oh boy, you shoulda seen their faces! hahahahahahaha!

Yeah, it was all this big lie that Bush came up with and some how persuaded Congress to vote for war.

No one is saying there wasnt faulty intelligence, but to come up with this baseless "lie" nonsense is ridiculous. Out of all of those who HATED Bush, all the media that HATED Bush, if there was evidence of this "lie" itd be out there and he'd face charges. There was no lie.

Like I said Congress voted for this. Many on both sides of the aisle thought war was the right thing to do at the time, based on the evidence THEY saw.

The continuing bs of these "lie" conspiracy theories, and putting every thing at the foot of one man when evidence clearly shows not only was the war not his sole doing but the state of the economy was not solely his fault either, is cowardly and ignorant.

But why is it I have a feeling you and others will still spew this baseless, false, garbage?

Old 08-13-2010, 04:55 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
And let's all remember, especially the liberals, that the President does not have the authority to order a war. It has to be voted on and approved by Congress and that includes your democrat cronies.

Obama has nothing but contempt and arrogance towards the people and the troops too.
A little confused are ya? Just WHO do you think made the final go/no go decision after Congress approved funding? What part of Commander in Chief are you having difficulty with?

Old 08-13-2010, 04:56 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
No one is saying there wasnt faulty intelligence,
[...]
the right thing to do at the time, based on the evidence THEY saw
[...]
evidence clearly shows not only was the war not his sole doing
Well, you're right about that. You need to keep reading on that "faulty intelligence" business, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies