Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 10:51 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,340,182 times

Advertisements

So much for his claims to increase our global popularity.

Quote:
The poll of nearly 4,000 people, done in conjunction with Zogby International, was conducted between June 29 and July 20 in six Middle Eastern countries: Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Lebanon, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

Of those surveyed, 62 per cent said they had a negative view of Obama, compared with 23 per cent a year ago.

Only 20 per cent said they had a positive view of him, a drop from the 45 per cent who said they felt positively about Obama in 2009.
For a summary of the results of the public opinion poll, read here:
Survey: Arabs lose faith in Obama - Focus - Al Jazeera English

To see the actual poll data, read here:
http://english.aljazeera.net/mritems...ll_telhami.pdf

This is also disturbing:
Quote:
A majority of the Arab public now see a nuclear-armed Iran as being better for the Middle East
I guess the only people left who still like Obama and his policies are left-wing loons and illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 10:54 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,834,003 times
Yawn

Old 08-15-2010, 10:55 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,475,124 times
Be realistic; if he was popular among Middle Easterners, you'd have posted a thread instead about how Obama is pandering to the "enemy".

Old 08-15-2010, 10:55 AM

852 posts, read 1,359,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
So much for his claims to increase our global popularity.

For a summary of the results of the public opinion poll, read here:
Survey: Arabs lose faith in Obama - Focus - Al Jazeera English

To see the actual poll data, read here:
http://english.aljazeera.net/mritems...ll_telhami.pdf

This is also disturbing:

I guess the only people left who still like Obama and his policies are left-wing loons and illegals.
Or maybe its just people that can read between the lines and aren't shortsighted. And by the way, many of you said that international opinion didn't matter because they aren't citizens of this country. You can't have it both ways so which is it?

Old 08-15-2010, 11:00 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,340,182 times
This is just another of Obama's campaign promises that he's failed to deliver on.

Just pointing out facts as inconvenient as they may be for Obamatrons.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:01 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,421,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Be realistic; if he was popular among Middle Easterners, you'd have posted a thread instead about how Obama is pandering to the "enemy".
You might be right in what you say, BUT one of the major improvements cited by Obama supporters is that Obama supposedly has raised America's reputation and standing in the international community.

Whether this touchy-feely metric is important or not, the simple fact demonstrated by this poll is that Obama's repeated apology tours, bowing to kings and emporors, and diminishment of American exceptionalism IS NOT WORKING to improve America's position in the world.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:18 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,568,843 times
I was in Morocco in July. When people found out I was an American the first thing they did was praise President Obama so I'll believe my personal experience over this poll.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:19 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,998,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
This is also disturbing:

Naw, the furthest left Progressive/Communists don't like Obama either. He has failed to deliver enough for them. Gibbs was telling the truth on that one.

Only those who stand to gain financially or politically by supporting his policies, illegal aliens, and those still in line at the Kool-Aid punch bowl defend Obama now.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:22 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,714,513 times
The Middle Easterners don't love Obama? Oh, I'm so distressed!

Give me a break. I would love to see the reaction from right-wingers if polls said that Middle Easterners approved of Obama.

What rubbish.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:24 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
You might be right in what you say, BUT one of the major improvements cited by Obama supporters is that Obama supposedly has raised America's reputation and standing in the international community.

Whether this touchy-feely metric is important or not, the simple fact demonstrated by this poll is that Obama's repeated apology tours, bowing to kings and emporors, and diminishment of American exceptionalism IS NOT WORKING to improve America's position in the world.
If you do some research of recent statistics on this, you'll find that he has dramatically improved America's standing over his predecessor in much of the world.

Helpful hint: the world consists of more places than just the Middle East.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies