Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 08:07 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times

Advertisements

The race in California in which idiots stood mere feet from racers going 100 mph is probably going to cost ME and YOU lots of money. Not only were 8 people killed but 12 were injured including one who has a broken neck and may never function again.
It is really funny to me that the media does not seem to want to tell us who has medical insurance and who doesn't but somehow I got a feeling that few if any of them have a cent of health insurance. Which means that me and you are going to pay for their very expensive care at Loma Linda Hospital. Either through our tax dollars of through yet even higher premiums.
And these are probably all tea party types that gripe about "Obamacare" and the insurance requirement. I agree with you- you should not have to pay for medical insurance if you don't want BUT only on the condition that hospitals are forbidden from providing any care to you if you get hurt. I am sure none of these fools expected to be run over despite their stupidity. So when they did get hurt, why should the hospital provide care if they do not have the ability to pay for it? I think that they should have been left in the desert and their families can care for them. Otherwise they need to get on board with Obamacare for all!

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-17-2010 at 06:14 AM.. Reason: Offensive description
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 08:13 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,221 times
Trailer Trash?? You are sadly mistaken on what kind of people live in mobile homes. I've seen mansions with crooks in them but don't think everyone is a crook that lives in them.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:16 PM

45,407 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The race in California in which trailer trash idiots stood mere feet from racers going 100 mph is probably going to cost ME and YOU lots of money. Not only were 8 people killed but 12 were injured including one who has a broken neck and may never function again.
It is really funny to me that the media does not seem to want to tell us who has medical insurance and who doesn't but somehow I got a feeling that few if any of them have a cent of health insurance. Which means that me and you are going to pay for their very expensive care at Loma Linda Hospital. Either through our tax dollars of through yet even higher premiums.
And these are probably all tea party types that gripe about "Obamacare" and the insurance requirement. I agree with you- you should not have to pay for medical insurance if you don't want BUT only on the condition that hospitals are forbidden from providing any care to you if you get hurt. I am sure none of these fools expected to be run over despite their stupidity. So when they did get hurt, why should the hospital provide care if they do not have the ability to pay for it? I think that they should have been left in the desert and their families can care for them. Otherwise they need to get on board with Obamacare for all!

As far as insurance goes when was the last time, or ever, insurance coverage was mentioned in the reporting of an accident?

For the rest of it: you really have issues and you make yourself sound bitter, not to mention pathetic.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
As far as insurance goes when was the last time, or ever, insurance coverage was mentioned in the reporting of an accident?

For the rest of it: you really have issues and you make yourself sound bitter, not to mention pathetic.
It should be mentioned in EVERY news account of ANY accident. People need to know what these leeches are costing the rest of us. The news should say something like "Jane and John Doe, both medically uninsured, were taken by air ambulance to Loma Linda Hospital where both are in critical condition".

Old 08-16-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
Trailer Trash?? You are sadly mistaken on what kind of people live in mobile homes. I've seen mansions with crooks in them but don't think everyone is a crook that lives in them.
Well off subject but I will simply say this- yes I know there are a FEW nice trailer parks. Especially those that are limited to age 55 and up and those very few where the trailer dweller actually owns the piece of earth beneath the home. But 90% of them are filled with illegals, stray animals, drunks and meth heads.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:27 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
It should be mentioned in EVERY news account of ANY accident. People need to know what these leeches are costing the rest of us. The news should say something like "Jane and John Doe, both medically uninsured, were taken by air ambulance to Loma Linda Hospital where both are in critical condition".
Right.........you just take that up with the journalism schools across the country as well as the media publishers.

Civil courts exist to settle disputes that arise out of tragic events like this. If in the future the OP wishes to engage in serious discussion perhaps leaving out the insulting labels might lend to thread credibility.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:29 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
The race in California in which trailer trash idiots stood mere feet from racers going 100 mph is probably going to cost ME and YOU lots of money.
Wow. Nice way to talk about people that have lost their lives. Is this an example of that famous liberal tolerance and love?

Old 08-16-2010, 08:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Lives were lost.

I keep their families in my prayers.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:31 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
The race in California in which trailer trash idiots stood mere feet from racers going 100 mph is probably going to cost ME and YOU lots of money. Not only were 8 people killed but 12 were injured including one who has a broken neck and may never function again.
LOL, what an imagination, why don't you write for TV? You can think up some tragic scenarios there before you even know anything about it.

Who knows, they may have worked to get Obamacare passed and for him to be elected.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:37 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,579,562 times
Quote:
Well off subject but I will simply say this- yes I know there are a FEW nice trailer parks. Especially those that are limited to age 55 and up and those very few where the trailer dweller actually owns the piece of earth beneath the home. But 90% of them are filled with illegals, stray animals, drunks and meth heads.
I Guess you don't get out in the real WORLD MUCH ? the one i am in is not just for over 55 and i will tell you on both sides of me are $ 350,00.00 unit's and I wouldn't call the owners Trailer trash .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies