Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 01:07 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Bull, I have read Muslim Leaders and Scholars and seen them on their TV programmes in the Middle East.
So, if I watch, The Christian Broadcast network, a few televangelist read a couple of books, I'm qualified to discuss the goals of Christianity? Thanks for proving my point.

Quote:
The real question is why are you so slow to understand its global objectives and push for global sharia which cannot tolerate any other system - period - and why do you seemingly always come to Islam's defence?
Considering that you don't know me, have no foreknowledge of what I know about Islam, what I think about Islam, when I became aware of Islam, and have never to my knowledge corresponded with me about any of the above, I think it is save to assume that your knowledge of Islam is no more facile than your knowledge of me and what I think, what I know and what I have experienced?

Thanks again for proving my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 01:08 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Why do you and others think this is a competiton with Christianity and Islam? Another strawman.
Its not a strawman.

Look, the poster I commented on, and I was responding too said that Islam is bad, because the Qur'an says to kill infidels.

By the same logic, Christianity is bad because it says to kill non believers.

I don't look down at either religion for this. I find it funny when the followers will then say "Every word is the word of God" yet when you bring these verses up, suddenly, they don't follow them, or make up some lame excuse as why they don't.

The real reason people don't kill infidels or non believers is because they know its wrong, and its not the word of God.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:10 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
So, if I watch, The Christian Broadcast network, a few televangelist read a couple of books, I'm qualified to discuss the goals of Christianity? Thanks for proving my point.

Considering that you don't know me, have no foreknowledge of what I know about Islam, what I think about Islam, when I became aware of Islam, and have never to my knowledge corresponded with me about any of the above, I think it is save to assume that your knowledge of Islam is no more facile than your knowledge of me and what I think, what I know and what I have experienced?

Thanks again for proving my point.
My response was to Memphis. I even quoted her.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
What is this - who said anything about hating all muslims - is that what you reduce every thread about Islam too?
You may not call it hate, but it has all of the aspects of hate.

People don't understand it, or want to. They lump everyone into one group, instead of focusing on the small percentage who actually does bad things.

It'd be a prejudice if Islam didn't spread across many cultures and races.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:11 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Lightbulb The Difference between Muslim and Muslin...

... isn't clear to birthers and other radical nutjobs.

Oh, yeah?

Old 08-15-2010, 01:15 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
frankly they were not that interested until you blew up NYC.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:17 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Its not a strawman.

Look, the poster I commented on, and I was responding too said that Islam is bad, because the Qur'an says to kill infidels.

By the same logic, Christianity is bad because it says to kill non believers.

I don't look down at either religion for this. I find it funny when the followers will then say "Every word is the word of God" yet when you bring these verses up, suddenly, they don't follow them, or make up some lame excuse as why they don't.

The real reason people don't kill infidels or non believers is because they know its wrong, and its not the word of God.
No one mentioned Christianity - you brought it up out of no where. As if to negate the premise of the poster. Your response was irrelevent and in order to win the point you made it sound as if it was a competition with Christianity - as if that was the argument at hand - it was not therefore it was a strawman.

You do not look down at a religion that calls for the subjugation, humiliation, or murder of non-muslims - seems worthy of looking down on to me.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
No one mentioned Christianity - you brought it up out of no where. As if to negate the premise of the poster. Your response was irrelevent and in order to win the point you made it sound as if it was a competition with Christianity - as if that was the argument at hand - it was not therefore it was a strawman.

You do not look down at a religion that calls for the subjugation, humiliation, or murder of non-muslims - seems worthy of looking down on to me.
Calvinist brought up that the Qur'an says to kill infidels, in context, I responded that the bible says the same thing.

Just providing another look at the matter.

And as I said, the religions as a whole, no, I don't look down on. Religions are capable of doing great things. However, its the individuals who warp and shape religion to their perverted vision of whats right and wrong, thats who I hate. The same ones that use it to subjugate people.

Catholics did it for centuries

Old 08-15-2010, 01:23 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
You may not call it hate, but it has all of the aspects of hate.

People don't understand it, or want to. They lump everyone into one group, instead of focusing on the small percentage who actually does bad things.

It'd be a prejudice if Islam didn't spread across many cultures and races.
There are things worthy of hate - Islam is one of them and any of the main and true forms throughout its history according to the schools that exist. I am not talking about individuals per-se. You are just a coward and afraid to make judgments about things worthy of disgust and hatred. I hate liers thiefs and murderers too - can you - no you are one of those evolved and enligthened people.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
There are things worthy of hate - Islam is one of them and any of the main and true forms throughout its history according to the schools that exist. I am not talking about individuals per-se. You are just a coward and afraid to make judgments about things worthy of disgust and hatred. I hate liers thiefs and murderers too - can you - no you are one of those evolved and enligthened people.
If you hate Islam for what it has done, and what its currently doing, then you've got to hate Christianity equally.

There will be no way of knowing, but I'd be willing to bet that more people, many times over, have been killed in the name of Christ than Muhammad.

Both religions are quite bloody. But in reality, its not the religions that force people to kill, people generally just use them to kill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies