Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 02:22 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,243,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I haven't heard anything from this Imam, or most others, that I didn't hear coming from a fire and brimstone sermon on Sunday growing up.

Most mosques aren't ran by radical Muslims, I'd like to see proof of that.

And Christians do try to enforce their morality and religious laws on me. The anti gay marriage push is mainly religious based, as well as my not being able to buy beer on Sunday, as is the fact I can't smoke a joint in my own house legally.

Lots of other Christian "morals" shoved down my throat, but that'd be a bit off topic, just answering your allegations.
I'm from Montgomery County, Maryland, one of the most liberal counties in the entire USA, and you cannot buy booze on Sundays because the county are a monopoly on liquor sales, and the stores are closed on Sundays.. And while you may want to smoke a joint in your house, they actually tried to ban people from smoking outdoors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 02:23 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,408,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
So, if a Christian is against gay marriage (and I don't include myself with these people), that outrages you.

But if Muslims want to stone gay people to death, you recommend tolerance for their religion?
When was the last time a Muslim stoned a gay man to death in America? I can't help what happens in other countries, but I can't remember that happening in my country, and if it did, I'm sure they meet quite quickly with the judicial system.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:24 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,090,579 times
Do you guys purposely leave out the events of this past year, with the muslim underwear bomber and the other muslim that tried his attempt at bombing NY?

Go ahead, claim they are peaceful people and a completely tolerant religion. Just because they didn't succeed doesn't mean the intent wasn't there, which is just as bad.

I don't get how you can compare Christianity to this topic. There are clearly more nuts in the muslim world than christian world

Old 08-16-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
When was the last time a Muslim stoned a gay man to death in America? I can't help what happens in other countries, but I can't remember that happening in my country, and if it did, I'm sure they meet quite quickly with the judicial system.
There was a case of muslims shooting a gay guy in California with a BB gun I believe, but they weren't too clear on whether they would be charged with hate crimes..

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...AGLG.DTL&tsp=1

Old 08-16-2010, 02:29 PM

894 posts, read 1,127,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by righthandman
according to the christians, yes.
I'm Christian, and I believe that Muslims should have the right to practice their religion here just the same as anyone else. It's a right they have under the Constitution. I know of many other Christians that feel the same way I do.

My best friend is Muslim and resides in Pakistan.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:31 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,646,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
In Islam, there is NO such thing as religious freedom.

Truly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
There was a case of muslims shooting a gay guy in California with a BB gun I believe, but they weren't too clear on whether they would be charged with hate crimes..
Shooting a guy with a BB gun? Do you have any idea how many gay guys get whipped in fights outside of bars every night?

Thats not stoning, and they aren't dead. Some guys just don't like homosexuals, thats just the world we live in. While I disagree with that kind of hate, and I hope the punks were strung up by their buster browns, its not stoning, and they aren't dead.

31,387 posts, read 37,077,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Go ahead, claim they are peaceful people and a completely tolerant religion. Just because they didn't succeed doesn't mean the intent wasn't there, which is just as bad.
I tried finding the percentage Muslims required to make such a broad statement but my calculator brain farted when I tried to divide 3 by 1.4 billion. Perhaps a math wiz can help me out with this.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Shooting a guy with a BB gun? Do you have any idea how many gay guys get whipped in fights outside of bars every night?

Thats not stoning, and they aren't dead. Some guys just don't like homosexuals, thats just the world we live in. While I disagree with that kind of hate, and I hope the punks were strung up by their buster browns, its not stoning, and they aren't dead.
Proof? I walk through gay areas of DC all the time and I never see any gay bashing going on. There are tons of gay bars here..

Do you deny all the honor killings that have taken place here? There probably haven't been any of those for gay muslims in the US because they're way too afraid to come out of the closet.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I tried finding the percentage Muslims required to make such a broad statement but my calculator brain farted when I tried to divide 3 by 1.4 billion. Perhaps a math wiz can help me out with this.
2.4 x 10 -9th power
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies